Tell me something interesting about you

Options

Replies

• Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Literally. Hannibal Lechters are not just in the movies.

I would love to hear stories! That stuff interests me soo much! :love:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Been very very close to Mirando Otto since she waitressed where I cooked (Lord of the RIngs.......or whatever.....not into it) and Michael Hutchence from INXS. Worked with one..cooked for the other....when at his concert he walked right next to me and no I didn't go OMG but hell yeah he was checking me out. :wink:

Edited to explain no she wasn't in the movie then but said she will be doing movies. Very motivated woman. Beautiful skin. She just said to me she didn't want to do stage but do movies and did.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I was in a wheel chair for 2 months (cast and crutches for 9 months) and was not expected to walk very well...long story short, I proved them wrong.:smile:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I used to train horses as a teenager with a world class Showmanship trainer... until a horse kicked me in the face and put me in a coma for three days. I now have a much safer job... Boring, but safe.
  • Choobey
    Options
    The only thing I can think of is I did not speak any English until I went to kindergarten and now I can barely speak Spanish!

These posts are AWESOME!!!:bigsmile:
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I once shot myself in the face.
    With a bow.
    Sober.
    How the f**k?
    Please elaborate OMG !
    You win I just have a BB in my finger!
    lol
    The full story is actually less fun than the cliffs.

I used to shoot longbow, decently high draw weight. One day I wanted to shoot in the basement and stupidly thought a sheet of polystyrene would make a fine target. The arrow went straight through it, ricocheted off the wall and struck me in the eyebrow with the nock. Went in deep enough to stand on its own.

The funniest part came after. I didn't feel pain so figured the wound must be shallow and ripped it out.
    Then the blood came.

ETA:
    Since a lot of people are mentioning it, I can also touch my forearms with my thumbs, bend the last joint of my fingers while keeping the others rigid and bend the last joint on my pinkies beyond 90 degrees.
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I can lick my elbow. Is that interesting?
  • sunshinelively
    sunshinelively Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i am currently a social worker who directs a behavioral health program.

however, i was once an archeologist. :-)
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I am a retired forensic psychiatric registered nurse. I worked with serial killers, severely mentally ill psychopaths who took insanity defense for their crimes. I did this for 25 yrs. I was never bored. Worked with a famous doctor who had his own show on Discovery ID. Dr. Michael Stone. The show was based on his belief that not all psychopaths were mentally ill and believed strongly in some being just plain evil. How's that for interesting????

Fascinating! I work at a state law enforcement agency, but it's rare that I run into any true psychopaths.

I thought you were in law enforcement. Being in my line of work, I have come to greatly respect you guys. I also worked part time in a maximum secure male reception state prison doing crisis intervention. It was in Fishkill, NY. I would guess you are never bored either. To tell the truth, I miss my work. If you work with "live" perps, you will eventually run into psychopaths. Good luck in your weight loss endeavors. Feel free to send a friend request.
  • RebeccaP1972
    RebeccaP1972 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    This may not be very interesting lol but I can quote two movies word for word...

Dirty Dancing and Steel Magnolias (kinda lame probably)
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I spent large parts of my childhood in hospital and many times unconscious and on life support. I have also "Died" and come back when I was 8, hours beforehand a minister came into the hospital to pray for me and told my parents he believed he could see death and that he would keep praying, he himself had died before and woken up in a body bag hours after...he has this crazy story, anyway yeah, I spent a lot of my childhood in critical condition. I have also broken my back twice and my neck once, my back when I was 9 and 10 and my neck I didn't know I had broken it until I had an unrelated Xray and it showed to old break.
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I played on our town's first girls hockey team when I was in high school. I SO miss playing ... it was a great release! Would LOVE to find a women's team to play on now!
  • nonacgp
    Options

Feel free to send friend request and I can send some interesting stuff. Here is a funny aside tho. My whole family came to my home each yr. at Thanksgiving. About 30 of us. My kids and nieces and nephews would ask "so, Aunt Carol what famous people have you met this year?" My husband used to cringe because he worried about me all the time and would rather NOT hear about the macabre stuff.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I collect comic books.
  • jennyjo79
    jennyjo79 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was in a wheel chair for 2 months (cast and crutches for 9 months) and was not expected to walk very well...long story short, I proved them wrong.:smile:

Wow! That is amazing! What an inspiration. You've already proven you can do anything!
  • AMW47
    AMW47 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this is really all that interesting, but I've always found it funny. I know almost nothing about hockey and I couldn't ice skate to save my life but I do know how to drive a Zamboni.
  • nonacgp
    Options
    This may not be very interesting lol but I can quote two movies word for word...

Dirty Dancing and Steel Magnolias (kinda lame probably)

Wow!! That is incredible. Some days I can't remember what I had for breakfast!!
  • veronicasaffin
    veronicasaffin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you!
    I have a lot of weigh to lose and my work life balance is pretty bad (too much travel and hotels, etc). So I booked a trip to climb Kilimanjaro begin October. I had always wanted to climb this mountain but I was too out of shape and too overweight. So I am training, trying to lose weight, and adjusting my lifestyle.
  • Choobey
    Options

Feel free to send friend request and I can send some interesting stuff. Here is a funny aside tho. My whole family came to my home each yr. at Thanksgiving. About 30 of us. My kids and nieces and nephews would ask "so, Aunt Carol what famous people have you met this year?" My husband used to cringe because he worried about me all the time and would rather NOT hear about the macabre stuff.

Too funny! My husband thinks I am infatuated with death because I watch all these shows. I am really just interested in people and how they can be so nutty. For the cop like shows I am interested in the science behind it and how they catch their killers. :devil:
  • nonacgp
    Options
    I'm a distance runner that snowboards and storm chases.

I am fascinated with weather and storms. Snowboarding? Not so much. Be safe in your endeavors to find the "perfect storm." Lucky you.:noway: :noway: :wink: