Spiderman or Superman

Options

Replies

• RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm not understanding the question. Who is better? Like, who would win in a fight? Which super hero's artistic style was better? Who's story was better? There are so many ways to approach this question it hurts the brain. Which one was made into a better movie? Who had the better emo strut?
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I hate when people bash people for others for their choice to be a "conformist".

Usually coming from the same people who would say "you are just close minded" when they themselves are being close minded.

One can like superman and not be lame. Few other superheroes are so awesome that their biggest obstacle is controlling their awesome either...

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't do much to help him be relateable, or add to any dramatic moments in a conflict. If the character's only concern is not beating up the bad guy TOO much...

It's kind of like a guy who's so rich he's not sure what to spend his money on. No one really roots for that guy or can relate in any way.

well, the new movie kinda screwed up my statement anyway, as superman killed probably in the 6 digits, but to keep the PG13 rating, they could show any of the collateral damage.

I'm anxious to see how the world doesn't HATE him to start the next movie. I would if I lived in that world...
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I'm not understanding the question. Who is better? Like, who would win in a fight? Which super hero's artistic style was better? Who's story was better? There are so many ways to approach this question it hurts the brain. Which one was made into a better movie? Who had the better emo strut?

Spider-Man 3 never happened...
  • _John_
    Options

Spider-Man 3 never happened...

still better made movies than the reboot.
  • Escloflowne
    Options
    I hate when people bash people for others for their choice to be a "conformist".

Usually coming from the same people who would say "you are just close minded" when they themselves are being close minded.

One can like superman and not be lame. Few other superheroes are so awesome that their biggest obstacle is controlling their awesome either...

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't do much to help him be relateable, or add to any dramatic moments in a conflict. If the character's only concern is not beating up the bad guy TOO much...

It's kind of like a guy who's so rich he's not sure what to spend his money on. No one really roots for that guy or can relate in any way.

well, the new movie kinda screwed up my statement anyway, as superman killed probably in the 6 digits, but to keep the PG13 rating, they could show any of the collateral damage.

I'm anxious to see how the world doesn't HATE him to start the next movie. I would if I lived in that world...

It's not his fault!!! He's pretty much Godzilla in the new movie lol

Also a super hero that can't kill is really lame, Marvel does that so much better, look at Captain America, he's a goody two shoes but seriously "expletive deleted" up some "expletive deleted" in the first 5 minutes of Winter Soldier
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options

the spiderman reboot has tainted that whole movie legacy...

I'll agree with you there. You see how much of a comic nerd I am and I couldn't even watch those.
    The only thing I like about the reboot is that they don't ignore the whole Gwen Stacy character. That was the one thing in the original set of movies that irked me to no end.
  • _John_
    Options

It's not his fault!!! He's pretty much Godzilla in the new movie lol

Also a super hero that can't kill is really lame, Marvel does that so much better, look at Captain America, he's a goody two shoes but seriously "expletive deleted" up some "expletive deleted" in the first 5 minutes of Winter Soldier

yeah, but he's so lame he can't even carry his own movie post Avengers awesome. We gotta have sidecharacters in tight leather and cool outfits to help him in his own movie.
  • Escloflowne
    Options

I'll agree with you there. You see how much of a comic nerd I am and I couldn't even watch those.
    The only thing I like about the reboot is that they don't ignore the whole Gwen Stacy character. That was the one thing in the original set of movies that irked me to no end.

I prefer the new ones, Parker and the story line is more accurate when compared to the comics and the web shooters(although I didn't mind them being part of his powers in the first movies) are cooler. Also the introduced Black cat...
  • RINat612
    RINat612 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Dude. Emma Stone. :huh:
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for the nerd banter. I'm not going to contribute.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I'm going with Superman on this one. He's dating Wonder Woman. No disrespect to Peter's love interests intended but it's Wonder Woman.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options

Nerd banter is adorable!!

1388.gif
  • _John_
    Options
    them being part of his powers in the first movies) are cooler. Also the introduced Black cat...

Web shooters are SO DUMB!!

So Peter Parker gets the abilities of a spider, but not webbing? No. He gets a spider's strength and speed. Because that's what everyone thinks of when they think spider. He has to make his own webs.

The very idea that Peter Parker invents that technology one day in his bedroom is a huge problem. It makes 100x more sense for him to just get the web powers from the original bite.

totally agree. So he's just "captain America" with cool technology at that point...
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options

I prefer the new ones, Parker and the story line is more accurate when compared to the comics and the web shooters(although I didn't mind them being part of his powers in the first movies) are cooler. Also the introduced Black cat...

Web shooters are SO DUMB!!

So Peter Parker gets the abilities of a spider, but not webbing? No. He gets a spider's strength and speed. Because that's what everyone thinks of when they think spider. He has to make his own webs.

The very idea that Peter Parker invents that technology one day in his bedroom is a huge problem. It makes 100x more sense for him to just get the web powers from the original bite.
    +1 It was way more entertaining to see him figure out how to use his webbing, rather than whip up a batch and automatically know how to use it.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Nerd banter is adorable!!

1388.gif

I agree!! Also, then I can feel secretly and smugly superior in my nerdiness when somebody gets a fact wrong.
  • Sha1911
    Sha1911 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    In a fight superman would pulverise spiderman lol but I do prefer spiderman.

But batman & captain america ftw!!!