What do I eat before the gym in the morning

Options
13»

Replies

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Wake 0500, omelette (2 eggs, 6 egg whites, 25g parmesan, 100g spinach) 0530, leave house 0600, lifting in the gym 0630, cardio 0700, work and oatmeal with protein powder and milk 0750. Never felt sick or unable to exercise.
  • sheedy17
    sheedy17 Posts: 128
    Options
    coffee and protein shake, true breakfast of champions
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    no brain work or extra time, peel and eat banana
  • kluvit
    kluvit Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I work out in the morning and don't eat anything until lunch...just my 130 calorie SBUX when I get to work about 2 hours after completeing my workout.
  • Elretardo616
    Options
    Doesnt matter what you have really, it just depends how you feel while training. Some people train fine fasted, i cant i need food. I eat w/e, i just make sure to leave an hour before training. If you need glucose then have a banana or other fruit, or even a carb drink. Dont worry about it just find the way thats good for you.
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Back when I worked out in the morning, I would wake up and have a cup of coffee (less sugar, cream the better....I usually just put a splash of milk....) and then post workout on my way to work I would have a protein shake (pre measured in a zip lock in my bag....lol).....usually tied me over until my first 15 minute break, then I'd have an apple/orange.....or a yogurt......

Cause yea, I was always afraid of working out with food in me......lol. Not to mention, the satisfaction of being able to say, you're burning last NIGHTS dinner ;)
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to the gym within an hour of waking up, I don't eat anything. I find I need at least an hour after eating before I can exercise without getting sick. If it's going to me more than an hour, I have something small like a handful of cheerios, a hard boiled egg, a string cheese, or a piece of ezikiel bread with peanut butter.