Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Having an eating disorder in no way equals "the easy way."
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Do you really enjoy throwing up? I have reflux so I do it often. It really sucks. Do you enjoy being hungry? It makes me feel sick and weak and crazy. It drives me to shoving stuff I don't enjoy into my mouth and then feeling guilty and bloated. I guess it takes all kinds.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Besides the future effects she is risking (esophagus issues, teeth rotting, gum disease, etc) - take a good whiff of her breath. There is a woman at the gym who is *perfect* - her body could not be any better and I would LOVE To look like her. She is beautiful!

But you cant have a conversation with her - her breath smells like vomit from a foot away. I feel really sorry for her, to get to that point of looking so good but in a way that is jeapardizing her future and making her "unattractive" in such a weird counterproductive way.

Do it right. No regrets.

How are you sure she's bulimic? Breath can stink for any number of reasons?

I have heard of no medical condition (I am a medical assistant) in which a person's breath consistently smells of vomit for any other reason than they've been, ya know...vomiting.
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I think you need better role models in your life.
  • kittykat1994
    kittykat1994 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Your losing the correct way.

Your friend may have an ED disorder and forcing herself to throw up is incredible dangerous. Your friend needs professional help. You need to continue on with the hard work.

EDIT: My atrocious spelling.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Besides the future effects she is risking (esophagus issues, teeth rotting, gum disease, etc) - take a good whiff of her breath. There is a woman at the gym who is *perfect* - her body could not be any better and I would LOVE To look like her. She is beautiful!

But you cant have a conversation with her - her breath smells like vomit from a foot away. I feel really sorry for her, to get to that point of looking so good but in a way that is jeapardizing her future and making her "unattractive" in such a weird counterproductive way.

Do it right. No regrets.

How are you sure she's bulimic? Breath can stink for any number of reasons?

I have heard of no medical condition (I am a medical assistant) in which a person's breath consistently smells of vomit for any other reason than they've been, ya know...vomiting.

To be honest, I do not know for sure. But I have smelled keto breath, bad food breath, bad teeth breath, etc and a long time ago had a small bout with bulemia (forced as a conscious choice in a weight loss effort, and quickly abandoned... I was very young and stupid) - so its pretty easy to recognize that vomit smell.

From the few small chats I have had with her, her self image is worse than mine, and yet the outside sure does not match the inside. So regardless of whether that is truly the cause, I still feel pretty bad for her.
  • uglyclub
    uglyclub Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ...you want an eating disorder just because you can't wait to a few extra months to lose weight the healthy way?

And I can't believe you call having an eating disorder "the easy way" to lose weight... I...
  • nxiety
    nxiety Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    The "easy" way is usually dubbed the easy way because it's often the wrong way. Do it right.
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    The faster you lose the faster you'll tend to gain it all back. I learned the hard way sad to say .... The saying is true slow and steady wins the race!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Seriously, that's like saying "I've been eating healthy and exercising and my friend who has cancer has dropped weight like crazy and I feel like giving up and just getting cancer".

Your friend is sick. What she's doing is going to impact her health, her teeth, her whole life. Sure, she'll be skinny, but at what expense.

Why would you wish an illness on yourself?

This
  • nezbit88
    nezbit88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options