Five guys....ffffffffff

Options

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Their burgers are good but OMG the fries...........so yum!

I get a kid's burger if I go and try to not eat the whole bag of fries. I also go on days when I have had a good workout to ease a bit of guilt, hehe!!!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I have tried three guys before...but never five.

Wait......

:wink:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I have tried three guys before...but never five.

Wait......

I wonder how many calories that would burn ;)
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    It's a toss up for me between Five Guys and Fuddrucker's. We have both in my town. I don't eat at either place on any kind of regular basis. It's a treat that I work into my calories. I just decide where I'm willing to sacrifice in order to fit it into my budget. Cost is another factor that keeps me from eating there more frequently. I just think of calories eaten and money spent before I go out to eat, and decide if the sacrifices to stay on track will be worth it. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Exactly!!
  • EverSinging
    EverSinging Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Those five guys are such evil *kitten*. Have you seen this? I think it pretty much sums up the deliciousness that is Five Guys (autotuned by the Gregory Bros):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcJFdCmN98s

I cope by not going much, getting the smallest sizes, and exercise, combined with guilt and the inevitable nausea and regret that typically accompanies such an indulgence. But oh....it's glorious in the moment.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Five guys... meh. They are just average to me. Now Smashburger.... that I can get behind.

ETA: I miss In N Out.
  • bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I never have had 5G burger even though it's in my city. It's just something I don't want to waste calories on when there are so many better choices of resturants and food. I will put it on my food bucket list though :)
  • DylanDiablo
    Options
    Go with the little burgers and no fries!
  • cryptonyt
    cryptonyt Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I live in Canada, and before I started tracking my calories, I wet to Five Guys at least once a week. I almost died when I first looked to see how many calories were in my meal. The fries alone are deadly. Needless to say, I stopped going to Five Guys. Actually, I stopped going to most restaurants altogether.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    5 guys is great, just remember there is a smaller sized burger you can get. Going to sound stupid but I didn't realize there was lol. Also skip the fries, not worth it in my book.

Honestly though, if it's a nice day I like cooking up burgers using ground beef from costco. Better quality, easier to control the calorie/portions, my wife is great at seasoning and makes for a great cookout.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I've tried their food once and it was way too greasy for my stomach to handle. Never eaten there again, but it seems like everyone else LOVES it. Guess I'm lucky that the temptation just isn't there.

This^

Not all that impressed.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We don't cope... we're mostly overweight.

^This - It is hard to avoid, because fast food is everywhere and our busy lifestyles often make it seem like the only choice. It takes a great deal of planning and preparing ahead to make sure you can feed your family-on-the-go a good healthy meal. It only takes a couple of minutes to run through a fast food drive-thru.
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    We only eat at 5 guys very rarely because they're all an hour away one way but it's worth it as a treat.
  • asdelmonte
    asdelmonte Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've actually never been to Five Guys. I prefer to eat at home or a at a nice restaurant.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Five guys... meh. They are just average to me. Now Smashburger.... that I can get behind.
    Same.
  • kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it! I take it it's named because it makes you the size of five guys?
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Honestly I was never impressed by them. Yeah their burgers are good, and you can order it almost any way you want for no extra charge. My problem is their price. For that much money you could get better food in more quantities. And the biggest thing is I hate their fries. Well, that style of fries as a whole. So maybe that's not their fault. Oh well. To each their own :happy:
  • biggsterjackster
    biggsterjackster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I really think, this is the best burger place in the U.S. but just because it tastes good, does not mean, I am forced to eat there a lot.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    We have a much cheaper and way tastier (and even slightly healthier) chain called Cook Out. It blows Five Guys out of the water. Plus you can get 4 different sizes in burgers, and the fries are reasonable portions, not the giant bucket you get from Five Guys. And they have excellent grilled chicken as well.
  • LFA50
    LFA50 Posts: 58
    Options

I miss In N Out.

that's what she said