that one healthy food you hate...

Options
123457»

Replies

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Quinoa, cottage cheese, beets and grapefruit. Blech... Not really digging Greek yogurt either. I've tried, I've really tried.
  • NicoleLFifield
    Options
    Fish...... I HATE any kind of fish, wish I liked it, it is so very good for you.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower....I think. I hear about it all the freaking time but it looks like yucky brains and I just can't make myself try it. Maybe some day. Probably not! :noway:

I hate raw tomatoes and no matter how many times someone gets me to try one (because it's grown fresh in her backyard) I don't like them!! Give me sundried and I will eat them straight out of the bag. Go figure!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    If I don't like how something tastes, I won't eat it even if it's healthy! The same goes for you... you don't HAVE to eat something just because it's healthy or a superfood. :)

I guess the only time I'd eat something I don't like is if someone else made it for me. But until then... these are the foods I actively dislike: beets (mushy, and it's hard to get the color out of cutting boards), watercress (my grandma used to make a pork and watercress soup whenever I got sick, so the smell just reminds me of those times), any cheeses with a funky taste (goat, blue, feta), and greek yogurt because it's too sour and thick.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Okra.

Goddam okra.

This is the one!
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    How can you hate carrots D: I love cooked carrots and then baby carrots with hummus. I HATE CELERY! And honestly I hate almonds too. But I can eat them in my oats and with other nuts. I also hate fish, mushrooms, asparagus, etc. But I don't really force myself to eat them, cause I eat lots of other healthy foods. :)
  • pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Beets and cabbage! Never have liked them.
  • ashley_herrin
    Options
    Celery and mushrooms!
    Occasionally I'll try to mix them in when I cook, somehow expecting to like it, but I almost always end up picking around them.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and bananas. The smell of bananas makes me want to gag.

This pretty much rules out most smoothies...so I guess we can add smoothies to the list, too. (even the name is kind of gross)
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    Avacado !!! :sick:

I had high expectations and there is nothing I have EVER put in my mouth that made me gag! :embarassed:
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong but oh god please never again may this rank tasting fruit pass my lips!!! :sick:
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    I do not like cucumbers.
    Can handle them in small amounts mixed in salad or sandwiches if I have to but prefer not to.

Raw celery. - but cooked and in things is ok.

Watermelon - I am only person I know who dislikes this - just tastes like wet straw IMO.

Cottage cheese - cant stand lumpy texture.

Raw oysters.

Lambs fry and any other offal products.

I also pick watermelon out of fruit salads...

Glad to hear I am not the only one!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Big chunks of raw broccoli. I don't mind it if its cut up real small (just don't like chewing on big chunks of it), but I love roasted and steamed broccoli. I'm also not a fan of boiled, steamed or pickled okra. Can't stand that disgusting slimy texture. I love it roasted though. I'm the only one in my house who doesn't hate avocado. My Dad can't stand the taste or the mouth feel of them. If they weren't so blasted expensive, I'd eat them every day. I'm not a huge fan of raw carrots, but I don't hate them. I will occassionally toss one in a smoothie. Love roasted carrots.