Am I skinny fat?

Options
1235»

Replies

• skinny0000
    skinny0000 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like the "fit or fat" method to calculate body fat %. Waist plus 1/2 hips minus three times forearm minus wrist.

You should be 15% fat.

Mine: 43+(.5*45)-(3*13)-8=18.5
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You need to go to the gym and lift some heavy *kitten* weights. Look up a structured program like 5x5, jason blaha's icecream fitness 5x5, allpro, stronglifts, etc. Find one you like. Research all the lifts. Start light, work on your form, and slowly add weights. I assume you want to get muscles because you are complaining of being skinny fat.

If the gym causes you anxitety. I can promise it wont after a few months of lifting, and eating food. In fact after a few months of lifting NOT going to the gym will stress you out.

No one cares what you do in the gym. Seriously no one. We are all there for the same reason. To look and feel good. Good luck on your journey.

Check out these forums on reddit. Look for people that have your body type, and goals and read what they did to achieve their goals.

http://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics

http://www.reddit.com/r/brogress

Good luck duder!
  • Thomaslol
    Thomaslol Posts: 42
    Options
    I don't fill in my food for the day, but my current values are:

1,920 240 64 96 2,300 72
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Suga

Does that seem right?

I don't think 1900 is enough given your stars. Is that what mfp gives you to lose 1lb per week?

Your Daily Goal 1,920 cal/day
    Daily Calorie Deficit 1,000 calories
    Projected Weight Loss 2 lbs/week

Although I haven't ever properly track my foods on here.
  • Thomaslol
    Options

Yeah I think I still see myself as how I was before. It's a shame I didn't ever take any pictures with my clothes off when I was 19 stone as I would really be able to compare then.

I don't know why I think 10 stone, but I suppose it's just because then I will weigh less and have less fat? If that makes sense.

I sound mad but I can't help how I feel.

I think you are still seeing yourself at the weight you were before..... you don't need an old picture with your clothes off, I can see from the before and after picture you posted how much you've changed.... I'm sure you can see that you've lost a lot of weight.. but you need to be able to see how thin you are.... and that you don't need to lose more weight.

10 stone would be far too thin for you..... I looked ill when I was 10 stone, and you're a fair bit taller than me so you'd look worse.

....obviously you will weigh less, and have less fat, but you would also have less lean muscle.... your stomach would most likely stick out and trust me mate, you wouldn't be happy.

you don't sound mad, you've just got a bit of a distorted perception of yourself.... it seems to be quite common with people when they've been overweight most of their life and then slim down.... its kind of like your head has not yet caught up with your body yet. its not an uncommon thing to happen to girls or guys.

I put your details into a TDEE calculator, and assuming you work out for 5 -6 hours a week then you need to be eating then you would need to eat 3120 calories per day to maintain your weight.

do you think you're eating close to that amount per day??

No I don't think I am eating that amount at all. Maybe on days where I have just had low motivation and eaten crap. Because I don't track I might be surprised and maybe am eating that + more.
  • Thomaslol
    Options
    I like the "fit or fat" method to calculate body fat %. Waist plus 1/2 hips minus three times forearm minus wrist.

You should be 15% fat.

I very much doubt I am 15% body fat. I'd guess at more like 25-30%.
  • Thomaslol
    Options
    You need to go to the gym and lift some heavy *kitten* weights. Look up a structured program like 5x5, jason blaha's icecream fitness 5x5, allpro, stronglifts, etc. Find one you like. Research all the lifts. Start light, work on your form, and slowly add weights. I assume you want to get muscles because you are complaining of being skinny fat.

If the gym causes you anxitety. I can promise it wont after a few months of lifting, and eating food. In fact after a few months of lifting NOT going to the gym will stress you out.

No one cares what you do in the gym. Seriously no one. We are all there for the same reason. To look and feel good. Good luck on your journey.

Check out these forums on reddit. Look for people that have your body type, and goals and read what they did to achieve their goals.

http://www.reddit.com/r/progresspics

http://www.reddit.com/r/brogress

Good luck duder!

Yeah I have looked into the 5x5 stronglifts. Looked at the website and what each lift is.

I did go to the gym at one point. Once I had lost some weight from doing cardio at home. I could still go the gym and do cardio, but I would feel very uncomfortable doing the weights because that isn't my comfort zone.

Once I start at home, get my form and practice sorted then I might have the confidence to tackle the weight section at the gym.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

You should be 15% fat.

there is NO WAY you are 25-30% bodyfat at the moment.... NEVER EVER...
  • mr_mitch
    mr_mitch Posts: 176 Member
    Options

No mate. You're not 25 - 30%.

Take a look at this:

body-fat-percentage-men-1.jpg

You're nowhere near the 25 or 30 guy. You must be able to see that?

Which one do you think best matches you?

Can I ask you a question mate? ..... What would you say to me if it was the other way around... You've seen my photo, I'm now just slightly over 11st... What if I said I think I am fat and needed to lose 2st, and get down to 9st......... (comparable to your 10st goal taking account for height difference).

If I was saying that, and you wanted to give me advice, what would you say?
  • Thomaslol
    Options

No mate. You're not 25 - 30%.

Take a look at this:

body-fat-percentage-men-1.jpg

You're nowhere near the 25 or 30 guy. You must be able to see that?

Which one do you think best matches you?

Can I ask you a question mate? ..... What would you say to me if it was the other way around... You've seen my photo, I'm now just slightly over 11st... What if I said I think I am fat and needed to lose 2st, and get down to 9st......... (comparable to your 10st goal taking account for height difference).

If I was saying that, and you wanted to give me advice, what would you say?

I'd say looking at those pictures that I'm about 20%, but it's hard to tell with those images.

2 stone would be way too much for you to lose.
  • mr_mitch
    Options

I'd say looking at those pictures that I'm about 20%, but it's hard to tell with those images.

Yeah its kinda hard to tell, you're right. But like the other person said, you're more like 15%.

Yep... 2 stone would be way too much for me to lose... Its also way too much for you to lose!

Are you still planning to lose 2 stone?
  • Thomaslol
    Options

Yeah its kinda hard to tell, you're right. But like the other person said, you're more like 15%.

Yep... 2 stone would be way too much for me to lose... Its also way too much for you to lose!

Are you still planning to lose 2 stone?

I don't know. I'm just confused. Maybe when I put some muscle on I will view my body differently. It's all just flabby and stuff at the minute.
  • mr_mitch
    Options
    I don't know. I'm just confused. Maybe when I put some muscle on I will view my body differently. It's all just flabby and stuff at the minute.

It isn't flabby! You just think it is. But it isn't. Honestly..