1200 cal/day girls! Let's share our diaries!

Options

Replies

• ariesflame
    ariesflame Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Add me.

I put more weight into the exercise part of my log, as that keeps me on track to keep going.

Calorie wise I will likely listen to my body first but I hover around the 1200 level, and I leave room for going out days/working lunches and some social drinking.

5'3 153lbs current routine is boot camp 4 times a week and bikram yoga 1-2 times a week.

I like my curves and hope I don't lose them, but I also want to increase my fitness level.
  • jaynerebecca1
    jaynerebecca1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, trying to do 1200 a day. If anyone wants to add me so I can follow yours would be great! I am always looking for new ideas for foods!! :) Oh and I am looking to lose just around 8 pounds and started being really serious in the last few weeks but am going to try to keep it up for, well, ever if possible!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Not to be a mood killer, but the reason you "can't control" your snacking is because 1200 calories isn't nearly enough for you. At your height and weight, you could eat 1460 calories per day and lose a pound a week - and that's if you don't exercise. If you do some exercise, you could bump that up to 1650 and still lose a pound a week. If you work out a lot, it would be even more.

Thank you for posting this! Even though the OP will most likely ignore it.

Needed to be said imo. Hopefully won't be ignored.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    IM 5'7.5 / 5.8" and im 207 lbs im trying to do 1000 calories. i was on a 800 calorie diet and i lost inches. i had to come off the diet because i was coming closer to exams and i needed food to keep me awake on my late night studies. now exams are over i gained 5 inches on my waist. its so depressing. so ive started my journey again. trying to do 1000 calories, exercise daily or at least 4 times. Feel free to add me :) my goal weight is 160

There is no reason to do this to yourself. Please reconsider your goals and keep your health in mind.
  • waix
    waix Posts: 6
    Options
    I eat about 1000-1500 a day.
    Add me!c:
  • ckilgore4
    ckilgore4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1250 & seldom go over. Feel free to add me
  • matlab99
    matlab99 Posts: 7
    Options
    My diary is open to public. I am doing 1240/day.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Not to be a mood killer, but the reason you "can't control" your snacking is because 1200 calories isn't nearly enough for you. At your height and weight, you could eat 1460 calories per day and lose a pound a week - and that's if you don't exercise. If you do some exercise, you could bump that up to 1650 and still lose a pound a week. If you work out a lot, it would be even more.

They will realize its not working when they lose a bunch and then go back to eating badly and it will all come back...
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options

They will realize its not working when they lose a bunch and then go back to eating badly and it will all come back...

You just described my life from the age of 16 to 24. Thankfully those days are over for this girl. :) It's nice to see the light...and eat more food, of course.
  • ishamodi95
    ishamodi95 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm doing around 1200 Cal a day too. How has your progress been? How many lbs have you been loosing every week?
  • WonkaCat
    WonkaCat Posts: 42
    Options

Go to

http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

and enter your height/weight/activity level.

Subtract 10-20% from the number it calculates for you, and that is the number of calories you should be eating a day in order to lose weight. With this method you do not eat back your exercise calories, as they are already figured into your daily goal.

Thank you for posting this. MFP has me on a 1200 but the iifym calculates me out to 1615 with subtracting 20%. Now I can modify my eating plan to add in more lean protein calories and not freak about it.

I'm new to MFP and joined a gym three weeks ago for the first time in my 44 years. I'm the dork that walks around the gym with my chart listing the machines, what they are and the amount of weight to use for each one. :) But hey, at least I am working on it! Feel free to add me.
  • weeble870
    weeble870 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm also on 1200 calories a day. Have tried it before with no luck but this time have actually looked into what foods I should be eating to keep me fuller for longer. Alas, this week is a success and I'm not hungry :) feel free to add me x
  • lfans
    lfans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whoever can add me! 1200 a day didn't leave me feeling the greatest so I'm at 1300. Currently 5'7" 124.. lost 15lbs over the past year (lowest recorded 117) and now i'm back up 7 so I just need to get that final 10 off!
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Ugh we're hosting a birthday party tonight so I won't have time to do my usual workout, and friends are coming over tonight for a birthday dinner - how on earth do people stay under 1200 calories without working out?!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Ugh we're hosting a birthday party tonight so I won't have time to do my usual workout, and friends are coming over tonight for a birthday dinner - how on earth do people stay under 1200 calories without working out?!
    Not eat.
  • tmorris54
    tmorris54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 60 4' 11" and my problem is at home; keep that refridgerator away from me. I have along way to go; some days are good and other OM. :drinker:

1895929.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Not eat.

Well why didn't I think of that.
  • pondev
    pondev Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Please add me most days I do ok but i work with cupcakes I find it hard not giving into temptation
  • dpodrazil
    dpodrazil Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be added!
  • detoxjusttoretox
    Options
    I usually come in around 1200 and my diary is open! feel free to add me anyone