In for future reference..........
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm only here for the responses. :drinker:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    This thread has the potential to be very entertaining.

godzilla_zps7630d8e3.gif

:laugh:
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Today I learned IF is magic and there is no actual deficit in weight loss. laugh

No, large cuts make sense in certain individuals where rapid loss is appropriate given other health risks or an individual's mental capacity to persevere in a weight loss plan.

Btw, Layne isn't the biggest fan of IF.... (I'm not necessarily agreeing with his points here):

Yes, his name is Layne, Not Lyle!!!! ;)

IF has no food crashes during the day, when people think of fasting they think of no food, obvs your uneducated because of the lack of response lmfao

Layne is a victim himself of what he preaches, but like I said, over your broscience crap, the proof is in the evidence, the evidence of studies. The large defecits that people create do catch up with them! AND YES SLOWWWWWW the metabolism, and indefinately over time

dang
    im 22

I feel like I'm talking to 16 year olds
    RQBCDo6.jpg

In!

because the person you quoted is probably one of the most educated individuals on MFP!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Has the OP abandoned thread? I would like to learn more about how my 1700 calories are going to halt my weight loss.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    In to watch a 22 year old with zero pounds lost tell everyone else how to do it. :laugh:

And lol at a 500 calorie deficit being too much :noway:

In. So in
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I need more coffee....
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Oh to be 22 know everything and have the tactful delivery of a wrecking ball.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Since it's blowing up my feed anyways! IN, because it's the last day of summer school and I'm going to have some time on my hands. :drinker:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    show.gif
  • sweetcocobunny
    Options
    Wait a minute, now that you edited your post things are clearer. You went back to your original maintenance *after* you lost weight? Of course you put weight back on. You need to readjust your maintenance accordingly.

Also, nutrition info is not nearly accurate enough to only be eating at a 50 cal deficit and hoping to lose weight.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    In, to watch a crash and burn............
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Is OP coming back?
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    This is great. I might as well get in on the action:

OP, where did you "study nutrition" between the ages of 19 and 22?

I believe her profile states - "Currently living in China teaching english to children." and
    "I enjoy studying nutrition and practicing a healthy lifestyle. "

I enjoy learning, too. Doesn't mean I am formally studying at present.

You can help Chinese children learn English, without being an English teacher.
  • dorisopen9
    dorisopen9 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @EvgeniZyntx
    My personal position is that, while meal frequency does have some effects on a variety of hormones, it really is a question of preference and not the single solution for all in terms of general weight loss. Thermogenesis studies tend to show that energy balance is really more about total calories than meal frequency or meal timing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3592618

I am sure you don't mind some science ;)

Have you read this one:
    http://www.diabetologia-journal.org/files/Kahleova.pdf

This suggests that meal frequency makes a difference, at least in type II diabetics. Not sure what the underlying mechanism is although I strongly suspect that insulin might be involved somehow. I'll certainly watch that space.

I apologise wholeheartedly to all spectators for pulling this thread back on a more factual level. :flowerforyou:
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    @EvgeniZyntx
    My personal position is that, while meal frequency does have some effects on a variety of hormones, it really is a question of preference and not the single solution for all in terms of general weight loss. Thermogenesis studies tend to show that energy balance is really more about total calories than meal frequency or meal timing.

Have you read this one:

This suggests that meal frequency makes a difference, at least in type II diabetics. Not sure what the underlying mechanism is although I strongly suspect that insulin might be involved somehow. I'll certainly watch that space.

I apologise wholeheartedly to all spectators for pulling this thread back on a more factual level. :flowerforyou:

This is what makes these threads terrific. Awesome info, great drama, gifs. MFP should start an HBO show.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    @EvgeniZyntx

Have you read this one:

Aren't they discussing general weight loss for the public at large? How does something that affects a subset of people with a particular type of diabetes apply?
  • da_bears1008
    da_bears1008 Posts: 354
    Options
    IN
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    @EvgeniZyntx

Have you read this one:

Aren't they discussing general weight loss for the public at large? How does something that affects a subset of people with a particular type of diabetes apply?

This was going to be my response up until the point where I realized I didn't care enough to type it out.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    In.

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif
This discussion has been closed.