I need to lose 35 pounds in 2 months !! Please Help me.

Options
Im currently running on treadmill 40 min and I burn between 500-800 calories acording to the machine. I also do 20 min weight lifting etc and swim between 1-2 hours a day.I need to lose 35 pounds until 18th of august, you think what im doing will help? I need information about what should I eat also and how much.

Additional information: 18 Male, 5-11 , currently weight 200 lbs.

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,269 Member
    Options
    I will be blunt but I don't think 35 lbs in 2 months is possible. At least not in a way that won't make you ill. You don't have a lot to lose so you won' have the big loss to start. Why do you have to lose so much so fast?
  • WhoIsAmber
    WhoIsAmber Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Any reason why you need to be 165 so quickly? A sport or beach vacation?

You'd have to lose like 4-5 pounds a week, there's no way you can do that healthily. You'll either be starving or dehydrating yourself, which I wouldn't recommend for lasting results (could also land you in the hospital #srs)

You could maybe lose 8 to 16 pounds, healthily and it actually be body fat that you're losing instead of water.
  • DopeRichard
    Options
    Please reply only if you're going to answer my question.
  • victoriacedeno96
    Options
    You can't do it while being healthy. Remember you don't have to loose it all for people to notice. Get a HR monitor those machines are not accurate. Running is the best way to loose weight quickly. I would say your workout routine is fine as long as you don't burn out and you are eating enough to sustain that type of activity. I never follow fads with my diet. I eat only real foods. No cans, no boxes no crap. Meat, veggies, fruits, and Healthy fats etc... You need to look up your RmR or BMR to know how many calories at a minimum you should be eating. Try this

http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    No, you're not going to lose 35 lbs in two months. 35 weeks is a more realistic timeframe to lose 35 lbs.
  • victoriacedeno96
    Options
    They are answering your question. There is no loose weight quick special program. 35 pounds can not be lost in 2 months while being healthy. Honestly I don't think you can even sustain your level of activity either.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options

So your question was "you think what im doing will help?"

The answer - Yes, working out will help you lose some weight. Can you lose that much in 2 months? Probably not.

To lose weight you need to be in a calorie deficit.

Read this:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

LOL.
  • indiacampbell
    indiacampbell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi: I would strongly caution you against losing that much weight in such a short period. It is normally hard to lose 10 lbs in one month, but that is the most you should try to lose and remain healthy, otherwise based on the advice of my medical doctor, you will regain the weight and probably a few more pounds on top of that. Good luck to you.
  • ronbo62098
    ronbo62098 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    The answer to your question is "NO". Period. There is NO safe and effective way to loose that much weight that quickly given your starting point. Not. Going. To. Happen.

Want proof? The best example is one I read on another post here: if there was ANY way to safely and effectively loose that much weight (any method, any pill, any magic fairy dust - at ANY price), do you honestly think Oprah would still be fat? Not to pick on Ms. O, but seriously - with ALL her resources/money/trainers, she has trouble keeping the weight off. If there was an easy way, she wouldn't have that problem. Ergo - there IS NO EASY WAY.

Diet, exercise and TIME. You need all three. Nothing else will work.

Well - one thing - you can get a leg amputated, but I'm assuming that's not what you meant.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Eat 20g net carbs daily. Believe me it works. Check out the Atkins site.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Men do typically lose faster than women, and I lost between 10 and 15 lbs a month for the first year or so yes it is possible.
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options

Nope.\
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Nope, can't be done.

The only way this would be remotely possible is if you were morbidly obese. Even then, it would be a stretch. You're already in a healthy weight range, so dropping 35 pounds is going to take time and patience.

** edited for typo
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Why? I did it once to win a competition by doing keto (very low carb 25g or less) but it wasn't fat loss but mostly water, and I gained a portion back. My friend who also did it had the same exact results--this is because low carb helps you lose fast because you store less water weight (so it's just a scale number at first) .. so if you are doing this for health reasons or for appearance reasons then I suggest doing it the calorie deficient way, and your goal of losing 35lbs in 2 months is unrealistic and just be prepared to be disappointed. Don't let that cause you to quit when it most likely happens... If it's for a competition, to get into a certain weight class for sports, or etc.. then low carb it up.

I wanted to add that Ketogenic diet can be a lifestyle and I only gained back because I went off of it and wasn't careful about it -- I've seen people who achieved goals with it and kept it all off.
  • mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    <50g carbs a day - will be hard with your exercise level, if you cant handle it go higher
    1500 cal deficit, I wouldnt go higher, taper up as you get nearer to goal
    eca stack 2w on 2w off, (or clen)
    last week cut water(down)/creatine(if taking) stop weights lower carbs/sodium

last week try to burn as much water as possible

you will gain it back, look up making weight class.
    obviously you will lose muscle as well
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Men do typically lose faster than women, and I lost between 10 and 15 lbs a month for the first year or so yes it is possible.

It is all relative.
    Your ticker also says you lost 214lbs. It is much easier (eta - and safer) to lose weight at a quicker pace when you have more weight to lose. OP has far less to lose which makes it much harder to drop large amounts of weight.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options

Please STOP. I'm ketogenic and Dr Atkins was great. However, that's BS. It's not healthy for this person to try to lose 35 pounds so quickly no matter how he tries to do it. I'm not even sure that 165 is a great weight for 5"11. Also, few people, especially a man, would need to limit carbs that much to be ketogenic. Also, a ketogenic lifestyle doesn't work if it's treated like a fad diet with the only goal to lose as much weight, as fast, as possible. It wouldn't surprise me if the current Atkins Corporation has gone so far off the deep end as to support the same crap, but stop giving the rest of us ketogenic people a bad name. Thanks.
  • kgeyser
    Options

You had a lot more to lose than the OP. He's 5'11" and 200 lbs.
  • kgeyser
    Options
    <50g carbs a day - will be hard with your exercise level, if you cant handle it go higher
    1500 cal deficit, I wouldnt go higher, taper up as you get nearer to goal
    eca stack 2w on 2w off, (or clen)
    last week cut water(down)/creatine(if taking) stop weights lower carbs/sodium

last week try to burn as much water as possible

you will gain it back, look up making weight class.
    obviously you will lose muscle as well

NO.