What would you do

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I think you are insane for wanting the "perfect" wedding party. Just saying!
    I agree. The idea really is to look a lot better than the wedding party, so for my wedding, I'm only going to have my fattest, ugliest friends in the bridal party and I'm also picking out the most hideous and unflattering dresses.

I have to be sure I look like a supermodel next to them. I also will not allow anyone who is equally or more attractive than I am in any of the photos.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Lose more weight, then you'll look 'better' than them according to your demands.

You've got four months, haven't you? Hop to it. It's unreasonable to expect them to lose weight for you. This is your wedding and your responsibility.
  • NCDJ2013
    NCDJ2013 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I would ask my future husband for advice. Because he will notice how his bride looks, not how much skinnier or fatter the bridesmaids are! :smile:

Don't do this. He will realize how shallow you are and leave you for that skinny bridesmaid.
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    survivor1.gif

OP be like dude!
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    So my wedding is coming up. 4 months from now, I am SO super excited. I cannot wait for my big day. It's like....I've waited forever.

The main issue I'm having is my wedding party. Two of my friends who I love dearly. We went to a dress fitting.

-One girl has gained like 10lbs. Like she looks like a mess. How do I say this? After the fitting she wants to go get burgers and fries and beer. And all I can think is "REALLY? You now have to order a SIZE 8 instead of the 6 you promised me"
    She also won't get up at 5am anymore to join me on my two hour workouts.

-The other has lost like 10lbs. She looks great. Like a million times better than me. And really, it's not fair.

Don't they both realize I had a plan. We'd all be perfect size sixes except for me who will be smaller.
    All the sudden one is an 8, one is a 4....
    It's messing up everything.

SO what would you do?
    My fiance tells me to chill out an enjoy this process. But what does he know? Seriously. He has 4 dudes standing with him who all look like they have been on benders since Boy Meets World aired all those years ago.

Apparently you didn't conduct proper screening interviews. This one's on you and now you know for your next wedding.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I would ask my future husband for advice. Because he will notice how his bride looks, not how much skinnier or fatter the bridesmaids are! :smile:

Don't do this. He will realize how shallow you are and leave you for that skinny bridesmaid.

Not when he's 150lbs overweight.
    He's lucky to be getting me
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    a114.jpg
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options

Wow. He's lucky to be getting you? This marriage doesn't have a chance. He's the one that should cut and run.
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Wow. He's lucky to be getting you? This marriage doesn't have a chance. He's the one that should cut and run.

Agreed.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    survivor1.gif

OP be like dude!

Can't stop watching this!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    Sooo... the bridesmaids have to be a size 6? How about giving them ultimatums. Like, have alternates ready for the big day. Go ahead and order the size 6 dresses. If the chubbier one can't fit into it, use the size 6 alternate. I volunteer to be an alternate!!!

Yes 6. 6 is supposed to be the perfect size. So really, it's my wedding. It should be my perfect day.

I truly don't think I'm asking too much.

I knew, I just KNEW I should have made them sign a contract.

You are so out of date, honey. 6 was the perfect size in, like, the 80s. It's a ZERO now. A EUROPEAN zero.
  • likitisplit
    Options

Can't wait for the "how do I fix my husband" thread!
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Holy Bridezilla! I'm sorry but you are freaking out about stupid details that don't matter. Maybe you should just skip the wedding and elope?
  • kaseyr1505
    kaseyr1505 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Is this real life?
  • VeronicaG2B
    VeronicaG2B Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    OP - you are not being unreasonable. You should have things perfectly how you want them. Your friends should get with the program or get going.

They are easily replaced.

You've already got size 6 volunteers in this thread.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Is this 'the' real life?

Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    No escape from reality
    Open your eyes
    Look up to the skies and see
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
    Because I'm easy come, easy go
    A little high, little low
    Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Is this 'the' real life?

Is this just fantasy?
    Caught in a landslide
    No escape from reality
    Open your eyes
    Look up to the skies and see
    I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
    Because I'm easy come, easy go
    A little high, little low
    Anyway the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me, to me

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • PinkCupcakes84
    PinkCupcakes84 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    TreasureTroll235_zpsda3893eb.jpg
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    OP - you are not being unreasonable. You should have things perfectly how you want them. Your friends should get with the program or get going.

They are easily replaced.

You've already got size 6 volunteers in this thread.

Troll #2

I'm beginning to think this entire thread was a joke... lol
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    SHAME on you!! Those women graciously agreed to stand beside you while you marry the man of your dreams! How DARE you say what size they should be! I hope somebody spills grape Koolaid on your dress while you walk down the aisle!!

this made my day slightly better