Spiderman or Superman

Options
khara2012
khara2012 Posts: 1,051 Member
The other day at work, some of the guys were having a discussion about who was better...Spiderman or Superman, and why. I want to know what everyone else thinks. Who's better, Spiderman or Superman, and why?

Replies

• Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Spiderman for sure! Cause a wise cracking, snarky sense of humor beats out a square pants personality any day. (no offense to Superman fans.)
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    as superheroes they are both pretty lame. Avengers all the way.
  • romach79
    romach79 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I'll have to go with the son of Jor-El. He is a legitimate super hero - spidey got his powers from juicing. :wink:
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    *cracks knuckles*

Spider-Man. Hands down.

Spider-Man was a revolutionary character because he broke the mold. Before then all the heroes were adults with kid sidekicks. Peter Parker was a teenager. Even Stan Lee's editor thought he was crazy making a kid the main character. But that just made it easier for young readers to relate to the problems Peter Parker was going through. He didn't get the cute girl. He wasn't a billionaire playboy. He didn't even have a mother and father, plus his uncle dies because of his own actions. There was nothing like that in the world of comics. A character with real problems that people could relate to.

Superman? He's well regarded for being the first real superhero. Other than that I'm hard pressed to say much good about him. He's the embodiement of what's right and what's good, but every character was back then. He has every power, he never has to struggle at anything. His alter ego is ridiculous. They haven't been able to make a decent movie out of the character since Christopher Reeves and even those are questionable, (1 & 2 you can argue are good, 3 & 4 are a joke).

Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man, wins by virtue of being more interesting and relateable.

QFT...yup...all of this.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    *cracks knuckles*

Spider-Man. Hands down.

Spider-Man was a revolutionary character because he broke the mold. Before then all the heroes were adults with kid sidekicks. Peter Parker was a teenager. Even Stan Lee's editor thought he was crazy making a kid the main character. But that just made it easier for young readers to relate to the problems Peter Parker was going through. He didn't get the cute girl. He wasn't a billionaire playboy. He didn't even have a mother and father, plus his uncle dies because of his own actions. There was nothing like that in the world of comics. A character with real problems that people could relate to.

Superman? He's well regarded for being the first real superhero. Other than that I'm hard pressed to say much good about him. He's the embodiement of what's right and what's good, but every character was back then. He has every power, he never has to struggle at anything. His alter ego is ridiculous. They haven't been able to make a decent movie out of the character since Christopher Reeves and even those are questionable, (1 & 2 you can argue are good, 3 & 4 are a joke).

Peter Parker, the Amazing Spider-Man, wins by virtue of being more interesting and relateable.

Nerd
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    What Brett said

Spider-Man is one of the Avengers....
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options

They haven't been able to make a decent movie out of the character since Christopher Reeves and even those are questionable, (1 & 2 you can argue are good, 3 & 4 are a joke).

WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!? But Richard Pryor is in 3! Richard friggin' Pryor! And the half pennies! I think you're wrong, good sir. Dead wrong.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    What Brett said

Yeah, that made me twitchy for a second.
  • Escloflowne
    Options

They haven't been able to make a decent movie out of the character since Christopher Reeves and even those are questionable, (1 & 2 you can argue are good, 3 & 4 are a joke).

WHAT WHAT WHAT?!?!? But Richard Pryor is in 3! Richard friggin' Pryor! And the half pennies! I think you're wrong, good sir. Dead wrong.

I think those movies suck because it's really hard to enjoy a movie where the main character is practically invulnerable. I mean even Thor get's his *kitten* kicked in his movies and he can take a punch from the Hulk and the Cursed. In the new Superman movie, he took a beating but was completely unscathed, felt like a waste of beating on each other for 30 minutes!
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    What Brett said

One of the New Avengers plus he worked with the original Avengers, so by your own argument, Spiderman is the better choice. :bigsmile:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I hate when people bash people for others for their choice to be a "conformist".

Usually coming from the same people who would say "you are just close minded" when they themselves are being close minded.

One can like superman and not be lame. Few other superheroes are so awesome that their biggest obstacle is controlling their awesome either...
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options
    What Brett said

Movie Avengers. Sorry comic nerds lol. Spiderman is still lame.
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    I hate when people bash people for others for their choice to be a "conformist".

Usually coming from the same people who would say "you are just close minded" when they themselves are being close minded.

One can like superman and not be lame. Few other superheroes are so awesome that their biggest obstacle is controlling their awesome either...

I disagree with the bold part, you can't be cool and like Superman, it's just not possible...
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    What Brett said

ahhh you're one of those people....
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    What Brett said

the spiderman reboot has tainted that whole movie legacy...
  • LoneWolf_70
    Options
    What Brett said

ahhh you're one of those people....
    yes, I have a life lol JK