planet fitness vs golds gym

Options

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    If all you want to do is lose weight, then all you need to do is look at your diet.

That's just not true. You don't have to be a world class athlete, but no weight loss routine is complete without exercise.

Please define.

A fitness routine requires exercise, a weight loss routine doesn't.

Calories in - Calories Out.

That's how many who have sedentary lifestyles and don't exercise lose weight....mind blowing, I know.
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Typically… I would say Gold's has more to offer especially when you talk long-term. But I go to PF and have been happy with it. My decision was based on price, location, and hours it was open.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    hummmmmmmmmmmmmm what's a good amount for a girl my size to lift while squatting im 24 4ft 11 and 175

get new rules of lifting for women
    or strong curves
    or starting strength
    or stronglifts

then
    start with the bar.
    learn how to squat.
    then add weight as the program recommends.

then squat your *kitten* off to fabulous.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I'm really leaning towards golds that guy at pf is an *kitten* hole! but ill prob keep it until golds is built pf is up the street and they are building a full fitness center for gold right up the street im excited and I cant wait until aug 1st

Going into a new gym is always an exciting time. The place is mobbed, the stuff is new, there's a lot of energy.

Sounds fun.
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    hummmmmmmmmmmmmm what's a good amount for a girl my size to lift while squatting im 24 4ft 11 and 175

get new rules of lifting for women
    or strong curves
    or starting strength
    or stronglifts

then
    start with the bar.
    learn how to squat.
    then add weight as the program recommends.

then squat your *kitten* off to fabulous.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gonna rock this **** on Wednesday im excited!!!!!!! ill send ya a pic of me squatting this is gonna be fun! I've been squatting on my own at home with no weights lol via- crappy results -weights here I come!
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    hell I may go tonight!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    lol okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that's kind of a manly tool isn't it tho

:huh: Do I look "manly" to you?
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    no all outta bubba gum!!! I wanna look how you look doll!!! wink wink!
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    how much do you squat with bubba?
  • dbmata
    Options
    I'm just going to say, I approve.
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    lol okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that's kind of a manly tool isn't it tho

:huh: Do I look "manly" to you?

hayyy sexay lady oo oo ooo ooo ooo opa gangnam style my jam-- you one sexy lady and I need some sexy lady tips!
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    lol
  • nitrospop
    nitrospop Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have had a membership to gold's and I like it. I'm just now getting back to fitness after 15 years of slacking off, and I'm a member at PF. For the price and no commitment, I'll be staying at PF until I outgrow it. Then it's back to Gold's.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    Ok, then! :smokin:

I squat about 115. Nothing special. Start with just the empty bar until you are comfortable and your form is rock solid. It's really easy to get hurt if people are being dummies and not bothering to learn the proper way to do it before adding craptons of weight to the bar.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options
    If you really have no idea what you're doing and need a confidence boost, I'd spring for a single personal training session, and have a good trainer show you proper form, and how to set up the rack.
  • dbmata
    Options

I squat about 115. Nothing special. Start with just the empty bar until you are comfortable and your form is rock solid. It's really easy to get hurt if people are being dummies and not bothering to learn the proper way to do it before adding craptons of weight to the bar.

Super important, as even without a crapton of weight on the bar, I hurt my left knee and have to rehab it from bad squat form.
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    If you really have no idea what you're doing and need a confidence boost, I'd spring for a single personal training session, and have a good trainer show you proper form, and how to set up the rack.

Okay great! im going to see about getting a personal trainer at golds either tonight or Wednesday so I can dot this the right way ooooohhhhh yeah!!!!!!
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    when I get my big ole rump nice and good I'm gonna post a pic that says started from the bottom now im here.
  • dbmata
    Options
    when I get my big ole rump nice and good I'm gonna post a pic that says started from the bottom now im here.

I intend to do the same, the boys are gonna swooooon.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    Options

Super important, as even without a crapton of weight on the bar, I hurt my left knee and have to rehab it from bad squat form.

The struggle is real!