Stereotyping against Beautiful People

Options

Replies

• spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes, this is exactly what I would do if I were the recipient of unwanted advances- call more attention to myself! :sad:
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    OMG, I GUESS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AREN'T AS NICEE AS I WAS TOLD...I SHOULDN'T GET RIDICULED FOR BEING OFFENDED

You're not being ridiculed for being offended (which you never even mentioned, you said "eerked"). People are poking a bit of fun at you for the "This is what I have to deal with for being so beautiful" vibe of your thread title/post.

People on the internet send inappropriate, rude, hateful messages to other people all the time. It sucks - but it's not about you - it's about them. I get asked for nudes at *least* once a week. I can't control these messages, I can only control what I do about them.
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

You're not being ridiculed for being offended (which you never even mentioned, you said "eerked"). People are poking a bit of fun at you for the "This is what I have to deal with for being so beautiful" vibe of your thread title/post.

People on the internet send inappropriate, rude, hateful messages to other people all the time. It sucks - but it's not about you - it's about them.
    lol this ^^ I think most people on this site are pretty nice though.
  • TheNoLeafClover
    TheNoLeafClover Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    HP-Troll.gif
  • lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I thought this was a weight loss support website. That guy shouldn't have emailed you. It wasn't very nice. I would just ignore him.
  • forkofpower
    forkofpower Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    OMG, I GUESS THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE AREN'T AS NICEE AS I WAS TOLD...I SHOULDN'T GET RIDICULED FOR BEING OFFENDED

People on the internet send inappropriate, rude, hateful messages to other people all the time. It sucks - but it's not about you - it's about them. I get asked for nudes at *least* once a week. I can't control these messages, I can only control what I do about them.

Yeah, pretty much.
  • skinnnyminiiiiii
    Options

I know I seem to be putting off the "whoa is me" vibe out but in all reality I was trying to get people to realize that just because I'm "pretty and uninterrested" doesn't mean I should be called out and made fun of
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Miss, this is the internet. These things happen. It's why my picture is cupcakes instead of me.Now I get messages from creeper far less frequently. Your best bet is not responding to the messages. Ignore the attention if you don't want it. If you respond, the person looking for your attention is getting your attention. Your response in their inbox makes them happy, then it's just a turn-down and they get mad or insulted. Sure, it's immature and stupid. . . but behind the anonymity of the computer screen, people are much more likely to be jerks since they can get away with it. Ignore, ignore, ignore.

Also. . . learn not to take thing so personally. You'll be much happier cruising the internet and using forums if you don't take people's comments personally.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    If you're going to stay here, you'll need to learn that when people are unkind to you it's their issue, not yours.

It's not fun to have hurt feelings, get irked, or feel like you need to defend yourself. Assume this exact event will happen again and again. You will notice that the display picture will make a difference.
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    This site is one big meat market. Don't take it personally. Ignore the creepsters or change your profile pic to a heavyset girl. That outta stop' em!

Oh and I can say that because I'm a fat girl and when I do get inboxed almost always the number one question is if I am lifting weights. I think they want to know if I am still flabby under all this weight loss. The answer is you betcha! No need to inquire further. Move on. ????
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< picture of self swimming with sharks, never gets creeper messages. Based on my n=1 study, what you use for your avatar has a direct impact on what kind of messages you get, sad but true.

ETA: I just realized that's actually not the avatar I have up right now :laugh: , but the point still stands, I intentionally don't use a face pic.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options

I know I seem to be putting off the "whoa is me" vibe out but in all reality I was trying to get people to realize that just because I'm "pretty and uninterrested" doesn't mean I should be called out and made fun of

If you try to change "people" you will just get more frustrated. That guy has already forgotten about you and is presently flirting with or "irking" his next pretty girl.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

Of course you shouldn't be harassed via message because you've rejected someone. I hate telling people "this is life, suck it up" (I'm the girl who is always trying to fight to change stuff I don't like) - but in this case it's accurate. There is no way you can change every person that thinks other people owe them something. So it's better not to engage. I still sometimes answer messages on here IF I recognize the person as someone I've posted with often. Other than that, I just delete.
  • jstavix
    jstavix Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You can also choose to ignore or block a user, I have used that just this past week. Very simple way to eliminate your problem :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    You got into college without first learning how to spell? :noway:

Being beautiful is a cross some women learn to bear silently.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    LOL. holy humble brag batman.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options

OMG I AM SO BEAUTIFUL I GET MESSAGES FROM CREEPS ALL THE TIME THAT I AM PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO IGNORE. HALP!
  • emsainz15
    emsainz15 Posts: 3
    Options

Sorry, you’re not as pretty as you think. I’d give you a 5 out of 10. The statement “men have fragile egos.” is not true. Boys have fragile egos, those aren’t men. Women who get hit on all the time build up an immunity to it. Obviously you don’t have that, obviously don’t get hit on as much as you think. Women who get hit on all the time get called sluts, lesbian all the time by these boys. It doesn’t bother them, they heard it a zillion times. What was said to you wasn’t that bad, yet you’re having a difficult time with it.

I do understand it can be annoying at times. Women are constantly throwing themselves at me. The line is long to be with a man as great as me. I mean just look at me, I am like a god. It gets pretty frustrating and makes it hard to choose. I do understand your predicament.

LOL @ you thinking the people on this site are nice.

ETA: My issue when i was 50lbs over weight is that I looked like buddha I would use my spirtial powers to sleep with 5 women at a time, 3x a day. It gets tiring.
  • tmaryam
    tmaryam Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't even show my face on MFP (or the internet in general) and I still get creepy mail from creepy men. Ignore/block, move on. It's not because you're pretty, it's because you most likely have female genitalia, and some men are programmed to act like idiots when they sense a female is near. I don't even give them the slightest satisfaction of a return "hello" unless they genuinely respond to something I've said on the forums and treat me like a normal human being.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. *hair flip*
This discussion has been closed.