Tell me something interesting about you

Options

Replies

• DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I am a retired forensic psychiatric registered nurse. I worked with serial killers, severely mentally ill psychopaths who took insanity defense for their crimes. I did this for 25 yrs. I was never bored. Worked with a famous doctor who had his own show on Discovery ID. Dr. Michael Stone. The show was based on his belief that not all psychopaths were mentally ill and believed strongly in some being just plain evil. How's that for interesting????

Very! I used to watch that program when it would come on. I'm hooked on the crime ID channel now.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Cool thread!

I keep pet rats. I'm not interested in having children but my rats are my babies! I have 4 at the moment, all boys. They greet me when I enter the room, they affectionately groom my hands and they beseech me for dry pasta with their big dark eyes. I wouldn't be without my furry little squishies. :-) Also, I'm a hobbyist photographer, and spend a lot of time photographing pretty girls in their undies, something my male friends love me for, haha.

I also photograph my ratties. ;-)

freyja_in_hiding__03_by_ladytara-d4dwymq.jpg
    (This one is now sadly deceased but she was very photogenic, my little kissy girl.)
  • Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Cool thread!

I keep pet rats. I'm not interested in having children but my rats are my babies! I have 4 at the moment, all boys. They greet me when I enter the room, they affectionately groom my hands and they beseech me for dry pasta with their big dark eyes. I wouldn't be without my furry little squishies. :-) Also, I'm a hobbyist photographer, and spend a lot of time photographing pretty girls in their undies, something my male friends love me for, haha.

(This one is now sadly deceased but she was very photogenic, my little kissy girl.)

Too cute! I have 4 Chihuahua's and sometimes people call them rats. I love them and they are my babies now that my kids are older!
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I completed an Ironman distance triathlon, possess a 2nd degree black belt in taekwondo, and rode a bicycle through Ireland and England for six weeks one summer.
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Cool thread!

i have no real aversion to rats but when i was a teen i had a summer job in a medical lab, cleaning cages and floors etc...when you get a bunch of rats in one room...you want to talk about stink!!!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I look like a stereotypical librarian with my hair pinned up.
  • looserlarry
    Options
    Another Step toward Success
    Good morning everyone from sunny California. Thought I would just drop in and say hi and give you a little update on what is happening in my life. I planned out my meals on Fitness pal last night so it would be ready to go for me Iam more liable to stick with it if it is already planned out instead of being random. I have no weight to report as I did it yesterday. Later today I will go for my 2.6 mile walk hopefully to go further soon but right now it is one day at a time .I know people get discouraged at times for one reason or another ( I DO) But you have to take a step back look at where you were say a year ago and say to yourself I can do this look how far I have already come. Set small obtainable goals for yourself to build confident it might not be much but I told myself in the first week of exercise just walk a block and see what happens confidence went thru the roof. you and us together can do this but you need a good support system and you have one here. Enough of my babbling. You all have an awesome day and if you want to talk or be my friend I will gladly accept your request until next time keep your feet moving and your head toward the skies because a new you is a reach away.

Peace- N- Love

Larry
  • bostonfit
    bostonfit Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I volunteered at Sloth Sanctuary in Costa Rica last year for weeks!
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I live life with a smile on my face.
  • stephanne13
    stephanne13 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I boarded a plane in Frankfurt, Germany which took off less than 10 minutes before the departure area was bombed.
    I also flew out of DFW the same day that that wind sheer accident happened in 1985 that caused the plane to slam down on a hwy and smash a car. My mom flew into Kiev in April 1986...about an hour after Chernoybl exploded. The whole tour was there for a week and had no idea it had happened until they returned to Germany. I have yet to see her glow in the dark.
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have a septate uterus and a double cervix :) .... but everything else is normal lol
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Cool thread!

i have no real aversion to rats but when i was a teen i had a summer job in a medical lab, cleaning cages and floors etc...when you get a bunch of rats in one room...you want to talk about stink!!!

Not only do they stink, they carry disease and ruin food, stored grain, etc. I'm a farmer. To me the only good rat is a dead rat. I firmy believe humans have an instinctual repulsion and aversion to rats, the very smell brings on the old hatred of the nasty things. Although they ARE good food for pet snakes , I'll give them that.
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    random stuff....

I won a trip to the '88 Calgary Olympics and won our honeymoon trip to Greece.

While I like to quilt and do crafty things, I am a bit of a motorhead with bikes (ninja 600), sleds and boats. I rode my snowmobile on a 3 day trip with hubby when I was 7 months pregnant and rode my streetbike the day before I gave birth.
    ....this always seem to surprise people - to quote my hubby " I ride like a guy". LOL

weird stuff - if I take too long trying to put my earring in or take them out, I want to puke. Worse if someone else does it for me. bleh.
  • doIdaretoeatapeach
    doIdaretoeatapeach Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have the best looking *kitten* of anyone on this board.

< -

I also can't resist an *kitten* double entendre. It's an affliction.
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    in my 20's i was diagnosed as infertile (unless i had surgery)...
    fast forward 6 years, no surgery, sleep with a new guy for the first time, BAM - pregnant! then multiply by 3 = fertile myrtle! lol
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    fast forward 6 years, no surgery, sleep with a new guy for the first time, BAM - pregnant! then multiply by 3 = fertile myrtle! lol
    Sheesh talk about the underdog....but great for you!!! :)
  • GradatimFerociter
    GradatimFerociter Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Erm.

I've attended 7 schools, 4 of which declined to tolerate my continued attendance :p
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    Sheesh talk about the underdog....but great for you!!! :)

thanks! 7 years later, we're still going strong even though we obviously didn't know each other very well in the beginning! :-)
  • theflamingpopsicle
    theflamingpopsicle Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I write books online and have amounted so many avid followers that my friends affectionately refer to them as my cult.
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Not only do they stink, they carry disease and ruin food, stored grain, etc. I'm a farmer. To me the only good rat is a dead rat. I firmy believe humans have an instinctual repulsion and aversion to rats, the very smell brings on the old hatred of the nasty things. Although they ARE good food for pet snakes , I'll give them that.

You're referring to wild rats, not domestic. Wild rats can carry disease and be destructive, domestic rats are not; they are kept in people's houses and are different to wild rats both physiologically and psychologically. Domestic rats are bred to be friendly and affectionate, and are very intelligent and curious. They are also very clean. They spend over a third of their life washing themselves and they can easily be toilet trained (and trained to do many tricks as well.) My rats live in clean cages, and do not smell. They are nothing like wild rats.

My rats are part of the family, I love them dearly, and for you to say something like 'the only good rat is a dead rat' is unbelievably inconsiderate and downright rude. Do you have pets you love? How would you feel if someone said something so cruel to you about them? Unbelievable.