8-1200 Cal/Day

Options
12346»

Replies

• BeAnInspirationToday
    Options
    Hi guys I am as well new to the app and I have been struggling with my weight so far all my life and I am so determined to get healthy my start weight was 247 I am 5'6 I am currently 234 about four weeks into my exercise routine which is gym 5 days a week doing cardio bike or treadmill for 60 mins and really watching what im eating i feel I am kinda stuck any ideas ?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I am as well new to the app and I have been struggling with my weight so far all my life and I am so determined to get healthy my start weight was 247 I am 5'6 I am currently 234 about four weeks into my exercise routine which is gym 5 days a week doing cardio bike or treadmill for 60 mins and really watching what im eating i feel I am kinda stuck any ideas ?
    Huh? 13lbs in a month is hardly stuck :indifferent:
  • BeAnInspirationToday
    Options
    Its just I am at that same loss for the past two times I stepped on the scale .. should I be loosing more or is that where I should be
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

Are you relying on MFP to give you your calorie burn? If so, You may be over estimating how much you actually burn.

Are you being honest and truthful about what you're eating? I know when I started, I was amazed at how little 100g of this or 1/4 cup of that was. If you aren't weighing/measuring you could be under estimating what you're eating.

Third, when you introduce exercise or change up your exercise routine, your body's fat cells will retain water in anticipation of being filled up with fat stores again. When this doesn't happen, they will depleat but it doesn't happen over night - or at least one night, but it can seem to happen right away. This is also known as the "whoosh" effect because it's almost like it all of a sudden drops.

There is also weight lifting or heavy lifting but keep in mind that weight/strength training will take longer to show - it will last longer though - but if you're looking for something instantly then this is not it. Cardio calories are only good for today and will allow you to eat more - this is generally the beginning step and can help condition your body.

Starvation mode is a myth though, in case any one suggests that to you.

Feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • BeAnInspirationToday
    Options
    I know mfp really does over do the burn I go by machine on calories burned ... im confused haha I am being honest with all my logs and my weekend cheats and the weight was coming off but I feel its stopped ...
  • DLKadlecek
    DLKadlecek Posts: 11
    Options
    This sounds like a prank to me. Someone wanting to have some fun. If you're afraid to step on a scale at 5'6" and wear a size 6 you standards are that of a Revenge of the Nerd style sorority.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Very skinny troll paid for by HGH company? Or, person in dire need of therapy for BDD (http://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/other-related-conditions/body-dysmorphic-disorder-bdd)? I cannot decide. :huh:

Whatever the case may be, clearly the MFP community does not encourage starvation or damaging drugs. Good job, all!

Per http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/human-growth-hormone-hgh , "Possible side effects of HGH use include:

* nerve, muscle, or joint pain
    * swelling due to fluid in the body's tissues (edema)
    * carpal tunnel syndrome
    * numbness and tingling of the skin
    * high cholesterol levels

HGH can also increase the risk of diabetes and contribute to the growth of cancerous tumors.

Furthermore, if you get the drug illicitly, you may not know what you are really getting. Because of the high cost, HGH drugs have been counterfeited. If you are not getting HGH from your doctor, you may be getting an unapproved product."
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Its just I am at that same loss for the past two times I stepped on the scale .. should I be loosing more or is that where I should be
    Ah okay. Overall your loss has been great so far - well above normal expectations. But, it fluctuates; using myself as an example, I lost nothing last week after 2 weeks of losing, but lost again this week.

Stick with what you're doing :)
  • BeAnInspirationToday
    Options
    Yahh ok good to know !! Thanks ????
  • DLKadlecek
    DLKadlecek Posts: 11
    Options
    I know mfp really does over do the burn I go by machine on calories burned ... im confused haha I am being honest with all my logs and my weekend cheats and the weight was coming off but I feel its stopped ...

Are you swiching up your work outs? Our bodies go into auto piolet after doing a few of the same things in a row. I work out 45-60 5 x a week switch between power walking/jogging, biking, and swimming--sometimes I hike too. Try switching it up this week and maybe up your speeds for some of your workouts too.
  • BeAnInspirationToday
    Options
    Ok will try this to ! Thanks !!
  • davidpoolman5
    Options
    any ideas on how to burn belly fat ? Got the arms and the pecs eateing right and doing cardio alot still cnat seem to burn it off
  • Froggymcconnell
    Froggymcconnell Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: