planet fitness vs golds gym

Options
I have a memebership to both right now but am also looking to cancel one of em which one is your favorite and why?

Replies

• Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    let the fireworks begin :laugh: You have stepped into a hornet's nest.

I personally like Planet Fitness because it is cheap and convenient. I don't want a trainer, classes, tanning bed, etc. So I pay my $10/month and work out on my way to work.
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    see I love em both lol I love the hydrogel beds and beauty angel but the staff sucks lol but at golds I love the staff and the equipment and pool but it costs more hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I have Planet Fitness and whereas I am pleased with it mostly..I lift and there are no squat racks and that is becoming a bit of a hinderance..so I think it depends on your fitness goals. I would go Golds if you have loftier and more creative fitness goals..otherwise PF is perfectly respectable...I have been a member there for over a year.
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    I like it I just wish the two were combined!
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    I just want to lose weight and what is a squat rack?
  • fullersun35
    fullersun35 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    hydrogel beds and beauty angel

These are gimmicks that have nothing to do with losing weight.

Ultimately only you can decide which one to go with.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym, hands down, not even close.

Pool, sauna, cardio cinema, cardio deck, machines, proper free weight area (with squat rack), and after insurance, $14.

If all you want to do is lose weight, then all you need to do is look at your diet.
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Holds an olympic bar..you can put the weights on, step away from it and do squats or deadlifts...at planet fitness they just have a smith machine, which has an attached bar that you can load with weights but there is an limited range of motion because the bar does not come off...not ideal when working your legs and butt..and it can be dangerous due to squatting or deadlifting at an unnatural motion.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Planet fitness makes an excellent second/back up gym- or a gym for getting a work out in.

It is not a good full time gym for training for long term goals.
  • Beautiful_disaster40
    Options
    I have a membership at gold's, it doesn't have a pool but it offers classes and the equipment is great. After I joined they dropped the price and my commitment is up so I need to get in there and see if they'll give me the new price or I might cancel it. I've had memberships and gyms that were cheap and minimalist so I guess it just depends on what you're after. I prefer a nicer gym, it seems like the people are a little more serious and the trainers are a little more knowledgeable if that's your thing.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Topics like this make me realize how lucky I am.

My local Gold's Gym was bought out by one of those cheapo $10/month gyms. So I get a Gold's-quality gym for $10 bucks a month.
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    I know but I love them they sure nice after a good workout
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    Yeah I really need to decide and quick I love golds and the cinema-awesome-
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    I need to get my big boot lifted so im going to look into that lol I'm starting the squat challenge but I want to bounce a quarter off this boot lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    I just want to lose weight and what is a squat rack?
    Drop Gold's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Happygirl4242
    Options

My local Gold's Gym was bought out by one of those cheapo $10/month gyms. So I get a Gold's-quality gym for $10 bucks a month.

I love my golds!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    cant beat the pool and hot tub!!!!!!!
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options

You lucky *kitten*!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    NOT even a comparison. Gold's is an actual gym, whereas PF is a ridiculous hypocritical craphole.

I go to Gold's for $15/mo, plus $10/mo childcare for my son. So $25/mo. It's the best expense I have every month, worth every penny.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    I have a memebership to both right now but am also looking to cancel one of em which one is your favorite and why?

Stick with Golds