The best things about being single

Options

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I guess I have it pretty good? I am married and my husband doesn't mind if I sleep in, he lets me do what I want and go where I want. He trusts me. He lets me have bad days and eat my junk food. There are days I dont shower (he as well), there are times I go without shaving for a little while, I go without doing the dishes for a couple days sometimes. He doesn't care what I spend my money on. I like to watch t.v. in the evenings in my bedroom so I can watch whatever my heart desires. HE cooks me dinner 90% of the time, he washes dishes, and helps pick up. He does make messes and I feel like I have a kid to clean up after sometimes. But I am thankful for him. I don't know how much better it really could get. I dont feel like being with him his holding me down at all. Maybe the ones that are single and happy are happy because they were not with the person they were meant to be with?

I always figure that people are secretly not that happy if they seek out others to rub it in their faces.

:huh:

Rubbing it in their faces? Not at all.

She is simply in a marriage that most wish they had. Her morals and values allowed her to find the man who is right for her and who gives her the space, autonomy, and respect she deserves.

All I'm sensing is a lot of jealousy from you! And you know what they say… jealousy is the ugliest trait. :flowerforyou:

Well, you just bumped her out for most patronizing post on here. Congrats!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    No whining, no complaining, no jealousy, no where are you going, no who were you with, no take that off its too slutty, no BS, no drama, no questions.....

Shall I keep going...
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I guess I have it pretty good? I am married and my husband doesn't mind if I sleep in, he lets me do what I want and go where I want. He trusts me. He lets me have bad days and eat my junk food. There are days I dont shower (he as well), there are times I go without shaving for a little while, I go without doing the dishes for a couple days sometimes. He doesn't care what I spend my money on. I like to watch t.v. in the evenings in my bedroom so I can watch whatever my heart desires. HE cooks me dinner 90% of the time, he washes dishes, and helps pick up. He does make messes and I feel like I have a kid to clean up after sometimes. But I am thankful for him. I don't know how much better it really could get. I dont feel like being with him his holding me down at all. Maybe the ones that are single and happy are happy because they were not with the person they were meant to be with?

I always figure that people are secretly not that happy if they seek out others to rub it in their faces.

:huh:

She is simply in a marriage that most wish they had. Her morals and values allowed her to find the man who is right for her and who gives her the space, autonomy, and respect she deserves.

All I'm sensing is a lot of jealousy from you! And you know what they say… jealousy is the ugliest trait. :flowerforyou:

Well, you just bumped her out for most patronizing post on here. Congrats!

Actually, YOU are the one who feels her post is the most patronizing (since you wrote it and all….)

Her post wasn't patronizing at all. I'm sorry that you are jealous of the marriage she has and feel the need to put down others in order to feel better about yourself.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

Read the first post. A poor girl has been dumped and is feeling down about her lack of a relationship. She wanted to hear some stories from happy singles to cheer her up.

So what did some of you do? Post stories about how happy and in love you are in your relationships.

No tact, no class, and pathetically rubbing your happiness in someone else's face who's going through a hard time.

I'm sensing you should slink away.

She heard plenty of stories from people who are single.

Unfortunately, you aren't the MFP police. People can post what they want here. Melinda's post did not violate any of the MFP rules.

The point of Melinda's post was to show OP that people CAN be happily married and that she will find someone who makes her equally happy. Her intentions were certainly not to rub it in anyone's face.
  • tristan299
    tristan299 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Options
    You can blame everything on someone else. Sorry I thought it was titled "the best thing about being stupid"
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, you aren't the MFP police. People can post what they want here. Melinda's post did not violate any of the MFP rules.

The point of Melinda's post was to show OP that people CAN be happily married and that she will find someone who makes her equally happy. Her intentions were certainly not to rub it in anyone's face.

Please show me where in her post she says anything to the OP about the OP? Please point our where she says that the OP can be happy and will find someone to make her equally happy?

Oh...right....

Because she starts by saying, "I guess I have it pretty good."

Then writes a whole paragraph on how awesome her husband is.

And THEN, to add insult to injury, presumes to know why single people may or may not be happy.

Yeah, she's the friend I want to call when I'm going through a breakup. That is, after you of course.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    No one gripes about your food choices. You can eat whatever you like.

32026.gif
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Read the first post. A poor girl has been dumped and is feeling down about her lack of a relationship. She wanted to hear some stories from happy singles to cheer her up.

So what did some of you do? Post stories about how happy and in love you are in your relationships.

No tact, no class, and pathetically rubbing your happiness in someone else's face who's going through a hard time.

And now I get why people keep talking about you on their newsfeeds. Welcome to my ignore list.

It took you this long?
  • AmandaDeShawn
    AmandaDeShawn Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    A big bed to yourself.

Touche! ^^
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    Options

And now I get why people keep talking about you on their newsfeeds. Welcome to my ignore list.

Ahaha they talk about me because I'm standing up for someone? Oh okay. Goes to show how pathetic people are on this site!
  • Nickle526
    Nickle526 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Ahaha they talk about me because I'm standing up for someone? Oh okay. Goes to show how pathetic people are on this site!

I'm happy for all the happily coupled people.

I'm happy for all the single people.

What I has hoping for was to start a light-hearted thread about all the great things about being single. Granted, there are great things about being coupled, and once I meet a guy, I will probably want to gush about that too. :flowerforyou:

Keep it coming single folks!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Not having to pick up after anyone but yourself...

ETA: Apparently I need to go back and read.... I smell a drama llama up in here!!! I have a need to feed it now... unless I don't like the drama llama... then well I won't.
  • CoveOps
    CoveOps Posts: 100
    Options
    play on MFp without guilt
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Lots of amazing sex!! Oh wait......

:laugh:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options

Clearly he is a Saint and should be canonized into the Vatican.
  • ADMcNaul
    ADMcNaul Posts: 55
    Options
    Not having to meet the family of the people you sleep with!