1200 cal/day girls! Let's share our diaries!

Options

Replies

• shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    add me if youd like :)
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Add meeee ????
  • ASH2038602
    ASH2038602 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I allow myself up to 1500 calories a day, but usually stay closer to 1200. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, sometimes 3 snacks. I also struggle with snacking sometimes, but I just try to make the best choices. When my boyfriend is munching on a bag of potato chips, I make some kale chips or grab some carrots and hummus. I make sure I have plenty of produce around, and buy 100 calorie packs of almonds for guilt free snacking. I also never eat anything from the package (unless it is a pre-portioned package.) I always measure out the serving size.
  • lshabazz
    lshabazz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    thanks I still haven't figured it out yet but thanks :flowerforyou:
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I eat right around 1200 cals a day, have been for over 150 days. My diary is open it helps keep me accountable.
  • Targetx130
    Targetx130 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Another 1200 girl here. Just starting out. 5'3, CW:180, GW:130. Feel free to add me, my diary is open and it'd be nice to see what others are eating for new ideas....especially the snack area :wink:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    This thread gives me sadz....

That is all.
  • nicoleleigh48
    nicoleleigh48 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Please tell me how to do 1200 calories a day and not feel like I am starving!
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Can boys get in on this too?
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    This thread gives me sadz....

That is all.

Me too...

On a similar note, I also get sadz when I look at how many calories I could have been eating to lose weight vs how many I actually did eat to lose weight.

I wish I had taken the advice of long time members here and found my TDEE early on and adjusted intake from there.
  • irisheyes321
    irisheyes321 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi please feel free to add me but be warned I have the most unhealthy food diary not a vegetable or salad leaf to be seen :wink:
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Not to be a mood killer, but the reason you "can't control" your snacking is because 1200 calories isn't nearly enough for you. At your height and weight, you could eat 1460 calories per day and lose a pound a week - and that's if you don't exercise. If you do some exercise, you could bump that up to 1650 and still lose a pound a week. If you work out a lot, it would be even more.

THANK YOU!!! I was thinking the same thing!
    And OP BMI is in the normal range. She should eat more and start lifting.
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Well I was 1200. People on here talked me into going up. Had my first appt with a dietian at the health and wellness center and she told me I should aim for 1260-1300. So I am following her plan for me.

For some people apparently 1200 is exactly what your body needs. Idk. At 1260-1300 she still has me only getting a pound a week.
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am at 1280 and my diary is open.
  • htrombleyl
    htrombleyl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do eat more when I have exercised and can allow for it. I don' t intend to stay at this calorie intake forever and I am working with a nutritionist. I am hoping that as my fitness level increases that I will move my caloroe intake. I just neded a good start gained so much from medication in the last 7 months. Over ten pounds a month it was awful.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Another person here who tried 1200 and failed. Please don't fear high numbers when it comes to calories. I lost plenty of weight before stalling for 5 months and eventually giving up. I was also tired and miserable.

I net 1700 calories and have lost 20lbs. But with my exercise included I'm eating normally over 2000 calories a day.

My thing was this: If I can eat 1700 calories and lose weight, why would I eat 1200 calories. Just doesn't make sense to me!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    Another person here who tried 1200 and failed. Please don't fear high numbers when it comes to calories. I lost plenty of weight before stalling for 5 months and eventually giving up. I was also tired and miserable.

I net 1700 calories and have lost 20lbs. But with my exercise included I'm eating normally over 2000 calories a day.

My thing was this: If I can eat 1700 calories and lose weight, why would I eat 1200 calories. Just doesn't make sense to me!

Agreed - why would you?

However not everyone is you and not everyone can eat 1700 calories and lose weight.
    I certainly couldn't - I eat that now and I maintain my weight.

This thread is for those who do need to eat only 1200 calories or thereabouts.
    These would usually be older, shorter, not so active women.
    I cannot see your statistics but your photo doesn't look very old to me.
  • TabithaMichelle85
    TabithaMichelle85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I my goal is 1200 a day and with meal replacement shakes and healthy eating I normally stick pretty close to it... some days I eat 1300 or 1400 but I try to never go over 1500... Feel free to add me.. I'm always looking for new friends :)
  • Marinaclare
    Options
    have just added you. Would like to see what others are eating!
  • Arcaenah
    Arcaenah Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Feel free to add me, I'm up for giving and getting support :))) we can make it!

41160742.png