I've only had 800 cals but I'm so FULL :(

Options

Replies

• cakeribs
    cakeribs Posts: 22
    Options
    I have to struggle to get to 1200 calories these days, so I understand where you're coming from.
    I don't understand why people think everyone is lying just because everyone's bodies don't behave like theirs do.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I have to struggle to get to 1200 calories these days, so I understand where you're coming from.
    I don't understand why people think everyone is lying just because everyone's bodies don't behave like theirs do.
    Sorry but our bodies don't behave different outside of medical disorders. The lack of understanding from members here is how people get obese then want to diet and have a hard time eating 1200 calories. And usually it's because the person in question is restricting to much or just don't want to eat and claim they can't. Most of us got to the point where we were in a position to lose weight, so we know how to eat.

We are not snowflakes.

I'd also like to add incorrect logging to the least of reasons as well.
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options

1200 calories of things with low low low calories or 1200 calories of real food?

If I'm focused on my proteins, fats, carbs and eating delicious foods like peanut butter, cottage cheese, chicken, eggs, etc etc I can breeeeeze through 1200 calories.

1200 calories on ultra low calorie foods IS tough. Afterall, roughly 6.5lbs of raw carrots is about 1,200 calories. That would really blow to have to eat all of that, lol. I'd struggle, too.

1200 calories on substantial food is a cake walk (or complete crap food, take your pick) :laugh:
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    You know what, you two? The OP has gotten great advice. Just because someone says something you don't want to hear, or says it is a way that you don't like, does not mean they are a troll or even an *kitten*.

Yep, if you can have a sense of humor, an open mind and a love of gifs, you will learn a TON around here. There was plenty of very, very good advice in this thread.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Hm did you close your diary during this thread? Or maybe some of the responders are friends.

Anyway just to throw out info on how important it is to weigh. The medium-sized normal looking bananas that I buy at the store are about 167g WITHOUT the peel (I weigh it before I eat it then weigh the peel afterward) and that is 149cal. Since I can't see your diary it's impossible to theorize but based on the banana discussion I think you might just need a food scale for best accuracy. You're probably just full because it was more than 800 cal :)

A 167g medium banana? :blushing:

And this thread was locked. I saw it myself! This forum is making me think I'm crazy!

It was. I saw it too
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    So far I've only had 800 or so calories for the day and my belly is so full. I had fajita chicken and bell peppers with brown rice and Sriracha at 2 pm and I've stayed full since. Now dinner is coming and I'm not even hungry. There's a box of cookies here in front of me and I don't even want them. I feel totally satisfied, and I'm not TRYING to limit myself, I just don't feel like I can pack any more food into me before 7 pm. And no I haven't exercised today. Do I have to eat to meet 1200 even if I'm not hungry?? Ahhh! Please give me some advice!

You know your eating good quality food when your full after 800 calories!

To answer your question, ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Your body is a better indicator of hunger and satiety than a mathemtical equation that is basically a guestimate of how many calories your supposed to eat a day :)

Are you working out too? what kind of workout?

^ THIS * 1000

computer-facepalm.gif
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Sorry but our bodies don't behave different outside of medical disorders. The lack of understanding from members here is how people get obese then want to diet and have a hard time eating 1200 calories. And usually it's because the person in question is restricting to much or just don't want to eat and claim they can't. Most of us got to the point where we were in a position to lose weight, so we know how to eat.

We are not snowflakes.

I got fat by drinking over 1200 calories a day. I've never been a big eater/over eater/emotional eater. So yeah, I do have a hard time meeting my goals every day. I'm trying, really hard - it's getting better, but I'm still not at that magic 1200 yet.

Not everyone got fat by over eating - there are different ways to ingest calories.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Could I please borrow the appetite of one of you who struggles to eat 1200 calories? Please?
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    It's the Sriracha.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you eat tons of lettuce and fruit, you can take in a lot fewer calories and not be hungry all the time. Most days, I take in around 800 calories. I don't starve. :)
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    If you eat tons of lettuce and fruit, you can take in a lot fewer calories and not be hungry all the time. Most days, I take in around 800 calories. I don't starve. :)

Why exactly do you eat so few calories? I think 4 year-olds are supposed to eat more than that.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

:huh:

Most fruit is around 100 calories a serving, just to start (I'm thinking like apple, banana, orange, tomato, etc). That isn't a lot of fruit and certainly wouldn't keep me full. I'd need an awful lot of lettuce.

And private diary.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options

I agree...you are not starving. However...IMO...that type of diet is leaving you lacking in the nutrients that your body needs to perform at its best.

The most important nutrients in lettuce are vitamin A and potassium. Your body needs more than that to maintain health.

Fruits are sources of many essential nutrients including potassium, dietary fiber, vitamin C, and folate. You are still missing vital nutrients.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Correction...you aren't hungry. That does NOT mean you aren't deprived. Also fruit and vegetables are pretty much entirely sugar in terms of macros. So if most of your calories come from fruit and vegetables your diet is basically sugar. If you think somehow you are not deprived eating that little and having that little protein and fat then, well, you are wrong.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

We are not snowflakes.

I got fat by drinking over 1200 calories a day. I've never been a big eater/over eater/emotional eater. So yeah, I do have a hard time meeting my goals every day. I'm trying, really hard - it's getting better, but I'm still not at that magic 1200 yet.

Not everyone got fat by over eating - there are different ways to ingest calories.
    Obviously alcoholism is a different issue. However, with that said there is probably a good chance some minor adjustments with high calorie foods would make the process easier.

I don't drink alcohol. This was from 6 Dr. Peppers and 5-6 cups of super sweet coffee a day. How ridiculous was I?

A lot of people have suggested higher calorie foods like peanut butter, avocado, and cottage cheese - unfortunately I can't handle the texture of any of those. I'm absolutely open to more suggestions because I really want to lose in a healthy, sustainable way, and I'm actively trying to improve my intake. Some days I don't even exercise (even though I love to) because I don't want to fail that day (net way less than I'm supposed to). It feels like crap sometimes.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    So far I've only had 800 or so calories for the day and my belly is so full. I had fajita chicken and bell peppers with brown rice and Sriracha at 2 pm and I've stayed full since. Now dinner is coming and I'm not even hungry. There's a box of cookies here in front of me and I don't even want them. I feel totally satisfied, and I'm not TRYING to limit myself, I just don't feel like I can pack any more food into me before 7 pm. And no I haven't exercised today. Do I have to eat to meet 1200 even if I'm not hungry?? Ahhh! Please give me some advice!

Advice? Eat more and don't melodramatically drama-queen the forums for attention.