Stereotyping against Beautiful People

Options
So I'm new to this website..one of my close friends told me about it and was explaining the wonderful people and the support that she got from here, so I figured I'd give it a try. But I recently got a message today from a guy I'm assuming, who started out with calling me good looking..Noww I'm not complaining I mean who doesn't like getting complimented? But I'm also assuming that once I started to reply and wasn't acting like I was interested ( I do have a boyfriend ) he got mad? or insulted which usually happens to someone once you "turn them down" he accused me of being fake? I'm sorry that I'm a mildly attractive young girl who isn't interested due to a relationship? That doesn't make me fake..and for some reason that really eerked me this morning..

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Ok....
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Try not to take it to heart. You did nothing wrong. It is the other persons problem. There will always be situations like that.:flowerforyou:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    yeah-ok.gif
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You have used the internet before right?
  • skinnnyminiiiiii
    Options
    Try not to take it to heart. You did nothing wrong. It is the other persons problem. There will always be situations like that.:flowerforyou:

It's hard not to take it to heart when it happens al the time..
  • YearsWorthOfFAT
    Options
    So, what's the point? That's not stereotyping against beautiful people. That's someone being an *kitten*. It's not nice but you just need to move on an ignore it.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

Why would you respond to strange men who message you 'all the time'? Do you think they just want to be friends?
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    meh sounds like the guy has issues. That being said, check your inbox OP.

j/k :laugh:
  • randomtai
    Options
    Reverse Google Search.

200_s.gif
  • skinnnyminiiiiii
    Options

Why would you respond to strange men who message you 'all the time'? Do you think they just want to be friends?

I figue I was being nice? Sorry for replying?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    So I'm new to this website..one of my close friends told me about it and was explaining the wonderful people and the support that she got from here, so I figured I'd give it a try. But I recently got a message today from a guy I'm assuming, who started out with calling me good looking..Noww I'm not complaining I mean who doesn't like getting complimented? But I'm also assuming that once I started to reply and wasn't acting like I was interested ( I do have a boyfriend ) he got mad? or insulted which usually happens to someone once you "turn them down" he accused me of being fake? I'm sorry that I'm a mildly attractive young girl who isn't interested due to a relationship? That doesn't make me fake..and for some reason that really eerked me this morning..

I'm not sure how to answer this.

There are weirdos on the internet. You're not being stereotyped, you're the target of a weirdo. It happens to the best of us - even us of much lesser beauty.

You know what I do? Delete the messages and move on with my life.
  • TavistockToad
    Options

I figue I was being nice? Sorry for replying?

Why are you saying sorry to me? I'm not bothered if you wanna talk to creepers on the net!
  • skinnnyminiiiiii
    Options
    OMG, I GUESS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AREN'T AS NICEE AS I WAS TOLD...I SHOULDN'T GET RIDICULED FOR BEING OFFENDED
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call it stereotyping, some people just turn to insults when you aren't interested in them, as a way of comforting their ego that they can't just get anyone they want like that. It helps them with their insecurity. If you wouldn't like to receive messages like that, it helps to change your profile picture (which I know sounds unfair but really for the sake of a random photo to not get hassled I'd take it). Like I used to be part of a site made for sharing experiences, and when I had my picture up, I would log on and see 30+ emails from new guys I hadn't spoken to, but when I changed it to a flower, it dropped to 5, most being from people I actually talked to.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Girls used to only want me for my money so I gave up my job and became homeless. But the girls still were after me because I had a smoking hot body so I gained weight and stopped exercising. Still they pursued me because I have an intellect that dwarfs most mortals so I started taking drugs to dumb myself down.

After years of effort, I have finally become so repulsive that no one but my wife and girlfriends dare try to chase me down.

Maybe a similar program might work for you?

:drinker: :drinker:
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    OMG, I GUESS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AREN'T AS NICEE AS I WAS TOLD...I SHOULDN'T GET RIDICULED FOR BEING OFFENDED

5bc6e07ef20e4a8ea5799e5760f18aea_full.jpg
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    men have very fragile egos

nothing new here
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

I agree
  • randomtai
    Options
    nothing new here

I agree.
  • QueenofHobbies
    Options
    People hate rejection of any kind or type. How they deal with it is a moderate meter on their personality. That being said, if you find you are being constantly being propositioned or whatever (and for all we know this person sent a "hey, you are pretty!" or "hello!" and was perceived as a creep, you know the rule 1st rule be attractive, second rule be attractive blah blah) you need to have a protocol to deal with those people. You're on this site to do something very specific yes? Here are a few practical thoughts:

If you're on here to "be healthy" then I'd just filter your messages: get a message that is inappropriate or creepy? Why bother responding, delete and block first thing. Why bother being nice to interwebz strangers that are making you feel creeped out? You owe them NOTHING. If you reply to messages that are evidently creepy this is a simple thing to do that requires zero drama. It's easy.

If you respond to a stranger who comes off as a normal nice person and then they start creeping on you- guess what? Delete and block them.
    Furthermore- if you really are concerned you can switch your avatar to a more neutral one and also limit the type of personal information on your profile.

If you balk at making your profile so neutral: then deal with it by utilizing a few simple steps to reduce the stress that hits you when you have to say "no" and someone flips out by nipping it the bud in the first place. You cannot control other people: you can control how you handle it. Take responsibility and be responsible for yourself.

Hope that helps!
This discussion has been closed.