Options
    Yup, Evgeni is clearly the uneducated one here. :noway:
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOL OP.

Yes, you're 22.

I knew everything when I was 22 too.

My exact thoughts. In for more awesome enlightenment.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    In to watch a 22 year old with zero pounds lost tell everyone else how to do it. :laugh:

And lol at a 500 calorie deficit being too much :noway:
  • RabbitLost
    RabbitLost Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I needed the chuckle this morning. Thanks, OP.

Overconfident kiddo vs. Scientist. Cage match on Sunday Sunday Sunday.

In for the cage match!!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    If there are studies backing up your viewpoint, perhaps you should link to them along with how your intepret their findings in each case?

My ancedote:
    I lost two pounds a week pretty steadly for 20 weeks earlier in the year.
    As it goes, I had what seemed to be a slow down in BMR - I stopped losing weight and my lifts actually went up a bit, which seems consistent with the body using less.
    I then upped my calories by 1000 at 250 calories a week and consistently lost weight at half a pound a week while upping my calories.
    During those 20 weeks I was averaging at least 2000 calories a day BEFORE cardio while losing 2lb/week; I always eat cardio calories back on top.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    OP--you have been provided some very good insight in your thread. Do some research on metabolic damage before posting again please. You are providing great entertainment this AM though.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    LOLOLOL OP.

Yes, you're 22.

I knew everything when I was 22 too.
    right?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    dang
    im 22

I feel like I'm talking to 16 year olds

IKR?!?!?!?!
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Hey, this showed up on my newsfeed like, eight times in a row.

What's happening in here guys?
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Layne is a victim himself of what he preaches, but like I said, over your broscience crap, the proof is in the evidence, the evidence of studies. The large defecits that people create do catch up with them! AND YES SLOWWWWWW the metabolism, and indefinately over time

dang
    im 22

I feel like I'm talking to 16 year olds
    Just a tip here which might be useful in real life as well as on the forums - a little less over-confidence and a whole load less insults might get you a long way in gaining respect.

Example of what looks like over-confidence to me...
    "3 years studying nutrition" versus Layne Norton ( "renowned prep/physique coach and pro natural bodybuilder/powerlifter with a PhD in Nutritional Sciences").

BTW - my two years of 5:2 doesn't seem to have done me any harm, maybe I move too fast for it to catch up with me?

:wink

More like hubris and arrogance.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Hey, this showed up on my newsfeed like, eight times in a row.

What's happening in here guys?

^this.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Let's get some definitions going because this might be fun...

Framework of Intermittent Fasting:

- Some people follow IF within a daily framework 18 hours fasting and 6 feeding.
    - Others follow a framework of 5:2 - with 500-600 cals and relatively unmoderated feeding on the other days.

and there are numerous variations of these.

My personal position is that, while meal frequency does have some effects on a variety of hormones, it really is a question of preference and not the single solution for all in terms of general weight loss. Thermogenesis studies tend to show that energy balance is really more about total calories than meal frequency or meal timing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3592618

However, if it helps with personal satiety, organization, long term adherence it has value for the individual. In terms of people with either issues with insulin sensitivity or athletes or contest prepping it might also make further sense but I do not currently see it as useful for myself or even as a first recommendation to the majority of people learning new eating habits.

Now, OP, which type of IF are you talking about? Because 5:2 IF certainly does restrict calories for a day well below 800 and I have not seen a study suggesting these people are experiencing metabolic damage.
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    in
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP. You may have had some information to share, but I can't take an author or their advice seriously if they can't even present the information clearly and effectively, especially given the number of word processing programs out there that will correct things for you. You might have better luck editing the piece and presenting it to the community again once it's in a format people can read.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Do I sense a butthurt thread in the near future? Hmmmm...
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    . Sorry OP. You may have had some information to share, but I can't take an author or their advice seriously if they can't even present the information clearly and effectively, especially given the number of word processing programs out there that will correct things for you. You might have better luck editing the piece and presenting it to the community again once it's in a format people can read.

OP, maybe we're all just misunderstanding you, since your profile also says you practice IF, yet in this thread you seem to say that this causes metabolic damage? I'm confused. Perhaps you could clarify?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Let's get some definitions going because this might be fun...

Framework of Intermittent Fasting:

- Some people follow IF within a daily framework 18 hours fasting and 6 feeding.
    - Others follow a framework of 5:2 - with 500-600 cals and relatively unmoderated feeding on the other days.

and there are numerous variations of these.

My personal position is that, while meal frequency does have some effects on a variety of hormones, it really is a question of preference and not the single solution for all in terms of general weight loss. Thermogenesis studies tend to show that energy balance is really more about total calories than meal frequency or meal timing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3592618

However, if it helps with personal satiety, organization, long term adherence it has value for the individual. In terms of people with either issues with insulin sensitivity or athletes or contest prepping it might also make further sense but I do not currently see it as useful for myself or even as a first recommendation to the majority of people learning new eating habits.

Now, OP, which type of IF are you talking about? Because 5:2 IF certainly does restrict calories for a day well below 800 and I have not seen a study suggesting these people are experiencing metabolic damage.

Are you back again?

REPORTED, for uneducated, 16 year old bullying.
  • Russandol
    Russandol Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Saw the subject line and knew I had to see this.

GDNyuPn.gif
  • aarnwine2013
    aarnwine2013 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm in. :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.