Hobby Lobby....

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
Did a mediocre job framing my 2 college diplomas. Meh, I shoulda just paid more and gone somewhere else.

Replies

• miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    They have reasonably priced fabric.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    They are never there for me to satisfy my Sunday afternoon arts and crafts needs.
  • _John_
    Options
    I do have some signed football cards that contain a letter from a jersey that spell out my alma matter that they framed that is pretty cool. They did a very good job on that one.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I used to buy model rockets there. Those are great projects to do with your kids. Secretly I had more fun than they did launching those things and watching the parachute deploy. Ah, good times.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I have never had anything framed there... but I do like to get picture frames for $15 or less there...

I have had friends though complain about Michael's and their framing job.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Michaels is much nicer.
  • _John_
    Options
    I used to buy model rockets there. Those are great projects to do with your kids. Secretly I had more fun than they did launching those things and watching the parachute deploy. Ah, good times.

I like the parachuting fireworks that do that...not sure if they're sold anymore...I'll have to check when I'm hunting for stuff to blow up on Thursday night.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Did a mediocre job framing my 2 college diplomas. Meh, I shoulda just paid more and gone somewhere else.

Seriously, you could have done much better than A&M.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Michaels is much nicer.

The Michael's around here is overpriced and usually don't have what I need... ;)
  • _John_
    Options
    Michaels is much nicer.

The Michael's around here is overpriced and usually don't have what I need... ;)

hobby lobby usually has cool sales on Christmas decorations after the season too. We got a mini tree, some wreaths, and some ornaments cheap there.
  • chunkmunk
    chunkmunk Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    OP, thank you for this. I'm a lawyer and everywhere I turn I'm reading about the SCOTUS opinion. I clicked on this and got a much needed laugh! :flowerforyou:
  • k8blujay2
    Options

tumblr_inline_my629o5sDj1qkavmj.gif
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options

Wait, you mean I was supposed to put a parachute in that compartment instead of gasoline? Next you'll be telling me I was supposed to point the rocket at the sky instead of the car in front of me.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Michaels is much nicer.

hobby lobby usually has cool sales on Christmas decorations after the season too. We got a mini tree, some wreaths, and some ornaments cheap there.

Not to mention the cool sales BEFORE the season... some hobby lobby's have Christmas decorations out already.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

tumblr_inline_my629o5sDj1qkavmj.gif

Actually, I'm pretty sure most A&M grads couldn't have done better... :tongue:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Michaels is much nicer.

I prefer AC Moore... they always have out 50% off coupons.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I'm a total hobby snob. I buy all my craft supplies off Ebay or Etsy from international sources. No way am I stepping into these stores with the riffraff. Next thing, I'll be *shudder* buying groceries at Walmart and Aldi.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Michaels is much nicer.

AND open on Sundays
  • _John_
    Options
    Michaels is much nicer.

AND open on Sundays

so is McDonalds, but I still like the other choice better...
  • _John_
    Options
    I'm a total hobby snob. I buy all my craft supplies off Ebay or Etsy from international sources. No way am I stepping into these stores with the riffraff. Next thing, I'll be *shudder* buying groceries at Walmart and Aldi.

Between Aldi and Walmart, I'm not sure which is "worse" to claim for buying groceries...