Equestrians???

Options
123457»

Replies

• northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaP0t5IUnM

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but I laugh until I cry EVERYTIME I see this! What a tough kid! lol

OMG what a brave little rider!! I'll tell you ONE thing...that kid is gonna have an AWESOME seat by the time that pony is done with him lol
  • CRSangria
    Options
    I live in NC and am an English rider. I've been riding for 18 years and formerly competed in training level eventing. Due to lack of time and money in professional school, I stopped competing and just rode for fun with the mare that I currently have who is a Florida Cracker Horse. I've taken her out beginner novice eventing a few times and have thought about trying endurance with her, but it is hard to condition her with my work schedule. I also have her filly who is half-Andalusian and am looking forward to starting her under saddle next Spring when she turns 3.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm in BC and no longer own a horse (I just don't have the time or money) but I live in horse country-the property I live on is surrounded by horse farms! :) My friend next door has 5 horses, from long yearlings to a 10yr old, and so I still have tons of horsey love in my life! :) My last horse, a Quarab gelding, now lives a little ways away from me with friends of mine and her tween and teen daughters and another Arab cross (Anglo Arab). He LOVES children and is not so fond of adults, so they are the perfect home for him! And I can visit anytime I like. I am an Arab lover...they have had my heart since I was like 7yrs old. One of the neighbouring farms has a few of them that I love to visit.

When I had horses I just rode for fun, trail riding. :)
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm in BC and no longer own a horse (I just don't have the time or money) but I live in horse country-the property I live on is surrounded by horse farms! :) My friend next door has 5 horses, from long yearlings to a 10yr old, and so I still have tons of horsey love in my life! :) My last horse, a Quarab gelding, now lives a little ways away from me with friends of mine and her tween and teen daughters and another Arab cross (Anglo Arab). He LOVES children and is not so fond of adults, so they are the perfect home for him! And I can visit anytime I like. I am an Arab lover...they have had my heart since I was like 7yrs old. One of the neighbouring farms has a few of them that I love to visit.

When I had horses I just rode for fun, trail riding. :)
  • sarahemily86
    sarahemily86 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow this is awesome! I didn't realize there were so many horsey people on here!

I'm Sarah, I live in Michigan.

I'm currently working at a boarding barn, with 20 horses. I love em all, dont own my own yet, but I will!

I LOVE western riding, Reining is my favorite! :) Hoping to show NRHA next season if everything goes as planned

Most of the ppl at the barn I'm working at are Dressage riders, so I'll be learning that soon... I'm very excited!
  • Ajinx1
    Ajinx1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I live in Minnesota and have been riding since I was 2! I have two horses at the moment- an Arabian mare named Karissonna who will turn 30 in the spring. I've had her for 25 years. She's taught me so much and been my rock through all of my teenage years and adulthood. I also have an 11 year old QH gelding that is a bit special needs in that he needs a certain rider. We've bonded and he's my next once in a lifetime horse. I've spent years riding and training my own horses. I'm a clinic junkie - wish I had more $$ to participate as I love to learn new techniques.

I grew up gaming (barrel racing, etc...) and trail riding. My gelding is more of a pleasure horse type mover and I've found a fondness for just having a well broke horse that I can control every part of. I would love to show, but in the meantime I don't have the time.

I have 3 children - ages 10, 6, and 3, and work full time, so between that and the kids activities I don't have much time to ride these days, but I can dream!
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am 47 and am just back riding after a ~2 yr hiatus after my mare was fatally injured in a fall and I subsequently had an accident that tore both my achilles tendons (fun = casts on BOTH legs!).

About 3 mo ago I bought a beautiful Hanoverian mare and am re-starting her. She is my primary inspiration as I want to show her in lower level tests in the spring and IMO, white breeches flatter NO ONE - even breeches models that are 95 lbs!

My eldest daughters are also equestrians - one is a trainer and one works for a large animal vet.
  • leedowhey
    leedowhey Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have a 12 year old Wurttemberg Gelding who was imported from Switzerland in 2008. He's been everything to me, we were going to sell him this past year (2011) and I couldn't do it. So he is available for a Full Lease at the end of this year (2012)

We are going to be competing in the 1.20 and 1.30m Jumpers across Canada this year. Hopefully it all goes well.

I've been riding since I was 4. I live in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada, and Compete at Spruce Meadows, and Rocky Mountain Show Jumping all summer. I am hoping to get out to Thunderbird this year.

:) ADD MEE!
  • mazclark78
    Options
    Hi, I have a little thoroughbred mare, brandy. We were doing dressage up untill a couple of mths ago, and have changed course to endurance riding for a change. We haven't competed in any events yet but in training for an 80km ride in march.
  • Spinelli2288
    Spinelli2288 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I grew up racing Standardbreds with my family, so I always had a job. lol I rescued my first horse when I was 13, he was a little flea bitten Egyptian Arabian. His name was Silver Classic, aka Classy. We thought he was roughly 8 when we got him, judging by his teeth. When the dentist/vet came to look at him we found out that his teeth were filed down and judging by his ribs he was at least 30 years old. He also wasn't a gelding to our surprise! He never dropped which accounted for his youthful behavior. I showed him in trail and western, he passed at 37 years old. My second horse that I rescued was an off the track Thoroughbred names Borosa, I called him James. I was 15 and wanted a horse that I could train to jump and possibly do 3day eventing. James and I did just that. My mother traded James for a lame quarter horse for my sister when I was 18. I was devastated. I found him two years ago, he is very well loved, and the girl that owns him uses him in 3day eventing, he goes by the name Tucker now. Last year Rebecca let me come out to see him and ride him. When I got to the pasture I yelled for him, accidentally calling him James. He threw his head up and started whinnying and took off at a run toward the gate. I never cried so hard, and Rebecca cried with me. It was amazing. I got in that arena and it was like we had never been apart, I did a couple of flying lead changes with him and Rebecca said she had been trying to train him for months to do that, so I showed her a few things that I taught him, which I was pleased that he remembered. God I miss that horse. Now, I drive horse drawn carriages, I take care of three percherons and two belgians. Never could quit the horse habit. :heart:
  • Poloist12
    Options
    4 horses, all quater. Team Roping, but want to try my hand at Polo.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    We own one Quarter Horse, down from three. She is my older daughter's horse. My horse died a few years ago and we were all devastated. My youngest daughter sold her horse back to the original owner.