Five guys....ffffffffff

Options

Replies

• LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Because we go to the much better In n Out instead

in-n-out_animal_style.jpg

O.M.G. LOVE In and Out Burger. So sad that I live in the East and have to wait til I travel to the West to indulge. It's probably a good thing I don't have an In and Out close to me. Hamburger Heaven!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    that loves both In-n-Out and Five Guys,

a little of the old in-out, in-out
    30405805_.jpg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • monolith66
    monolith66 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Five guys.... more like Fat guys.. They should rename themselves. Their burgers are tasty I've had several since they've existed but then I checked the macros on it recently and.... yikes.. Safe to say, if I need fat.. I know where to go.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    yeah Val you win the internet for pulling that one out- I haven't seen/thought about that movie in a LONG LONG time.

Might have a beer and watch it tonight!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    How come I've never heard of Five Guys till today?

Now In-n-Out I know and love. I used to work there many years ago. Great burgers!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    We've had a Five Guys for a while, I've never eaten there.

My brother-in-laws are like "WHAAAAAA???!!! It's really good!"

I just forget it's even there. There are so many other restaurants around me. :tongue:

Maybe some day

Me, too. There's a place near us called Scotty P's that makes great burgers, though my personal favorite is the fried chicken sandwich. Perfect fry, HUGE chicken breast. Tastes AWESOME.

I'll probably never try Five Guys. A fast food joint couldn't possibly be better than Scotty P's.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I cope by not going there. I was supremely unimpressed with their burgers and fries. They weren't bad, I just could not see what the fuss was about. Meh. I'd choose In'N'Out or Whataburger over FG any day of the week.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Ones just opened up in my local shopping centre too. I might give it a try at some point. *might* lol.
  • criticaltodd
    Options
    Speaking as someone that loves both In-n-Out and Five Guys, I don't think they're really competitors. Yeah they both make burgers but In-n-Out is more fast food oriented, with prices that are competitive with McDonald's, Wendy's, et al. Five Guys is a mid-tier burger competing with Smashburger, Shake Shack, maybe Red Robin. By the way I haven't seen Shake Shack mentioned yet and they win this category by a mile. I'm fortunate to live in a city where mid-tier burgers are all the rage, even upper tier restaurants are offering fantastic burgers.

Shake Shack is the best of the bunch. I wouldn't put Five Guys in the same category.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    in-n-out-burger.jpg

In n Out
    om nom nom nom
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    We have a much cheaper and way tastier (and even slightly healthier) chain called Cook Out. It blows Five Guys out of the water. Plus you can get 4 different sizes in burgers, and the fries are reasonable portions, not the giant bucket you get from Five Guys. And they have excellent grilled chicken as well.

Cook Out is cheaper...but the food is tiny. It takes three of their meals to equal one little cheeseburger and small fries from Five Guys. Five Guys is da bomb.

Seriously? You think Five Guys' burgers are bigger than a half a pound? Really?
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    5 guys burgers are meatier than the standard fast food offerings but otherwise aren't very distinctive. Got nothing against them... but nothing much for them either.

I think I like Whitecastle best.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I think Five Guys tastes like a very standard burger, like you would make for yourself at home in the frying pan. Cook Out, on the other hand, grinds their meat daily, and they grill it, so it tastes like it came from your backyard barbeque. It's half the price of Five Guys, fewer calories and is much tastier and about five times as fast. Plus, Cook Out has a nice selection of other options. This is why Cook Out is superior to Five Guys in every way.
  • Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hahaha! I've tried their food once and it was way too greasy for my stomach to handle. Never eaten there again, but it seems like everyone else LOVES it. Guess I'm lucky that the temptation just isn't there.

Me too! LOL
  • Nightcometh
    Nightcometh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How do we cope?

Some of us exercise self control. The same as some Brits.

When I lived in the UK, I saw an awful lot of obese people. Just like in the US.

I love Five Guys and it's great for an occasional treat.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I "cope" by ensuring that my overall calories (and macros within those) are consistent with my current goal of losing/gaining/maintaining my weight...

...just like everyone else does with their food.

And I really like Five Guys, but my favorite go-to burger of choice right now is Freddy's. It's like Steak 'n' Shake, but better. If I'm behind on my calories for the day, I'll have two double cheeseburgers (but no fries, because they seldom fit my macros/calories).
  • minimalistmom
    Options
    I am fortunate enough not to have a Five Guys near me! lol I have heard they are great....

How do I cope? I just do not eat out very often. I try to appreciate it as a treat, not a once a week or more thing. Also, I guess I am fortunate in not really caring for fast food....

I couldn't have said it better myself.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I just had Five Guys on Monday.

I cope about once a week.

I just make room in my macros. Do the same for In n Out, if and when that happens. Coping skills are necessary for life. Get some.
  • ebbingfat
    ebbingfat Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am thankful every day that the only fast food restaurant I have right near me is a Taco Bell. If it were just about anything else, I'd be lost. Especially if it were a Five Guys.
  • venus_blue
    venus_blue Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    We have one nearby and I have eaten there twice in the five years it's been open. It was greasy and delicious but I don't usually feel a craving for it, especially since they opened an outstanding burger joint called Square 1 where I can get bison, duck and salmon in burger form along with deliciousness like the Juicy Lucy and a burger topped with pulled pork.

That being said, I will admit this week I've been craving a burger full of greasy goodness and since my son loves Five Guys I already pre-logged a Little Burger and half an order of fries for Friday. (I usually pre-log everything except my veggies because I never know what I'll be in the mood for.)

That's how I manage pretty much any craving, I just make room for it and enjoy.