The best things about being single

Options

Replies

• MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    The only thing I miss about being single is not having to check in with anyone when I leave the house, where I'm going, when I'll be back, what I'm doing.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Independence.....servicing self.....!

Can you not service yourself in a relationship?

Probably not with the young, hairless boys in pink drawers that he likes.

Jesus dude.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I love you
  • mzbek24
    mzbek24 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Not having to shave your legs as often, unless going to be wearing a dress etc.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options

Jesus dude.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    A big bed to yourself.

I'm doing it wrong, I still sleep on "my" side!

It's been 8 months single for me and I still sleep on my side.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    How about never having sex? How's that working out for all the single people?

Edit: For people with poor english and social comprehension by "never having sex" I specifically mean having to really put in effort, time and silly "dates" to get laid on occasion vs essentially having sex whenever you so feel like when you're being in a relationship.

God forbid you actually have to WORK for a woman. Get some morals, please.

If you think married individuals have sex all the time, you are very very wrong. You see, there's something called work, kids, and all the responsibilities that come with owning a home that all come before sex. If you think married couples don't have to put in effort, time, and "silly dates" to have sex, you need a major reality check.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    A big bed to yourself.

I'm doing it wrong, I still sleep on "my" side!

It's been 8 months single for me and I still sleep on my side.

Is this a thing? I've always slept on my side, single or not.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    The ability to pretty much do whatever I want and go wherever I want whoever I want : )

This pretty much sums it up.
    That includes having sex, for the earlier poster, this is 2014. Most single people have another single friend on speed dial.

So most single people have f buddies on their phone in which they can pretty much rely on at most times? I'm being genuinely honest/curious here.

I dont have a reliable F buddy but I do make sure I have plenty of batteries
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I still dance around and eat grapes and late night snacks in the bed, even when I'm in a relationship! I guess I missed the memo!!

What a great thread!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    So most single people have f buddies on their phone in which they can pretty much rely on at most times? I'm being genuinely honest/curious here.

Ummm it's 2014...

Install Tinder. Swipe Right.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    possible casual sex

meh

i dont know life is the same just alone
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options

Jesus dude.

Thank you Brett for having the cajones to say what every guy was thinking... bwahahahaha....
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I guess I have it pretty good? I am married and my husband doesn't mind if I sleep in, he lets me do what I want and go where I want. He trusts me. He lets me have bad days and eat my junk food. There are days I dont shower (he as well), there are times I go without shaving for a little while, I go without doing the dishes for a couple days sometimes. He doesn't care what I spend my money on. I like to watch t.v. in the evenings in my bedroom so I can watch whatever my heart desires. HE cooks me dinner 90% of the time, he washes dishes, and helps pick up. He does make messes and I feel like I have a kid to clean up after sometimes. But I am thankful for him. I don't know how much better it really could get. I dont feel like being with him his holding me down at all. Maybe the ones that are single and happy are happy because they were not with the person they were meant to be with?
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Oh, and we have a king size bed so I feel like I have the bed to myself :) Even though our pup is a bed hog!!
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I guess I have it pretty good? I am married and my husband doesn't mind if I sleep in, he lets me do what I want and go where I want. He trusts me. He lets me have bad days and eat my junk food. There are days I dont shower (he as well), there are times I go without shaving for a little while, I go without doing the dishes for a couple days sometimes. He doesn't care what I spend my money on. I like to watch t.v. in the evenings in my bedroom so I can watch whatever my heart desires. HE cooks me dinner 90% of the time, he washes dishes, and helps pick up. He does make messes and I feel like I have a kid to clean up after sometimes. But I am thankful for him. I don't know how much better it really could get. I dont feel like being with him his holding me down at all. Maybe the ones that are single and happy are happy because they were not with the person they were meant to be with?

Well, isn't this patronizing.
  • CharlieMurtagh
    CharlieMurtagh Posts: 1,742 Member
    Options
    For me its the freedom to do what I want when I want without having to ask someone else's permission first.... I miss the tactile side of been in a relationship but its better to be alone then with someone you know your not meant to be with...

~Charlie
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I used to think all that free time and ability to do whatever I wanted with no responsibility other than for myself was perfect...and at the time it was...but since I found my wife, settling down and having a baby, everything is different. I do still miss my sleep, and before I had a career, smoking some pot in my late teens/early twenties...

I'm pretty content in general with my life, it has ups and downs, but so did being single...
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    For me as a person...ti do what I want, I make arrangements for my son if I want to go out and go out. For me as a mom...I can raise my son how I see fit and makd sure the values are instilled that I want in him and I dont have to worry about someone else not doing the same.

^^^^^ this!!! Dealing with different ways people raise there children is HELL lol.

And sharing the bed and hearing someone snore
    Sharing finances and bills

I could go on and on but then again there are things I miss about being in a relationship too
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I always figure that people are secretly not that happy if they seek out others to rub it in their faces.

:huh:

Rubbing it in their faces? Not at all.

She is simply in a marriage that most wish they had. Her morals and values allowed her to find the man who is right for her and who gives her the space, autonomy, and respect she deserves.

All I'm sensing is a lot of jealousy from you! And you know what they say… jealousy is the ugliest trait. :flowerforyou: