which greek yogurt brand is better?

Options
124»

Replies

• VTuominen
    VTuominen Posts: 6
    Options
    I really like Fage 0% Plain, however it can be expensive. I recently learned how to make my own yogurt to cut down on costs. I like all the probiotics in Fage (Yoplait and other brands often have far less, especially outside the Greek varieties), so I buy a container of that as my starter yogurt. I reap the benefits of Fage at a fraction of the cost!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    When Greek yogurt started making its way over here I tried a cup of Chobani and hated it, sticking with regular yogurt when I'd eat it. Then I moved on to Yoplait Greek in March and liked it (especially the pineapple one). Last month I decided to get a tub of plain Chobani that I eat with granola and blueberries and it was better than I thought before, and now I have an additional three cups in the refrigerator.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I like Stonyfield. It's organic so no pesticides, growth hormones or artificial ingredients. The blueberry (fruit on the bottom) is DELICIOUS (17 carbs and 12 grams of protein).

Stoneyfield is the only one I use as well. It is the only brand that does not feed it's cows GMO feed.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the Chobani but since they use GMOs, I don't anymore. I tried the Fage, I didn't like it. I've been trying a few of the Yoplait 100 Calorie Greek ones and so far so good.

I think Yoplait is one of the least organic friendly choices:
    http://gmoinside.org/gmo-yogurt-how-does-your-favorite-brand-stack-up-2/

Chobani market share is so big, I dont think they can help it.
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    I like Yoplait 0% fat 8.0g protein per 100g