I need to lose 35 pounds in 2 months !! Please Help me.

Options

Replies

• mayfrayy
    mayfrayy Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i guess no one has heard of cutting for weight class.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    i guess no one has heard of cutting for weight class.

I'm sure plenty of us are aware of that for certain sports. That doesn't mean it's good or healthy, especially when the amount needed to lose IS the span of an entire weight class. 35lbs in 2 months is just not appropriate in this case. Time to move up a class, if that is the case.
  • AlwaysBigSteve
    AlwaysBigSteve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Remove a limb. I'd estimate your left leg weighs about 35 lbs...

Hell, mine probably weights 85 :P

BTW OP, Welcome to the forums, my first few questions had the same results too.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Jeasus, I said reply only if you're going to help me, most of you reply with rude comments and judgments. That is my goal 35 pounds before school start. Period, Thank you to all the tried to help me, Topic Solved !
    people were trying to help you by telling you what you wanted to do was unlikely or unhealthy then you threw your toys out of the pram. I'm afraid in the adult world we don't always get the answers we want to hear. Hopefully when you get to school you'll learn to actually listen to people and act like a grown up. You didn't put the weight on overnight do I'm afraid it won't come off that quick we don't always get what we want that's life in afraid. Good luck in the future
  • caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    You can't do it and be healthy at the same time.

I refuse to enable people who want to do this the unhealthy way.

Sooooooooorry.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds in three months, I did an hour to 90 minutes every day and ate a lot of salad and lean protein. Least to say I got tired of it and screwed up my eating habits, but it is possible. Just keep doing all that physical activity and eat lean protein and tons of salad and you'll lose close to 35 pounds in 2 months. This time I'm working out 2 hours every day whenever possible and following six small meals, so hopefully the weight will go fast like before.

*Waving goodbye to all of that muscle"
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Jeasus, I said reply only if you're going to help me, most of you reply with rude comments and judgments. That is my goal 35 pounds before school start. Period, Thank you to all the tried to help me, Topic Solved !

Its nice discussing things with someone young enough to still know everything!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    OP - most people here are trying to help you :-) If you try and do what you want to do you are going to fail. This advice is helpful if you take it as genuine, with the best intentions of people caring enough to spend time to communicate this with you instead of watching TV or going onto facebook. It can't be done and if you try you are going to fail, possibility poorly, possibly injured or just possibility extremely frustrated. Its a bit like someone writing - I need a $1000000 in 3 months, show me how to do it and then people let you know you can't do it. Now, if you were 350 lb then it may be possible because your calorie burn would be a lot higher but at 200 lb your calorie burn isn't big enough. You could exercise 5 hrs a day to increase it but that is going to injure you andor make you ill You could really drop your calorie intake - if you did this for 8 weeks you would be a star but you would also become extremely poorly. If you try and drop weight at this rate, while you are still functional, you will be burning as much muscle as fat (this is science based findings).
    Now, what you can do is take it easier, learn about your body. Train yourself at a sensible rate so that in 6 months time you are a kit leaner and fitter than you are now. Surely this has got to be a better goal because its achievable and a great result in itself.

Good luck
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I lost 50 pounds in three months, I did an hour to 90 minutes every day and ate a lot of salad and lean protein. Least to say I got tired of it and screwed up my eating habits, but it is possible. Just keep doing all that physical activity and eat lean protein and tons of salad and you'll lose close to 35 pounds in 2 months. This time I'm working out 2 hours every day whenever possible and following six small meals, so hopefully the weight will go fast like before.

