Does anyone else get weird messages from MFP users?

Options

Replies

• Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I like getting weird messages. It lets me know that I'm doing something right.
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    YES. There was a weird dude on here a while back, who sent serial messages to numerous women, myself included, pestering them about how much they could leg press. Like, demanding minute details of their leg press routine. Multiple times. It was really weird. And when I confronted him about it, "dude, seriously, what's you deal with the leg press?" he claimed/feigned his English wasn't so good and he was sosorryandI'llleaveyoualonenow. Then he'd message three months later and start all over with the leg pressing again. :huh:

OMG. Wow, that's really creepy. :indifferent:
  • KrazyDaizy
    KrazyDaizy Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I be like...
    IEsnL-1_zps2fa96f32.gif

or like...
    kristenwiigfanningself_zps4f2e3b2c.gif

Depending on the day.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I once got a PM because I quoted someone in the forums and said something along the lines "Supermodels are photoshopped heavily and you probably shouldn't aspire to something that isn't real"

The PM was pictures of the user in pretty scandalous poses with not much clothing and some with none...I wasn't even mad because #1 she was pretty hot and #2 she was not a dude...

Yeah. She was a dude.

I guess I'm bisexual then...
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've had the 'how tall are you', and also
    'You look good for a mother of two'
    Um, thanks I think.

I may have received the second one; except I'm a father, but yeah, very strange. Oh wait, it is on my profile page I have 2 kids, but still strange. . . .hehehehe.

Okay seriously, somebody may ask how tall you are based on a thread response about calories, or they are short and have a trampoline, or they may be vertically challenged and looking for similar folks. Come on, it's a journey. . . .birds of a feather. . .
  • IvanCasillas
    IvanCasillas Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I wish I did :/ It would spice things up a bit
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    So far the only weird thing I got was a friend request accompanied by a message telling me that I am doing all kinds of things wrong in managing my T2 diabetes (one thing I am supposedly doing wrong is listening to advice from my PCP who is a certified diabetes educator). Obviously I rejected that request.
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Not any really weird ones.

Once some vegan lady went up one side of me and down another for not being vegan. But that's about it. I think that profile link you posted looks familiar...I think she tried to start a random convo with me once, but I ignored her since she wasn't on my friends list and I had never seen her before.
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Nothing too weird...unfortunately.
  • runningforicecream
    Options
    YES. There was a weird dude on here a while back, who sent serial messages to numerous women, myself included, pestering them about how much they could leg press. Like, demanding minute details of their leg press routine. Multiple times. It was really weird. And when I confronted him about it, "dude, seriously, what's your deal with the leg press?" he claimed/feigned his English wasn't so good and he was sosorryandI'llleaveyoualonenow. Then he'd message three months later and start all over with the leg pressing again. :huh:

I got that guy, too. He's apparently French. Or so he claimed in order to excuse his 'bad english'. My reply: dude, you're creepy in all languages. I reported him multiple times and he has a few accounts, actually.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    all the time
    Sorry about those. :blushing:
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    not anymore :sad: :grumble:
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I don't get any PMs. I'm not sure if I should be pleased or upset.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I once got a PM because I quoted someone in the forums and said something along the lines "Supermodels are photoshopped heavily and you probably shouldn't aspire to something that isn't real"

The PM was pictures of the user in pretty scandalous poses with not much clothing and some with none...I wasn't even mad because #1 she was pretty hot and #2 she was not a dude...

Yeah. She was a dude.

I guess I'm bisexual then...

Sometimes when I'm bored I catfish you.

Sometimes when I'm bored...I let you...
  • gangsterfurious
    Options
    No, why do you think I have the profile picture that I do? My chubby hips keep the weirdos away.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    I never get weird msgs

or msgs at all really
  • chaemd
    chaemd Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Im too old and unattractive to get the pervs thankfully.
    If your profile picture is really you, YOU ARE NOT UNATTRACTIVE. It's actually weird that you really think that. Have you looked in a mirror lately? I hope that this doesn't count as a weird post, but if it does, I guess that I'm your first. :blushing:
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Yes! As of recently actually. Maybe I should stay away from the forums lol