Favorite Type of Exercise and Why?

Options
13»

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Running for me. I'm not 100% sure why. I know that part of it is the high from running. I also know I never thought I would be able to run the sorts of distances I now run regularly. So I think part of it is the satisfaction of conquering the one form of exercise that used to be my nemesis when I was younger. It's now my favorite.
  • skeen090
    skeen090 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Roller skating is my favorite. Great calorie burn. I burn even more when I play roller derby, but just the act of skating around is nice. Jam skating is fun with music.
  • csuhar
    csuhar Posts: 779 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Right now, I tend to be partial to rowing as far as exercise I do for fun (so, outside of my usual progression-focused work). I like that it provides both a level of resistance workout and also a cardio workout that doesn't wear my shoes out (US size 15, Double-As don't come cheap).

But I also like workouts that don't always feel like it, things like hiking and martial arts. You get a good bit of exercise, but it feels less monotonous because you're focused on the activity more than the physical effort.

And, when all else fails, there's always picking up heavy things and putting them back down.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    prancersize.

nah, picking things up and putting them down again.
  • hurricanelena
    hurricanelena Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cycling: It was what I did at my heaviest and its great to see the major improvements in distance/speed. Plus its useful as transportation! I found my town wasn't as big as it seemed in a car when I started biking it.
    Jogging: Great endorphin rush. And the fact that I can do it now without dying or killing my knees. Plus, running on the beach is why I live at the beach :smiley:
    Lifting: Doing legs makes me feel strong since I can do decent weights. Doing arms makes me feel badass, especially when I got complimented on my "guns".