Hobby Lobby....

Options

Replies

• _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    Conservatism is nonsense. Supposedly this is all about life being sacred. Life is sacred. That's why you shouldn't have an abortion. Or use birth control for some reason even though that would seem to curb the first thing a bit. Maybe just don't have sex. Then you won't get pregnant. Well, I guess there has been at least one birth without sex so even that's not a solid solution ;) But if you're a man you can still have sex. We'll help with the drugs for you to have sex if you're a man. Because life is sacred and we need to get as many babies to this planet as possible. Once they're here though they're on their own. Because universal health care is wrong. Welfare is wrong. A living wage is wrong.

h6CCFE089
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    So.... what crafts/hobbies/projects are people working on these days?

I'm trying to create my family's "Wall of Fame"....
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

I'm going to do a display honoring my late grandmother. Probably a display that has her 3 wood, and something to do with fishing, and picture of her at their house on the lake.

I spent a lot of time out there as a kid, and we fished, golfed, and played board and card games a lot together.
  • tturley
    tturley Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I injured my SCOTUS one time riding a bicycle.
  • nancy10272004
    nancy10272004 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

I do counted cross-stitch. I'm doing a Cape Cod themed one at the moment.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I bought $2 frames from a craft store and framed mine and my boyfriend's diplomas. They look great, so I have no clue how a shop could have screwed yours up.
  • bethlaf
    bethlaf Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    meh - i buy my stuff all from india/china or from the silversmith on trips to Santa Fe .

the stuff they carry there is fine for smaller projects but i cant really get supplies from some local shop that anyone can get and expect to sell stuff for 300 bucks ,
    and well, the furniture they have out front- i pop in for trends and inspiration...

though i do have a friend who goes there before Samhain and pesters them for "more witchy" stuff... i think thats just silly, but hey shes 65 who am i to argue with her...
  • eclaireya
    eclaireya Posts: 61 Member
    Options

Actually, I'm pretty sure most A&M grads couldn't have done better... :tongue:

I know who miss mobilehoma represents, but how about you?

:laugh: A tiny private women's college in Virginia, but I spent my elementary school years in Norman before moving to that larger southern state.

Sweetbriar? One of my closest friends went there...
  • Leyalin
    Leyalin Posts: 22 Member
    Options

Recently finished crocheting a round ripple blanket and matching amigurumi kitty for my mom and now she wants a matching pillowcase so that's next on the list. Then I have 3 plarn bags and a pirate octopus to make. Somewhere in there I want to make myself a nice shawl.
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options

Crocheting my way through my stash (don't currently have a yarn budget), so I'm making an "in memorium" afghan from yarn my bf's dad gave me before he passed away. I'm giving it to my bf's mom either for her bday or for Christmas. I'm also making baby blankets and scarves galore!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Aww... some sweet projects going on!!!

I still have to finish my daughter's afghan...
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

Actually, I'm pretty sure most A&M grads couldn't have done better... :tongue:

I know who miss mobilehoma represents, but how about you?

:laugh: A tiny private women's college in Virginia, but I spent my elementary school years in Norman before moving to that larger southern state.

Sweetbriar? One of my closest friends went there...

LOL yes! Never expected that. Actually, I found an old lacrosse teammate on here but still, hardly anyone has ever heard of it.
  • dewsmom78
    dewsmom78 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Michaels is much nicer.

AND open on Sundays

so is McDonalds, but I still like the other choice better...

Exactly.

I do like Michael's coupons, but they never seem to have any cashiers available.

Sundays were always family day in my household, we can all survive a day without shopping.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I am saddened that all we have is a Michaels that is poorly put together, always trashy, and empty, too overpriced, and rude people.

I wish we had a Hobby Lobby or other craft stores around... makes me a sad panda
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha - saw the title and I thought there was going to be some major butt hurt going on. Thank you OP for restoring my faith in MFP Forums!!!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Michaels is much nicer.

The Michael's around here is overpriced and usually don't have what I need... ;)

Shop the sales and get JoAnn coupons. Michaels honors them so I usually get what I need at 40-50% off.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

I am crocheting afghans for everybody this Christmas. 3 down and one to go, which will probably wait until the temps cool down in the fall. Nothing like having an almost finished afghan draped across your lap when it is 80° out.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I could live at hobby lobby <3