Milk contains pus?!

Options
So after reading about cowsmilk containing pus molecules, particles or whatever you want to call it I truly find my self disgusted by milk now. I know that milk is pasteurized and everything but no thank you on my part. I tried drinking a glass last night and found myself pouring the rest of most of it down the drain. I have tried soy and almond....no rice yet. The taste of almond milk kinda turns me off but it's drinkable and soy is soy lol....I do find it a ill bit more enjoyable than almond though. Guess I would like to know y'all thoughts on cows milk and what you all prefer.

Replies

• feedmedonuts
    feedmedonuts Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Eggs are chicken periods. But damn they're tasty.
  • kmm0034
    kmm0034 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Not! WHITE BLOOD CELLS! Whatever will we do? Quick hide your children, hide your wife!
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    So that's why it's so delicious!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You're surprised that the secretion of another animal has...you know, bodily secretions in it?

Well. Okay.

Me I love milk. I prefer whole milk and I like at least one but preferably 2 to 3 glasses a day. Nomnommilk
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    You think there's none left in the meat you eat? Muscle tissue is well vascularized, it's bound to have at least a little bit left in there....
  • Ktanaqui
    Ktanaqui Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I personally love rice milk :) I was really scared to try it at first because I was so used to milk being thick. It certainly tastes like rice if you opt for the original. The vanilla was too sweet for me, so I drink original.

As far as dairy milk:
    I drank it for years and years and years. I still use it in my oatmeal... and aside from an upset stomach/headache every time I had more than a glass or two every few days, it never hurt me so I'm not worried about whatever else is in it.
  • detox_pixie
    detox_pixie Posts: 166
    Options
    “Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
    -Henry Kissinger
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    So, you're saying animal products contain animal products? Egads, I'm glad I know now. Actually, I come from the "Dairy State" and my family are dairy farmers, so I'm quite familiar with how it's made, and confident that my dairy sources are safe and nutritious.

Seriously, though, plenty of folks eat dairy products, some don't. My mom drinks almond milk (casein/milk protein allergy) and likes it well enough, but I think it's awful and enjoy my cheese and yogurt instead. Whatever YOU prefer is perfect for YOU.:flowerforyou:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Lies. Eggs are vile.
  • feedmedonuts
    Options

Lies. Eggs are vile.

Hmm. Ok. To you perhaps :) Vile to you is tasty to me! But I also like large chunks of putrid blue cheese so I wouldn't listen to me either..........
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Oh no! Not! WHITE BLOOD CELLS! Whatever will we do? Quick hide your children, hide your wife!

But my children were breastfed and so they ingested all the white blood cells and immune complexes in my milk................ did I poison them?? what should I doooooooooooooooooooooooo???
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Lies. Eggs are vile.

Hmm. Ok. To you perhaps :) Vile to you is tasty to me! But I also like large chunks of putrid blue cheese so I wouldn't listen to me either..........

Limburger or GTFO! :tongue:
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    “Who controls the food supply controls the people; who controls the energy can control whole continents; who controls money can control the world.”
    -Henry Kissinger

Wow, is this referring to population control? I'll have a glass of organic milk with ice - hold the pus please.
  • Voww
    Voww Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yep, pus count, disgusting isn't it? It's one of several things about dairy produce and production that finally made me decide to go dairy-free about three years ago after nine years as a milk and cheese consuming vegetarian. A family member works in the industry and admits most of the cows in his boss's dairy herd suffer regular bouts of mastitis through over-milking. And then there's the fate of all those small male calves, whether they're destroyed at just a few days old to be processed into pet food or used for veal. I know most have no problems with these facts but I personally will never eat dairy produce again.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    OP: if you're from Europe, the Masai people in Africa or any other population that's been doing dairy farming or herding for millenia, then chances are you'll be fine drinking milk. If you're from a population that was a hunter-gatherer population until recently, e.g. Native Australian, then chances are milk will make you ill. There are some exceptions to this, because of interbreeding, natural variation and because biology just likes to just mess with people's minds by nearly always having exceptions, but generally speaking, whether you can digest lactose or not depends on your ethnic origin. There may be other medical conditions that make drinking milk inadvisable. So if you can digest milk, it won't harm you. And the immune complexes in it are there to protect the baby cow from any illness that it's mother's immune to, at least until it's bigger (passive immunity doesn't last long but it does protect baby mammals from infection in their younger, most vulnerable years)
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Humans are the only species on earth that drinks the milk of another mammal. We are also the only species that continues to drink milk after being weaned off of mother's milk. Just sayin'.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Yep, pus count, disgusting isn't it? It's one of several things about dairy produce and production that finally made me decide to go dairy-free about three years ago after nine years as a milk and cheese consuming vegetarian. A family member works in the industry and admits most of the cows in his boss's dairy herd suffer regular bouts of mastitis through over-milking. And then there's the fate of all those small male calves, whether they're destroyed at just a few days old to be processed into pet food or used for veal. I know most have no problems with these facts but I personally will never eat dairy produce again.

Okay...that's not how it really works. Your family's boss is a terrible farmer, or doesn't know what he's doing, it sounds like to me.
  • feedmedonuts
    Options
    Humans are the only species on earth that drinks the milk of another mammal. We are also the only species that continues to drink milk after being weaned off of mother's milk. Just sayin'.

Why are we the only species to cook our food...?
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    could have gone my WHOLE life not knowing this….
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

Because we're the only species intelligent enough to domesticate our food sources?