cardio acceleration

Options

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Just curious: does quarelling over fitness make you a more fit person?

No. It reveals your personal dogmas...

Internet fight!

32124.gif
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options

The OP was just a question. Did it say anything about being in better shape then anyone. Nope but one of the answer came back as people wanting minimal effort for good results which I interpret as quick fix and being lazy.

I won't disagree with this. I can see you interpreting people accusing you of doing the "simple quick fixes".

Yes, what you are doing has its place. If you are very cramped for time, you can get good results from short, high intensity workouts. That's not a bad thing.

But judging other people's fitness level from their pictures and saying that they can't do thing at "your level". Dude, show some class. You're looking very immature.

and to be clear the profile pic he judged is mine.... on the left I was 375 pounds on the right was last week at 215.

Judge me.

no judgments here... looking good man
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options

The OP was just a question. Did it say anything about being in better shape then anyone. Nope but one of the answer came back as people wanting minimal effort for good results which I interpret as quick fix and being lazy.

I won't disagree with this. I can see you interpreting people accusing you of doing the "simple quick fixes".

Yes, what you are doing has its place. If you are very cramped for time, you can get good results from short, high intensity workouts. That's not a bad thing.

But judging other people's fitness level from their pictures and saying that they can't do thing at "your level". Dude, show some class. You're looking very immature.

and to be clear the profile pic he judged is mine.... on the left I was 375 pounds on the right was last week at 215.

Judge me.

Apparently, he also judged my profile pic. I'm in the best shape of my life. Judge me.

And it was me saying that people always want maximum results with minimum effort. That's a MFP trend. Also, the people doing that kind of thing in my gym aren't the most serious about their training. I made a comment with what I previously noticed around me.

I also don't think that doing anything a maximum effort for a short burst of time is very smart on the long run. No wonders people are saying they are injuries prone doing things like HIIT.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

Judge me.

I judge you to be full of win.
  • _Resolve_
    _Resolve_ Posts: 735 Member
    Options

Judge me.

Apparently, he also judged my profile pic. I'm in the best shape of my life. Judge me.

And it was me saying that people always want maximum results with minimum effort. That's a MFP trend. Also, the people doing that kind of thing in my gym aren't the most serious about their training. I made a comment with what I previously noticed around me.

I also don't think that doing anything a maximum effort for a short burst of time is very smart on the long run. No wonders people are saying they are injuries prone doing things like HIIT.

..and one of your photos is a marathon medal... but your fitness level must not be on his level. :laugh:
  • LotusAsh
    Options

Judge me.

I can't run at your level, I've only done a half marathon but I am judging you..... of being bad *kitten*
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    People... Always trying to get the maximum results with the minium effort.

Do you know what cardio acceleration is because I know 100% you could not do it to my intensity. MINIMUM EFFORT. Why workout for two hours when you can workout for a hour at higher intensity which raises metabolism more?

You must have some unusual talent if you know 100% I could not do it.

You should trademark this: Judging people fitness level by an internet forum thread answer!

I did not use the forums just so you know. Also as for seeing if you could workout at my intensity level. I do not know if you jump rope but if you do can you jump rope at 60 revolutions in 20 seconds?
    jump puppy JUMP

200.gif
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I read a fascinating article about HIIT when it was first being introduced, long before it was brought in as a mainstream form of exercise. Do you know what it was origionally created for? It was for intermediate/competitive athletes to make large improvements over their already extremely high levels of performance. The article stressed multiple times that IT IS NOT FOR BEGINNERS or anyone who are not at a competitive level of fitness. The athletes who introduced it into their regimine made massive gains in performance. however, it is extremely taxing on the body and a high risk form of exercise.

Now, it's "Go HIIT or Go Home!" Then people are getting injured. Shocker.
  • LotusAsh
    Options
    I think op finally left the discussion after he was proven to be a douche
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I do not know if you jump rope but if you do can you jump rope at 60 revolutions in 20 seconds?

Haven't been on the forums in a few months but I read this same exact sentence months ago. Go dude go.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

Actually it called having some work to do.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Actually it called having some work to do.

LMAO!

Did some jump rope ?
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    OP not a douche but he takes pride in his workouts and if you are going to talk about how there crap in anyway you have started a debate.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    OP not a douche but he takes pride in his workouts and if you are going to talk about how there crap in anyway you have started a debate.

Now he talks in third person.

Loving it.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Pardon my ignorance, but what IS cardio acceleration?

OP, not a great idea to start slamming people if you want helpful feedback. Just a thought.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Cardio acceleration is doing a form of cardio during the rest time in weight training.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options

well some would have basically the same argument, only on the opposite side of the coin, for running marathons
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Eating correctly nothing get compromise.

i'm just saying i think i'd get a better weight workout if i focused on that, and the same for the cardio.
  • LotusAsh
    Options

no one said anything about them being crap, calm the **** down
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    debate=/= angry.