Stupid drivers.......what drives you crazy???

Options

Replies

• thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You would hate Texas, the drivers here in Dallas are straight up reckless. I'm never surprised when I hear that there is an accident involving a fatality here.

I have stopped driving on the freeways here because it scares the living daylights out of me, not worth losing my life over!
  • k1ttyk1tty
    k1ttyk1tty Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    My apartment complex has a roundabout and the past two days I have gone through it correctly I have almost been slammed into because some *kitten* takes a shortcut. Then they honk at me like I'm the problem. One day I wont stop and I'll gouge them in court for everything they have. :angry:
  • thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Oh I did think of one - here in San Antonio, we use Yield signs for pretty much EVERYTHING. And rarely do people know that yield does not mean stop. That makes me a little nuts.

Actually yield signs do mean that you MAY have to come to a stop to yield to traffic that has been deemed to have the right of way. We have the opposite problem in Dallas, no one observes that they must yield to oncoming traffic and instead blow through the yield and literally run you off the road. This has happened to me 4-5 times now since I moved here, so glad I carry excellent collision coverage! :noway:
  • no_russian
    no_russian Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Old people forming a motorcade around me.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have road rage, serious road rage and most of my rage stems from drivers who are irresponsible and make stupid decisions!! I have been in 9, yes NINE, car accidents and NONE of them were caused by me (the last was weather related) and almost ALL of them could have been prevented!! UGHHHH I am a little off topic but I saw stupid drivers and had to comment on my rage!!!
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I got hit by a guy turning into the wrong lane. There were two left turn lanes, and I was on the inside one. He started in the outside turn lane, and tried to turn into the inside lane, hitting me. Then he tried to say that I was in his lane, until I showed him the lines painted on the road.

Everybody does this at this intersection. I grabbed a screenshot from Google maps to show my friends, and it showed another driver doing the same damn thing. A week later, one of my Facebook friends was upset that she actually got a ticket for turning into the wrong lane - she couldn't believe it. As a result, I have started making sure that I am always in the outside lane.

I also can't stand people who drive on the shoulder to go around traffic. Completely illegal. It especially ticks me off when they are in my way when I am in the right turn lane, trying to turn.

But perhaps the worst are the ones who refuse to share the road with pedestrians. They come to an intersection and stop in the crosswalk, forcing pedestrians to veer into traffic to get around them. Or they turn right at a red light in complete disregard for anyone trying to cross with the crossing light. Recently my kids and I were crossing in a crosswalk, with the light, when a driver who wanted to turn right on red approached the intersection and started honking at us. He couldn't wait 15 seconds for us to finish crossing. Another time, some guy tried to edge past my teenaged daughter while she was crossing, and actually hit her and knocked her down. Didn't even stop. :-(
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Oh I did think of one - here in San Antonio, we use Yield signs for pretty much EVERYTHING. And rarely do people know that yield does not mean stop. That makes me a little nuts.

Actually yield signs do mean that you MAY have to come to a stop to yield to traffic that has been deemed to have the right of way. We have the opposite problem in Dallas, no one observes that they must yield to oncoming traffic and instead blow through the yield and literally run you off the road. This has happened to me 4-5 times now since I moved here, so glad I carry excellent collision coverage! :noway:

The only time this happens here in SA is when you have to yield to people exiting the highway - then everyone speeds up and blows through the yield. Otherwise, it's treated as a stop sign instead of a "yield the right of way" sign.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    We get an extraordinarily large amount of people who feel that although the light has already turned red (and has been red for 3-4 full seconds), since the cars in front of them got to go, them should also get to go... :grumble: Also, people in big ol' full-sized pickups with lift kits and the whole nine yards pulling way out to see to pull out when I'm there first in my little Corrolla - dude - you should be able to see from a mile away! Don't be a jerk! :angry:
  • michelleepotter
    Options
    We get an extraordinarily large amount of people who feel that although the light has already turned red (and has been red for 3-4 full seconds), since the cars in front of them got to go, them should also get to go... :grumble: Also, people in big ol' full-sized pickups with lift kits and the whole nine yards pulling way out to see to pull out when I'm there first in my little Corrolla - dude - you should be able to see from a mile away! Don't be a jerk! :angry:

Oh, I hate when I'm trying to turn out of a driveway and the person next to me keeps creeping forward so I can't see around them!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I drive fast, but I drive well. I hate it when I'm cruising along loving the ride when some slow poke pulls out in front of me. :grumble:
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way.
  • michelleepotter
    Options
    I just got cut off by a jerkwad trying to use the shoulder as a turn lane while I was turning from the actual turn lane. Grrr. ????
  • keef1972
    keef1972 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    They pull out in front of you, make you slow down, then turn 15 seconds later, which causes you to slow down again.
    I find, if they wait 30 seconds, nothing is ever behind me; Grrrr..
  • transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    People who don't signal when they're turning or merging. If you don't signal, get off the road.
  • OhhNiff
    OhhNiff Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Do bicyclists count?
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Come to Bahrain and see how the Saudis drive...... :explode:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    Driving in Bahrain: you share a 3 lane highway with people driving much slower than the speed limit in the middle lane and people driving much faster than the speed limit weaving in and out of the other cars, and you have to second-guess what everyone's going to do, because no-one uses indicator lights.

Oh and don't forget the people who drive at night with no lights on, they just appear out of nowhere like they have a Romulan cloaking device.

And people who enter the highway going from the slip road to the middle lane at 70% of the speed limit without even checking their mirrors....... never mind blind spots, they don't even check their mirrors. Oh and then they beep their horn at YOU when you have to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting them.

Oh and Saudi drivers who take a lack of lane discipline to new extremes, as in they seem to think that the lines separating the lanes are just for decoration or that they're supposed to drive with one wheel either side of the line.

And Saudi parking... the car parks here have one way systems, and the parking spaces are angled so you can get in easily..... I've seen Saudis drive the wrong way around them, then get all confused when the parking spaces are all pointing the wrong way, and then they do car gymnastics to try to get into them. Which would be hilarious if it wasn't for the fact that they're blocking the way of everyone who knows how to follow a one way system.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Drunks and texters piss me off because they are actively choosing to put others' lives at risk. :mad:
  • Mindless_Games
    Mindless_Games Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    People who cut in line
    Distracted drivers
    and I know it's a parking thing and not a driving thing but taking up more than one spot in the lot.
  • ccpauley
    ccpauley Posts: 70
    Options
    The simple fact of someone in front of me p****s me off :explode: