Fat Chick Works Out

Options
FatChickWorksOut.sm.jpg

Any thoughts on this exercise program? It's basically a series of movements where you don't sweat. Here's a Fox News report on this exercise instructor:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kIhXh41ukI

Replies

• skyblue2001
    Options
    what the hell did I just watch?
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I watched 3 minutes and 20 seconds of that video.
    I want someone to give me my 3 minutes and 20 seconds back...

It's ludicrous, everybody and I mean everybody knows that being fat adversely affects your health.
    I'm all for loving yourself but lets not fool ourselves at the same time.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    FatChickWorksOut.sm.jpg

Any thoughts on this exercise program? It's basically a series of movements where you don't sweat. Here's a Fox News report on this exercise instructor:

What's the point if you don't break a sweat?
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    No sweating, don't call it a workout. While you can walk to get a little exercise and burn some extra calories, no one refers to walking as a workout.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    No sweating, don't call it a workout. While you can walk to get a little exercise and burn some extra calories, no one refers to walking as a workout.
    Excuse you? :huh: I do, and I've lost 40 lb. so far. Yeah its a workout to me.:bigsmile:
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong but it seemed from the interview the "exercises" were more for mobility than cardio/ weight loss
  • fitnessregan
    fitnessregan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Excuse you? :huh: I do, and I've lost 40 lb. so far. Yeah its a workout to me.:bigsmile:

I agree 100%! Walking at a brisk pace (around 3.5) and on an incline can definitely work up a sweat and burn some serious calories and fat!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you were completely physically unable to do anything more than those exercises, then it might be a reasonable start. However, being fat does not equal "completely physically unable". People wanting to get results without even breaking a sweat is why the diet industry makes billions and the world gets fatter by the day.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    LMAO a full marathon! HA! I would pay to see that.
  • DecemberPsalm
    DecemberPsalm Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you were completely physically unable to do anything more than those exercises, then it might be a reasonable start. However, being fat does not equal "completely physically unable". People wanting to get results without even breaking a sweat is why the diet industry makes billions and the world gets fatter by the day.

Love this!^^^

Sure, everyone should love themselves no matter what size they are. In fact if everyone loved themselves while fat it could just possibly help them to lose the weight. Self love equals self respect which equals healthy mind and body. I don't see how you can love yourself and continue to treat your body like crap.

And what she said about how society should change its ways instead of the individuals is just effing ludicrous!!! Give me a break! Sure, society should be empathetic to overweight people and society should encourage everyone to be healthy instead of pushing fad diets and pills, but there is a reason this world isn't "made for fat people"....fat people are a product of an unhealthy society and really shouldn't exist in the first place (I'm talking more about morbid obesity, not carrying a few extra lbs, ya know?)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Love this!^^^

Sure, everyone should love themselves no matter what size they are. In fact if everyone loved themselves while fat it could just possibly help them to lose the weight. Self love equals self respect which equals healthy mind and body. I don't see how you can love yourself and continue to treat your body like crap.

And what she said about how society should change its ways instead of the individuals is just effing ludicrous!!! Give me a break! Sure, society should be empathetic to overweight people and society should encourage everyone to be healthy instead of pushing fad diets and pills, but there is a reason this world isn't "made for fat people"....fat people are a product of an unhealthy society and really shouldn't exist in the first place (I'm talking more about morbid obesity, not carrying a few extra lbs, ya know?)

Right. Basically my fat is okay but not somebody else's? Hopefully some of the posts will quickly make it crystal clear why fat acceptance would be needed in a society like ours
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    FatChickWorksOut.sm.jpg

Looking at some of the ads for dailyburn.com, it seems they may also have some super beginner or low impact workouts, too. I don't know if the Fat Chick Works Out idea is to graduate from this pace to something more intense or not, but I guess I think easier exercises can have their place as well

About the Fat Acceptance movement in general, you just need to read the garbage diets and misconceptions being posted here. People try a new fad everyday other day it seems for years and only seem to get fatter. In a way for some, abandoning dieting is actually the healthier thing to do. Their bodies may be large but their minds get a freaking break from all the bull**** and vanity
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I support that your self esteem shouldn't depend on your weight. When people are shamed or bullied for their size, they lose more self esteem, which just makes it less likely that they will lose weight. You have to learn how to love yourself no matter what.

That being said, the assertion that obesity =/= unhealthy is flat out false. Yes, thin people can be unhealthy too. But, the health risks of obesity are well documented and encouraging people to remain obese is ridiculous.
  • kmsnyg
    kmsnyg Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    As a fat person, that video made me angry. I'm fine with loving oneself, despite one's size, but those ladies are delusional if they think that being fat is not impacting their health.

That being said, if the videos are helpful in getting very overweight folks to get moving, I suppose that is a good thing.
  • Lilith8984
    Lilith8984 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    8d3ac9993e04e3fde5cc1bedb6ca288ff147f17d8bb5463078912d484bf76756.jpg
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Very, very judgmental people here.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Ever do a 20 mile walk at a brisk pace??? DUHHHH!