but you ticker says you have lost only 7 lb ? I'm guessing in the time of your diet you lost 4 lb of water, 3lb of stuff going though your tummy, 12lb of fat and 13lb of muscle. When you look at it like this was it worth all the effort and the damage to your body to loose 13 lb of fat - which you have since put back on unfortunately. The really sad thing as well is that the additional weight you have gained back wont be in the same ratio of fat:muscle unless you were training hard. Your body composition is now unfortunately most probably more fat that it was before you started :-( I don't mean to disrespect you or upset you by writing this but it is important for other people to understand that your advice is incorrect and will damage them. . After saying all this I want to pass on my best wishes to you. Take it easy , exercise (cardio and weights seem best) and cut back at a reasonable rate - let MFP set it and eat back most of your exercise calories while trying to balance your macros (perhaps even more protein than MFP suggests) and you will have great success. This time next year you will be the person you want to be (And will have been for a while :-) )
  • FitnessInstructorKhalil
    Options
    Guys most of you are talking but you don't know what you're saying, it is possible to lose 35lbs in 2mobths. I've had a client lose 36lbs in one month (he was morbidly obese though). Mate you only need to be losing 4.5lbs a week which is very much achievable in a healthy way. You will need to sacrifice a lot of food and use meal replacements instead though. And training up to 5X a week and you will definitely lose the weight.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Guys most of you are talking but you don't know what you're saying, it is possible to lose 35lbs in 2mobths. I've had a client lose 36lbs in one month (he was morbidly obese though). Mate you only need to be losing 4.5lbs a week which is very much achievable in a healthy way. You will need to sacrifice a lot of food and use meal replacements instead though. And training up to 5X a week and you will definitely lose the weight.

You're comparing the loss of a morbidly obese person to a kid who is far from obese. I truly hope that no informed person uses you as a fitness coach since you don't have a clue.
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Im currently running on treadmill 40 min and I burn between 500-800 calories acording to the machine. I also do 20 min weight lifting etc and swim between 1-2 hours a day.I need to lose 35 pounds until 18th of august, you think what im doing will help? I need information about what should I eat also and how much.

Additional information: 18 Male, 5-11 , currently weight 200 lbs.

Think of it this way, to lose 1 pound you have to run a deficit of 3500 calories.
    To lose 35 pounds you have to have a deficit of 35*3500=122,500 calories.
    To lose that many calories in 2 months you would have to have 122,500 / 61 days = 2008 calorie deficit A DAY.
    Do you think you can burn 1500-2000 calories a day from exercise?

Also, don't trust the calories burned as estimated by the machine. Those estimates tend to run high.
    Options
    Only a fool would say that, I've also had a client at 95kg lose 20kg in 3months without training at all and he's kept all the weight off. 35 lbs in 2 months is achievable as its only 4.5lbs a week, i myself lost 14lbs in a week and that was no issue. Only lazy people would say you cant lose that much weight. You obviously don't know what hardwork and good nutrition is.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Only a fool would say that, I've also had a client at 95kg lose 20kg in 3months without training at all and he's kept all the weight off. 35 lbs in 2 months is achievable as its only 4.5lbs a week, i myself lost 14lbs in a week and that was no issue. Only lazy people would say you cant lose that much weight. You obviously don't know what hardwork and good nutrition is.

Did you get your certification online? Like through BeachBody?
    Options
    No i studied sport science which i passed easily. I'm qualified with the YMCA Certificate
    Options
    I don't trust trainers who get their qualifications online, its like going for a heart surgery and your doctor telling you they qualified online, you just wouldn't allow that.
  • AlwaysBigSteve
    AlwaysBigSteve Posts: 82 Member
    Options

You say it's possible and call people names but you don't' give the answer, just some vague directions. If you do have the magic formula to not only lose 35lbs in 2 months but as you say, a client of yours lost over 20% of their body mass in 3 months in a healthy manner and keep the weight of YOU SIR NEED TO WRITE THE BOOK FOR EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. I mean seriously, you're posting vagueness on these forums instead of riding the world of obese people single handedly? Why are you here without even as much as a profile pic if you are working these miracles? I would be out making the fat stacks of cash.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Please reply only if you're going to answer my question.

*FACEPALM*
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    No i studied sport science which i passed easily. I'm qualified with the YMCA Certificate

I'm amazed then that you are encouraging people to lose 4-5lbs a week.
    Any reputable trainer would know that unless a client is morbidly obese, they should not be attempting that.
    They would have to create at least a 14,000 calorie deficit per week to lose just 4lbs of FAT, not water. Does that sound healthy to you?
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

You say it's possible and call people names but you don't' give the answer, just some vague directions. If you do have the magic formula to not only lose 35lbs in 2 months but as you say, a client of yours lost over 20% of their body mass in 3 months in a healthy manner and keep the weight of YOU SIR NEED TO WRITE THE BOOK FOR EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD. I mean seriously, you're posting vagueness on these forums instead of riding the world of obese people single handedly? Why are you here without even as much as a profile pic if you are working these miracles? I would be out making the fat stacks of cash.

IKR