Helpless and Hopeless.

Options
13»

Replies

• ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Start with small changes- they feel less overwhelming at the time. I weigh and measure all of my food because my eyes always wants more than my stomach needs. you can do this =)

small changes!! I hired a PT in January and of course he wanted me to go 100% and cut out this and that. I looked at him and smiled. baby steps for this gal. Let me tell you, it has worked. It took a while to get into the routine, and to figure out what foods are more filling than others with low calories and high protein (or whatever goals you have in mind). I always had mess ups, always, lol. Not anymore though. Once you start seeing results its hard to give up all that sucess. I would say it took about 2 months for me to get my act together and be fully committed.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Here is good motivation series to listen to regarding compliance.

It's from the perspective of the smart trainer motivating the customer, but it still applies, you can still get something valuable out of it - if willing to.

Nobody can give you desire and willingness.

http://www.exrx.net/People/Berardi/Compliance1.html
  • dsm1991
    dsm1991 Posts: 156
    Options
    Get a diary and write down ur goals. Make small changes, make adjustments along the way and if you mess up its okay. Learn to forgive urself. Good luck
  • dcnemesis
    dcnemesis Posts: 31
    Options
    I feel very similar to you. Commit again - don't give up. When you see results, it will help you continue. I started so many times and I never got results in the first month to be honest I don't know why but being female our bodies are resistant to change!
    Our hormones are like....stay fat woman!!! So remember that and keep pushing it :)

Did you know they pump pigs with estrogen to make them fatter and have more meat to sell ? We are full of estrogen so it isn't even fair. Just think about how much you want it. And think if I can eat healthy and withstand the stress and pressure of not giving in for hours...you will lose the weight you wanted to lose for years!!!!

P.S.- Is it diet soda we are talking about? If not switch to and boom pounds will comeoff. I'm assuming it is diet, if so, I am also addicted and I have been pretty much obese and underweight and I drank the same amount of diet soda either way! So diet soda is likely not the enemy.

edit: just read your reply on the first page I missed that before and I wanted to say I come from a family of overweights and I grew up eating fastfood 6xweek...you can do this!!!! :D