What would you do

Options

Replies

• VeronicaG2B
    VeronicaG2B Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bridezilla !! I would tell you to find someone else .. seriously... Telling your friends either they are too fat or too skinny to be a bridesmaid... You got big ones girl ! :noway:

IT'S HER DAY!!!

You only get to do this one time. Maybe two or three IF you're lucky!!!
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    h651D4DC3

ETA: I volunteer as tribute!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    This is a joke, right? :wink:
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    So far, I like the ultimatum idea. I would personally love it if someone gave me an ultimatum! That would solve all my problems. The only thing you have to remember is follow through, so have a back up in case they don't lose the weight. Wouldn't it be darling if you had some ponies wearing your wedding colours and carrying bouquets in their teeth to walk down the isle with you??? I think that would be darling!

Alternatively, just break up.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Have you told them about corset training yet?
  • 1Cor1510
    1Cor1510 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to deal with "people" and their unrealistic expectaions at my wedding so I got married in Jamaica. Just me and hubs. I don't even know and cannot pronounce the names of the pastor or our witnesses. It was one of the best decisions I ever made.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Bridezilla !! I would tell you to find someone else .. seriously... Telling your friends either they are too fat or too skinny to be a bridesmaid... You got big ones girl ! :noway:

^^ Op she's right about one thing...you do got big ones. That dress fits you very well. *nods* :flowerforyou:
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    SHAME on you!! Those women graciously agreed to stand beside you while you marry the man of your dreams! How DARE you say what size they should be! I hope somebody spills grape Koolaid on your dress while you walk down the aisle!!

This ^^^^^^^^
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just get the 8 some juice cleanses to help them purge off the extra weight and she should be fine, and one of those wraps that drop inches (those things work wonders for events like this). It could be your gift to her.

Offer something similar to the other one only fill the bottles with bulk drinks to get her to fill back out. Just watch out, because if it is too much protein she might start to look manly.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Shake weight and prancercize regime
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    this reminds me.... when does that "Boy Meets World" spinoff supposed to start about Cory and Topanga's kid? I would like to tune in once to see what the deal is.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Shake weight and prancercize regime

Do you even shake bro?
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    9az2ms.gif
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    this reminds me.... when does that "Boy Meets World" spinoff supposed to start about Cory and Topanga's kid? I would like to tune in once to see what the deal is.
    I saw an ad for it a week ago or so. It's going to be on The Disney Channel.
  • misstweedy
    misstweedy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Please please tell me you're joking!
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Well, aside from choosing new, correctly sized people to fit the dresses, I would suggest getting a very good photographer and working the he!! out of photoshop. I know this doesn't fix the visual of the moment - but after looking at the "fixed" photos for years, you will forget this betrayal.

Better yet - make sure there are only pictures of you for your album.
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I hope you're just trolling.

What would I do? I'd drop you, the bride, as a friend if you told me to lose weight.

These are your friends, not hired models. Shallow and superficial much? Yeah, you are. It doesn't matter what size they are or aren't, they are still your FRIENDS. You should love them and want them to be in your wedding for that reason, not because they were some perfect size.

And honestly, no one at your wedding is going to know what size their dresses are. And 99.9% of the people aren't going to remember or care what they are wearing. Their eyes will be on the bride and groom.
    This^ She must be trolling...no one actually treats their friends like this, do they?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I hope you're just trolling.

What would I do? I'd drop you, the bride, as a friend if you told me to lose weight.

These are your friends, not hired models. Shallow and superficial much? Yeah, you are. It doesn't matter what size they are or aren't, they are still your FRIENDS. You should love them and want them to be in your wedding for that reason, not because they were some perfect size.

And honestly, no one at your wedding is going to know what size their dresses are. And 99.9% of the people aren't going to remember or care what they are wearing. Their eyes will be on the bride and groom.
    This^ She must be trolling...no one actually treats their friends like this, do they?
    Yes, some people actually do.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I think it's clear you just need new friends.

There are plenty of size 6 women out there that you could sub in if they don't get their acts together.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I say cut them both and find new, pretty bridesmaids -- even if you have to hire them.

lol I love this.

Seriously OP...take a step back and look at your post. I really hope you're not serious.