Stereotyping against Beautiful People

Options

Replies

• skinnnyminiiiiii
    Options
    You got into college without first learning how to spell? :noway:

Being beautiful is a cross some women learn to bear silently.

I'm not like most victims of society..I know I'm beautiful and I shouldn't be afraid to speak out about it
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I don't even show my face on MFP (or the internet in general) and I still get creepy mail from creepy men. Ignore/block, move on. It's not because you're pretty, it's because you most likely have female genitalia, and some men are programmed to act like idiots when they sense a female is near. I don't even give them the slightest satisfaction of a return "hello" unless they genuinely respond to something I've said on the forums and treat me like a normal human being.
    There's creepy females too. Just sayin'. lol
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    OP, I can confirm. Being stunningly attractive is a MASSIVE burden...

But I try to carry it lightly - I suggest you do the same!
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    OMG, I GUESS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AREN'T AS NICEE AS I WAS TOLD...I SHOULDN'T GET RIDICULED FOR BEING OFFENDED

You're not being ridiculed for being offended (which you never even mentioned, you said "eerked"). People are poking a bit of fun at you for the "This is what I have to deal with for being so beautiful" vibe of your thread title/post.

People on the internet send inappropriate, rude, hateful messages to other people all the time. It sucks - but it's not about you - it's about them. I get asked for nudes at *least* once a week. I can't control these messages, I can only control what I do about them.

I know I seem to be putting off the "whoa is me" vibe out but in all reality I was trying to get people to realize that just because I'm "pretty and uninterrested" doesn't mean I should be called out and made fun of

Sorry, you’re not as pretty as you think. I’d give you a 5 out of 10. The statement “men have fragile egos.” is not true. Boys have fragile egos, those aren’t men. Women who get hit on all the time build up an immunity to it. Obviously you don’t have that, obviously don’t get hit on as much as you think. Women who get hit on all the time get called sluts, lesbian all the time by these boys. It doesn’t bother them, they heard it a zillion times. What was said to you wasn’t that bad, yet you’re having a difficult time with it.

I do understand it can be annoying at times. Women are constantly throwing themselves at me. The line is long to be with a man as great as me. I mean just look at me, I am like a god. It gets pretty frustrating and makes it hard to choose. I do understand your predicament.

LOL @ you thinking the people on this site are nice.

Your profile says you're a woman, so you're a lesbian? And you're THAT smokin' hot?! I might have to switch teams...
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    This thread is so cute. It reminds me of the stuff my 13yo stepdaughter says.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    OP, I can confirm. Being stunningly attractive is a MASSIVE burden...

But I try to carry it lightly - I suggest you do the same!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

To the person who said females can be creepy too, I agree 100%. My scariest stalkers have been female. The men usually go away after their temper tantrum. The females will show up on your doorstep.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    That happens. Its happened to me. Big deal. Move on, move forward, get on with it.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,470 Member
    Options
    yeah-ok.gif
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Let me explain what happened to you op. You got trolled. Put it simply the guy wanted something and when you didn't give him what he wanted the troll showed his true colors.

You are better off just ignoring him and acting like he doesn't even exist.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

To the person who said females can be creepy too, I agree 100%. My scariest stalkers have been female. The men usually go away after their temper tantrum. The females will show up on your doorstep.
    Yup. I had to move away because of that once back in the day. lol She kept calling me for a year and half later too.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options

I'm not like most victims of society..I know I'm beautiful and I shouldn't be afraid to speak out about it

you sound like you have a narcissistic personality disorder OP. here ya go: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Lmao. Speechless I tell you. I am speechless.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

It's not a bad thing to think/say that you're beautiful - I wish more people did see the beauty they have.

But, you don't know that's the reason you're being hit on (which is, I think, the whole issue with this thread to begin with). I don't consider myself beautiful - and I still get hit on regularly.

It's not the plight of the gorgeous. It's the plight of the internet (playgrounds for the lonely and horny).
  • emsainz15
    emsainz15 Posts: 3
    Options
    OMG, I GUESS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AREN'T AS NICEE AS I WAS TOLD...I SHOULDN'T GET RIDICULED FOR BEING OFFENDED

You're not being ridiculed for being offended (which you never even mentioned, you said "eerked"). People are poking a bit of fun at you for the "This is what I have to deal with for being so beautiful" vibe of your thread title/post.

People on the internet send inappropriate, rude, hateful messages to other people all the time. It sucks - but it's not about you - it's about them. I get asked for nudes at *least* once a week. I can't control these messages, I can only control what I do about them.

I know I seem to be putting off the "whoa is me" vibe out but in all reality I was trying to get people to realize that just because I'm "pretty and uninterrested" doesn't mean I should be called out and made fun of

Sorry, you’re not as pretty as you think. I’d give you a 5 out of 10. The statement “men have fragile egos.” is not true. Boys have fragile egos, those aren’t men. Women who get hit on all the time build up an immunity to it. Obviously you don’t have that, obviously don’t get hit on as much as you think. Women who get hit on all the time get called sluts, lesbian all the time by these boys. It doesn’t bother them, they heard it a zillion times. What was said to you wasn’t that bad, yet you’re having a difficult time with it.

I do understand it can be annoying at times. Women are constantly throwing themselves at me. The line is long to be with a man as great as me. I mean just look at me, I am like a god. It gets pretty frustrating and makes it hard to choose. I do understand your predicament.

Your profile says you're a woman, so you're a lesbian? And you're THAT smokin' hot?! I might have to switch teams...

I use my powers to go back and forth. I convert to a woman when I don't want them hitting on me.
  • in_the_stars
    in_the_stars Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options

It's not a bad thing to think/say that you're beautiful - I wish more people did see the beauty they have.

But, you don't know that's the reason you're being hit on (which is, I think, the whole issue with this thread to begin with). I don't consider myself beautiful - and I still get hit on regularly.

It's not the plight of the gorgeous. It's the plight of the internet (playgrounds for the lonely and horny).

Like! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

I don't even know what that means....
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

I use my powers to go back and forth. I convert to a woman when I don't want them hitting on me.

Mmmmm...hermaphrodite...even hotter.
  • skinnnyminiiiiii
    Options
    Grow up..seriously
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options

"Whoa is she."

I cannot even. I mean, I literally cannot even.
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Grow up..seriously

That's what I was thinking too!!!

...when reading your replies to this thread.
This discussion has been closed.