How to cut water weight, day before weigh in?

Options

Replies

• nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I read about a comedian (can't remember who) who said if she wanted to lose weight in a hurry she'd cut off her hair and trim her nails.

Shave the pubes, too. Just in case.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Have you been in a sauna before? I used to sprinkle water in the dry sauna to make it steam more. hit some push ups jumping jacks. If I could fit my jump rope in there I wonder if I could at my intensity level.

Also in the article yes she did it which is a very well accomplishment. She is also in incredible shape that she did not have to prep herself to last hours on hours in the sauna. I think the longest I ever last in one was around a hour but afterwards my muscles where cramping from dehydration. Im not some novice fitness person either. I got some year of lifting weights and cardio on my belt.

OP do not go into a sauna for hours and hours. You will hurt yourself.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    Have you been in a sauna before? I used to sprinkle water in the dry sauna to make it steam more. hit some push ups jumping jacks. If I could fit my jump rope in there I wonder if I could at my intensity level.

what are you cutting weight for?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1318655-becoming-a-better-person

That is some of it. I used to not do this for me. Now I like I don't want heart problems when I get older my family history sucks for heart problems.
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    One of my ex-husbands won an office weight-loss challenge with the help of trash bag cardio, an old trick from his wrestling days. Best of all, he was dressed appropriately! :wink:
  • aglopez1102
    aglopez1102 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    some of you guys are pretty hilarious . all I want to know is how to lose water weight , I don't need the lectures about cheating on the challenge but since you guys are putting so much thought into that part , let me inform you the competition is between by boss and I . I started at 144 and I weigh 136 . she started at 163 and has to be 150 by tomorrow to win . winner gets 380 dollars . since the beginning I have been eating healthy at 1250 ish calories and working out. My competitor started the lemon maple syrup cleanse to win since we NEVER said we couldn't cheat . she gave up midway so now I'm competing with myself . if I don't meet my exact goal then neither of us wins ... This is why I am trying to cheat a little . 
    Anyways .... I am proud of my weight loss because it was hard for me to lose what I have so far so I don't feel ashamed of cheating for the last three pounds just for tomorrow, then after that , going back yo my regular healthy schedule
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Some of you guys are pretty hilarious . all I want to know is how to lose water weight , I don't need the lectures about cheating on the challenge but since you guys are putting so much thought into that part , let me inform you the competition is between by boss and I . I started at 144 and I weigh 136 . she started at 163 and has to be 150 by tomorrow to win . winner gets 380 dollars . since the beginning I have been eating healthy at 1250 ish calories and working out. My competitor started the lemon maple syrup cleanse to win since we NEVER said we couldn't cheat . she gave up midway so now I'm competing with myself . if I don't meet my exact goal then neither of us wins ... This is why I am trying to cheat a little .
    Anyways .... I am proud of my weight loss because it was hard for me to lose what I have so far so I don't feel ashamed of cheating for the last three pounds just for tomorrow, then after that , going back yo my regular healthy schedule

What? Where did you come from?? :huh:
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    lol whats going on here
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    some of you guys are pretty hilarious . all I want to know is how to lose water weight , I don't need the lectures about cheating on the challenge but since you guys are putting so much thought into that part , let me inform you the competition is between by boss and I . I started at 144 and I weigh 136 . she started at 163 and has to be 150 by tomorrow to win . winner gets 380 dollars . since the beginning I have been eating healthy at 1250 ish calories and working out. My competitor started the lemon maple syrup cleanse to win since we NEVER said we couldn't cheat . she gave up midway so now I'm competing with myself . if I don't meet my exact goal then neither of us wins ... This is why I am trying to cheat a little . 

is it me? or did this just appear under a different poster?
  • sfbaumgarten
    Options
    lol whats going on here

Identity theft. Only reasonable explanation.
  • sfbaumgarten
    Options
    Whoops responded under the wrong fitnesspal account

Reported for multiple accounts...
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

oh, ok... why two accounts?
  • aglopez1102
    Options
    i tried responding using my phone which stays logged in under my BF's account . so that was suppose to be me responding not CRo84 . lol
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

there was a long message posted by the OP that disappeared.

It looked like she reported virtually every post in the thread for some reason
  • aglopez1102
    Options

i don't want to be rude but don't you have something better to do ? Like i said , my phone had my bf logged on not me.
    I started this thread to ask for tips not for you to go on a trolling ride so if you could stop responding with unnesesary comments , that would appreciated. thanks
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

i don't want to be rude but don't you have something better to do ? Like i said , my phone had my bf logged on not me.
    I started this thread to ask for tips not for you to go on a trolling ride so if you could stop responding with unnesesary comments , that would appreciated. thanks

what was with the long post you made, that appeared to be a copy of many other posts in this thread, with something saying 'post reported' before each post... that was quickly ninja edited lol
  • aglopez1102
    Options
    no... when i tried responding i copied everyone's responce accidentally. that is why that long message showed up . when i caught it , i deleted it,. or edited it, i should say.
  • MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Uh none of that sounds at all healthy, I can't vouch for it's effectiveness.

The best thing I've found for shedding water weight is 1) Drink a LOT of water and 2) eat very low sodium. When I do this it usually flushes enough out of my system that I can see a 2 lb drop overnight.

This person is totally right. Me personally, I would cheat and take a small amount of liquid magnesium/saline laxative. That will temporarily reduce water weight.... make sure after the weigh in you rehydrate. Probably not sound medical advice but its a good way to cheat the scale if it's some sort of competition.

Oh jeez.... You again? Now you're telling people to take laxatives to lose weight?? :noway:

Besides that the weightloss is temporary who the heck wants that? I want to lost weight permanently not lose it for a weigh in and then gain it right back...doesn't make sense.
  • thavoice
    thavoice Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    If you are not cheating you are not trying!!!

Shoulda drank alot more water and had a big meal before the weigh in!

Seriously though, just fast for 24 hours. It isnt that difficult, and if coffee or whatever makes you go to the bathroom have a little of that to help clean you out.

Goodluck!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I mean my honest advice is going to be similar to my scolding advice.

You shouldn't do things that negatively affect your health for the sake of money. Do I honestly need to say that out loud.