How to cut water weight, day before weigh in?

Options

Replies

• runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Here's an idea...accept defeat. You either lost enough or you didn't. You're not a wrestler or anyone who needs to make a certain weight to compete. You're trying to win a challenge for work that rewards people for their weight loss. Not sure how what you are asking makes sense, ethically or morally, in your head. But that's on you.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I read about a comedian (can't remember who) who said if she wanted to lose weight in a hurry she'd cut off her hair and trim her nails.
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Fluid pills can work to extent (temporarily), but not for pounds of fluid. Also, what can work on a temporary basis is water with lots of fresh lemon and extra strength mucinex. I won a fitness contest before for most weight lost, and I took mucinex before the final weigh-in because I have a bad case of edema in my ankles and feet. However, I didn't feel guilty because they didn't just rely on the scale, but also relied on a handheld machine that measured body fat percentage.
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    Options
    Drink more water!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    drink water, very low sodium, sweat it out and bananas. STAY AWAY FROM BREADS. breads causes inflammation.
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Green tea - a diuretic. Proven. Also drink enough water (contrary to myth that drinking water adds water weight, because that's a load of). Low sodium and stay clear of starchy foods like bread.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    There are foods and drinks that are natural diuretics. Eat a lot of asparagus and/or celery and drink some green tea.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    magnesium citrate. Sailors do it all the time to make weight. It's liquid in a glass bottle and you can find it at drug stores. Follow the instructions and don't stray far from a toilet. It's not pretty but it does get rid of a lot of.... "stuff"
  • boxingfun75
    Options
    THIS! So well said!

Are you kidding me? The OP cannot be serious. It makes no sense to me that you would want to cheat other people out of winning who didn't think to to CHEAT like you are. Not cool!
    Here's an idea...accept defeat. You either lost enough or you didn't. You're not a wrestler or anyone who needs to make a certain weight to compete. You're trying to win a challenge for work that rewards people for their weight loss. Not sure how what you are asking makes sense, ethically or morally, in your head. But that's on you.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    OP after you win and everyone asks you what you did are you going to tell them the day before you did some extreme thing in order to lose 3 pounds of water weight or are you going to tactfully omit that part?

If you feel the need to lie (even white lie) about it then you are doing it wrong imo.

Totally agree with this!! While people are on here helping you to cheat. I hope that you feel great that you are taking the easy way out to win something that someone who probably worked their butt off deserves.

Don't be a poor sport or a sore loser. Take it for what it is. You did not try hard enough and if you lose you lose. If you win you win. Suck it up. IMO
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I would skip the trash bag cardio and skip all exercise today. If you want to sweat more fluid out go outside or to a sauna.

I don't think it's cheating. I imagine everyone in the contest is doing the same. At least everyone I know who does them does it.

You could try the Haribo Sugarfree Gummy Bear cleanse? LOL
  • madhatter2013
    madhatter2013 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    And the topic for tomorrow will be "My co-worker, who is also on MFP and read this thread, found out how I dropped the last 3 lbs overnight and narked on me for cheating. I still lost".

:sad:
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Don't do any of those things.

Drink plenty of water and your body won't hold onto as much. Weigh yourself weekly and look for trends, stop worrying about water weight.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Is it cheating that some of us know how to rid body of water? Now pills that cheating. Natural ways not so much. I guarantee someone in her competition sat in a sauna everyday.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I don't do anything. It all balances out in the end. If you're really worried, skip exerising the ay before. That helps you eliminate water that hour holding from the exertion.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Are you actually going to win with only 10 lbs lost anyway? Chances are someone else beat your weight loss by A LOT. Don't bother worrying about it. If you'd lost 30 then maybe you'd have a chance. And remember no one respects a cheater. Go ahead with drinking water and such but if you start taking pills, you may as well be an athlete on steroids.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Are you actually going to win with only 10 lbs lost anyway? Chances are someone else beat your weight loss by A LOT. Don't bother worrying about it. If you'd lost 30 then maybe you'd have a chance. And remember no one respects a cheater. Go ahead with drinking water and such but if you start taking pills, you may as well be an athlete on steroids.

maybe its percentage?
  • laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Don't do a laxative!!

I tried that the day before my weigh in and it made me so bloated that it showed I gained weight!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options

maybe its percentage?

Perhaps. But if 10 lbs is a high percentage (as would be typical for a weight loss competition) then she probably isn't retaining much water at this point anyway since she would have been eating healthily for a while. Meaning she's unlikely to cut off 3 pounds with out very drastic measures.

Maybe she can weigh in naked.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/cagewriter/ronda-rousey-cut-17-pounds-one-day-prove-214523472--mma.html

like i said , very dedicaited.

she dropped near 18 in one night, still had the will to beat the opposing coach in a physical challenge