planet fitness vs golds gym

Options

Replies

• Happygirl4242
    Options
    I just want to lose weight and what is a squat rack?
    Drop Gold's.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

You don't think golds is the best choice?
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    Im rally thinking on golds because of all of the amenities and the being able to bring my kids with me is great!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options

This is a squat rack. Get to know it. Work it. Love it.

half-squat-rack-4.jpg
  • jensenta3
    jensenta3 Posts: 179
    Options
    Gold's!!!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Where you can work your legs and booty...
    Squats are awesome
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    ooiut ooit!!!!!!!!!!!! im thinking the winner is golds but I may have to wait a min before I can cancel pf because they are gonna charge me 60 to cancel
  • Happygirl4242
    Options

Where you can work your legs and booty...
    Squats are awesome

I cant see it
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    ooiut ooit!!!!!!!!!!!! im thinking the winner is golds but I may have to wait a min before I can cancel pf because they are gonna charge me 60 to cancel

Crooks. GTFO of there! :flowerforyou:
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    lol okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that's kind of a manly tool isn't it tho
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    all the guys and gals are gonna be looking at me crazy lol like dangggggggggggggg that girl can squat lol
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    PF is a franchised business so they are hit and miss depending on the staff's dedication. Its not a ****hole in general. They have great equipment, variety as well. They don't have trainers but you can sign up for their classes or personal assistance; but you're not pressured to do it. I love the price that includes unlimited visits, guest passes each visit, tanning, hydro massage, massage chairs, and light therapy. They are usually open 24/7 as well so its very convenient. . True some very uneducated people attend PF but that's different per day/time and location. Mine has tons of very athletic serious patrons.

Only complaint is that just like everyone not everyone cleans their equipment. I'm not a lifter so I can't speak for the weight area-- I just use the machines. They don't have a pool or sauna.

PF is as serious as you personally make it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I have a memebership to both right now but am also looking to cancel one of em which one is your favorite and why?

Go with the one you like. Both have their benefits.

Hell, I might keep them both just for the free food at PF being worth more than the monthly cost.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Really depends on what you like more, and what you personally need.

I've been going to planet fitness for awhile and I love it. I've lost 70 lbs. It's only $10 a month and no contract which is awesome for me. I always see people talking about the lunk alarm and no squat racks etc but I guess it varies by location? I've been to two in two different states and they both have squat racks, free weights, battle ropes and other things I see people saying they don't have. Weird, I guess I just got lucky!

I liked my old memberships at both gold's and bally's too, but mainly because I liked the pool. Now that i can access a pool for free where I live now, it's not necessary for me to spend the extra $$$ on it.

Also, I don't plan on becoming a bodybuilder/fitness model any time in the NEAR future :laugh: I just want to lose weight and become more toned, and I can do that just fine where I'm at now. Now, further down the road as I progress I may change my mind, who knows. But for now, as someone who has another 190-ish lbs to lose and not much dough to spend, PF is fine for me.
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    PF is a franchised business so they are hit and miss depending on the staff's dedication. Its not a ****hole in general. They have great equipment, variety as well. They don't have trainers but you can sign up for their classes or personal assistance; but you're not pressured to do it. I love the price that includes unlimited visits, guest passes each visit, tanning, hydro massage, massage chairs, and light therapy. They are usually open 24/7 as well so its very convenient. . True some very uneducated people attend PF but that's different per day/time and location. Mine has tons of very athletic serious patrons.

Only complaint is that just like everyone not everyone cleans their equipment. I'm not a lifter so I can't speak for the weight area-- I just use the machines. They don't have a pool or sauna.

well I was kinda turned off because my boyfriend started his first at pf then I went with him as a guest and I walked up tot the guy working there to ask a few questions and he just said "are you going to join today or not " then I said no and he walked away and now everytime I go there and I see him I get pissed lol and then end up leaving early
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    I have a memebership to both right now but am also looking to cancel one of em which one is your favorite and why?

Go with the one you like. Both have their benefits.

Hell, I might keep them both just for the free food at PF being worth more than the monthly cost.

lol ive been with PF since like last September and I still have yet to get a slice lol but next Monday it's on!!
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    what to do what to do so many choices lol free pizza but no squats or squats and no pizza this is hard lol
  • Happygirl4242
    Options
    hummmmmmmmmmmmmm what's a good amount for a girl my size to lift while squatting im 24 4ft 11 and 175
  • lyrics09
    lyrics09 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

well I was kinda turned off because my boyfriend started his first at pf then I went with him as a guest and I walked up tot the guy working there to ask a few questions and he just said "are you going to join today or not " then I said no and he walked away and now everytime I go there and I see him I get pissed lol and then end up leaving early

Well that's a shame. That certainly doesn't happen at our(s), we go to 2 locations weekly. I am my mother's guest for the summer till I can join this fall and the staff at both locations are so helpful and friendly. I even get to use the tanning/massage etc even though guests aren't supposed to, only members get to technically. Go where you feel the most comfortable. I haven't tried Golds but I'm sure those are hit or miss too. GL! :)
  • lshender
    lshender Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    If all you want to do is lose weight, then all you need to do is look at your diet.

That's just not true. You don't have to be a world class athlete, but no weight loss routine is complete without exercise.
  • Happygirl4242
    Options

Well that's a shame. That certainly doesn't happen at our(s), we go to 2 locations weekly. I am my mother's guest for the summer till I can join this fall and the staff at both locations are so helpful and friendly. I even get to use the tanning/massage etc even though guests aren't supposed to, only members get to technically. Go where you feel the most comfortable. I haven't tried Golds but I'm sure those are hit or miss too. GL! :)

I'm really leaning towards golds that guy at pf is an *kitten* hole! but ill prob keep it until golds is built pf is up the street and they are building a full fitness center for gold right up the street im excited and I cant wait until aug 1st