DO OR DON'T FRIEND REQUEST?

Options

Replies

• brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I look for people who are active posters.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    As it says on my 'Profile' blurb; If you want be my 'friend', no problem, just add me, but I want to know why - BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS WILL BE REJECTED and you WILL be canned if you don't log in daily*! Also, don't add me if you keep your profile 'private'!

(*) If you notify me that you are away on holiday etc. then that is acceptable!

:wink:
  • JonnyMacAwesome
    JonnyMacAwesome Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    They're not your "friends", people! They're are random internet strangers that might become an acquaintence (sp?) ffs!

Aren't you just a little ray of sunshine.......

In multiple threads no less. Shes definitely deleted.

44563708.jpg
    Merely providing a realistic counterbalance to all this nonsense. But hey, if calling them "friends" makes your life feel full and validated, by all means proceed. :drinker:

Or maybe talk on the phone or meet for a workout or coffee...

It's funny because MFP calls them Friends...it's a Friends list after all.
  • BootCampC
    BootCampC Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I accept all but will keep you only if you are a motivator.. and I will do the same :)
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    They're not your "friends", people! They're are random internet strangers that might become an acquaintence (sp?) ffs!

44563708.jpg
    Merely providing a realistic counterbalance to all this nonsense. But hey, if calling them "friends" makes your life feel full and validated, by all means proceed. :drinker:

Like he said MFP say Friends, i could be all realistic but it is the internet after all, but then again we are all real people aren't we? I'm confusing myself now lol
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    A message, a profile that's completed and some reason to add the person (mutual friend, similar fitness goals or eating plans) and they must at least plan to be active on MFP.

I don't care about an open diary or how much they have to lose/gain.

The longer I'm on MFP the pickier I am about people I add to my friends list.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options

44563708.jpg

If you actually read her bio, it clearly states how she feels about the friend list. Who am I (or anyone) to cast stones about how someone uses or not uses MFP or how they want to interact with others here.

Just one ole man's opinion...........................
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    I'm not some anti-social *kitten* (okay, maybe a tad), I just prefer to keep sacred words like "friend" to the literal sense and tend to try and remind others to do the same (in tactless ways). The word has got out of hand and almost seems meaningless and trivial now. Friends used to be people that you cried on, hung out with, broke the law with, called when you needed help moving, splashed water on at the river, cheated on your diet with...not some selfie-minded duckface you try and one up with profile poses. My worthless two cents.

Mind you, I'm not incapable of feeling teh internetz lovin'. I've got a buttload of that. :flowerforyou:
  • lewoldt
    lewoldt Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    No according to her profile. she doesn't want any
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept all friend requests, unless their profile gives me the impression that we wouldn't be a good match in terms of weight loss philosophies. Which leaves me open to pretty much everyone except those trying to lose 2 lbs per week of vanity weight.

I've only sent one friend request, and the person accepted me then deactivated a day later. :cry: There are a lot of people I would like to request because I think they are funny or really knowledgeable, but I'm afraid my request would come across like this:

0.jpg

instead of this:

8465f3e0_7075684941F6.gif
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    AsaThorsWoman wrote:
    Nothing, I accept them all.

I look at the profile usually, but I have some amazing MFP friends that are odd matches, but oh well.
    Me too, with or without a note. I'm reckless that way. :smile:
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept all requests, I prefer a message to be included but if there's not one I'll accept after looking at the persons profile (if possible). However I tend not to add people if they have a skewed view of healthy sustainable weight loss.
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I don't send them. I rarely accept, but when I do it's usually because they've undergone thorough scrutiny by my fl and been voted in as worthy. And even then I don't always accept. Sorry...I'm picky.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I look for teh funny.
  • cobysev
    cobysev Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I accept any and all friend requests, even if they don't come with a message. Then I make my best effort to at least run through the list of status updates and like or comment on as much as I can each day. This is a site for fitness support after all, and the point of having friends here is so that you have your own support group to keep you motivated. Which goes both ways; don't forget that, folks.

The only time I'd consider deleting a friend is if they're not actually trying to better themselves. For instance, I have one friend who only makes attention-seeking posts like "I'm feeling fat today" or "Screw my diet, it's not worth it". I've given advice to help this person, but if these posts keep happening, I'm just going to remove them and focus my energy on helping or encouraging those who actually need it.

I admit, to get started, I spent an hour or so running through a bunch of welcome threads and blindly adding every single person who offered themselves up for friendship. I didn't leave any of them a message because I was just trying to build a random support group. If they didn't accept, no big deal. But now that I have a decent size group of friends, I'm being more picky about who I try to befriend. After all, there comes a point where you just have too many people and can't give that personal touch anymore. After a couple months, I'll probably reasses my friends list and clean it up a bit. But no matter your gender, body type, and/or personality, as long as you're here to be healthy, I'll welcome your friend request and offer my support.
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    I will choose wisely :wink:

I'll be logging every day, my diary is open to friends and I'm focused on getting healthier, losing weight and to have a laugh along the way :tongue:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    Boobs and butt.
    I'm right there with ya! I prefer a nice pair before I accept. :wink:
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    What. the. hell. I thought we were friends?
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    What. the. hell. I thought we were friends?
    what the hell??? You mean I have been deceived??? *kitten*
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I accept them all

I look at the profile usually, but I have some amazing MFP friends that are odd matches, but oh well.

Same thing

Me too. Everyone is welcome!