I'm in an abusive relationship.

Options

Replies

• conniekat8
    conniekat8 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!!!!
    I too have a little sadist living inside my head I keep evicting, but the brat still sneaks up on me and starts squatting when I'm not looking.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Excellent post.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of editing of comments happening. :laugh:
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. And I am very suprised by all the private messages with support even though I don't have an abusive husband. Regardless, after reading so many of these comments, I wore shorts for the first time in 3 years yesterday. It was glorious!!
  • Zx14chick
    Zx14chick Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Go YOU! :wink:
    Thank you all for the kind words of encouragement. And I am very suprised by all the private messages with support even though I don't have an abusive husband. Regardless, after reading so many of these comments, I wore shorts for the first time in 3 years yesterday. It was glorious!!
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options

“The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It's the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows & the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.”

― Audrey Hepburn

This is very awesome and inspiring. While I am not a woman, I think I understand some of what you are saying. I see a lot of it in my wife. I'm not sure how to help her break up with her attitude towards herself, but I will continue to support her and remind her that she is a very beautiful person. It's all I know how to be. Thanks for sharing such an amazing thought with the rest of us. It was very inspring and uplifting!
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    dump that *kitten*
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    Reading Comprehension

planking-wrong.gif

ETA: Spelling... I'm doing it wrong
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    What's comprenesion?
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    You are so right...looking in the mirror, my thoughts are often negative.....yes, even abusive towards what I have become...my OH says lovely and amazing things to me, motivates me, supports me....I do not listen enough!
    Thank you for this post!
  • StarsAreMyOcean
    Options
    We are our worst enemy and our worst critic.

Kicking the b!tch to the curb. Done with her negativity.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options

That is awesome! And it's why I love this environment so much! Encouragement from so many people can really have a positive effect - even when they are people you don't really know!

Now if only everyone would have read your OP all the way through they could have experienced the awesome ah-ha moment that some of us did!
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    What's comprenesion?

:angry:
  • 90to20
    90to20 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm going through quite an abusive relationship too, and it's been going on for almost 2 years now. I'm only 18 years old, and I'm already going through this. I'm so proud of you for ending things and being so strong. It's definitely motivating to see that other women are being strong and I'm not the only one going through this. x
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Wow. When I saw the topic I thought, "that takes guts to share." Then as I read through your first paragraph, I started to think, "Oh I bet it's about herself." Lo and behold! I was right!!! :)

As you'll see on my profile here, I didn't have problems with my body until a few years ago, with the exception that I hated my boobs throughout high school. Over the last year or two, I've started to HATE my body. I also need to break-up with my negative self-image. Doing something about what I hate is more productive than hating on myself.
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I had this same epiphany just a few months ago. Amazing how hard it is for us to see the positives in ourselves. Made me much happier. Much luck to you.
  • TwirleySlims
    TwirleySlims Posts: 112
    Options
    Good for you! :D
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring post, well done OP! I need to stop beating myself up and take my own advice to my son and be kinder to myself. Thank you!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. Thank you for sharing this. You had me getting mad at the abusive person, I didn't see that coming. Well said!! :happy:
  • gypsyGIRL159
    gypsyGIRL159 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Moving.... so excellent..... and on point for many, many people who won't admit to it. MUCH LOVE!!!!! :flowerforyou:

All the best to you for loving yourself enough to "R E A L L Y" LOVE YOURSELF!

:laugh: :wink: :drinker: