is it possible to get a girl friend even tho im fat ?

Options
123457»

Replies

• DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Man you can get a girlfriend even if over weight. A great looking one too. You need to have so confidence(swag) about yourself. They are just women. If she doesn't like you because of your weight then you just aren't her type. No big deal. I've done it in shape, fat, and in shape again. I will say it's easier in shape.
  • Zekou
    Zekou Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, of course it is possible, charm is much more important. If you look at the girl like she's the only girl in the world, and have a big nice smile, she will like you. Believe me I've dated chubby guys who were charming as phuck and I though they were the most handsome men on earth :D
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I would date guy who was overweight, provided he had the ability to construct a proper sentence. I'm picky like that.
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    That question is a bit more complicated than many are making it.
    First, your profile says you are 18. I'm thinking you might be a bit younger than that, but whatever. You are in HS. Kids in HS are a bit more shallow than they are when they are older and have matured a bit. Doesn't mean that overweight kids in school can't find a bf or gf, but that it is a bit harder. Especially if you are 100 pounds overweight. Personality is crucial to increase your chances.

Second, yes, you can find a girl who will go out with you, but every girl you like, won't necessarily like you. That may sound obvious to most people, but many people don't seem to grasp this concept. How many times have I heard a boy complaining that girls won't go out with him because he is fat, but he isn't willing to go out with girls that are 'beneath his standards'. No, the cheerleaders might not go out with you, but have you checked out the girls in chess club or band? Not saying they aren't as pretty as the cheerleaders, but come on, you gotta find your audience. And too many people, no matter their age, have higher standards for who they will consider dating, than they have for themselves being date-able.

So continue to make progress with your health efforts. Making good healthy habits at this age will help you so much in the long run.
    Be a nice, respectful guy, who is confident in himself, and when the time is right, the right girl will come along.

And please stay off the Pass, Bang, Marry, etc threads on here. That is not the personality trait you want to have if you want to impress a young lady. :wink:
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    yes... it's all about your self confidence.
    so get some of that ****. :wink:
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    "Is it possible to get a girl friend even tho im fat ?". Definitely. Stay positive. Maybe you could join groups through Meetup or do volunteer work.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I'm hopeful someone will look my way some day.

I look your way all the time! You just haven't caught me. :wink:
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm a fat guy and have a smokin girlfriend so YES you can
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    If she rejects you only because you're fat, do you really want her as a girlfriend? Either she's shallow and into only appearances, or she knows she's into things you don't enjoy like ultra marathons and she's looking for a running buddy, or she's exceptionally concerned with health and doesn't want anyone with health issues around -- in which case, even someone who is presently healthy should be wary.

Don't be a fat man hoping to find an "Einstein Barbie" either, unless you are very wealthy and exceptionally charming. When I was hunting for hubby online, I didn't discriminate based on physical traits. Anytime I saw a man say "...and no fatties" in an ad, I figured he was a jerk, not because I'm a fat woman but because anybody who would say such a thing is a jerk.

Hubby and I did find each other and, yes, we both struggle with weight, but that's not what brings us together. It's love and ethics and politics and shared understandings ... and he's mine. We knew it the day we met.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I agree with not being a **** or a Negative Norm. No girl wants to constantly hear how you feel fat/depressed/ugly. Focus on enjoying the positive aspects of yourself and make a plan of action for the things that you want to change.

great advice right there...
  • JoshTheGiant
    JoshTheGiant Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I got engaged to a beautiful woman when I was 300+ lbs. We met when I was in athlete shape-- but she stuck with me through my weight gain and is supportive through my weight loss. "I love you no matter what."
  • SweeDecadence92
    SweeDecadence92 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Like everyone else says, confidence is key and having a good attitude. People who are constant downers or insecure get black listed in my (and unassumingly many others) peoples book.So definitely learning how to be confident with yourself will do you wonders.

I really disagree with the people saying it's shallow to turn someone down for their look, however, Sexual attraction is an important part of a romantic relationship for a lot of people. It's a very real and reasonable reason not to enter an intimate relationship with someone.