Hobby Lobby....

Options

Replies

• HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Did a mediocre job framing my 2 college diplomas. Meh, I shoulda just paid more and gone somewhere else.

Seriously, you could have done much better than A&M.

tumblr_inline_my629o5sDj1qkavmj.gif

Actually, I'm pretty sure most A&M grads couldn't have done better... :tongue:

So what is wrong with Aggies? They all seem pretty nice to me. They don't trip me while I run, that says something! :happy:
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Did a mediocre job framing my 2 college diplomas. Meh, I shoulda just paid more and gone somewhere else.

Seriously, you could have done much better than A&M.

tumblr_inline_my629o5sDj1qkavmj.gif

Actually, I'm pretty sure most A&M grads couldn't have done better... :tongue:

So what is wrong with Aggies? They all seem pretty nice to me. They don't trip me while I run, that says something! :happy:

I would never besmirch the niceness of an Aggie, it's the wits I question. :happy:
  • Tilim
    Tilim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I will make sure to never spend one penny at that place. I would rather go to Walmart and I refuse to shop there.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    I will make sure to never spend one penny at that place. I would rather go to Walmart and I refuse to shop there.

Walmart still saves you hundreds every year...
  • djprice_69
    djprice_69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The nearest Hobby Lobby to me is about 50 miles one-way, but it is well worth the drive! Very clean store, almost always very friendly staff, and they do have some great sales before/during/after holidays :-)
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Mods are watching

i-m-watching-you-o.gif
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Mods are watching

i-m-watching-you-o.gif
    Then they're probably bored.......
    Not a whole lot of drama going on here.
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I injured my SCOTUS one time riding a bicycle.

Nice. :laugh: We need a few Aggie jokes to complete this thread.

Our Hobby Lobby needs a new store, but there sure is some interesting crafty crap in that store! Now, if I only was a crafty person...
  • miss_mckenna
    miss_mckenna Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hobby Lobby can suck a fart. They don't sell Chanukah items and they wouldn't provide for my birth control if I was brainwashed enough to work for their mediocre bassackwards company. I'll take my money to Joann's and Michael's.
  • kimcowz
    kimcowz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    No Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Rural South Dakota, we have a Kleins, kind of a hole in the wall place that smells funny, they have everything you need including giant bottles of glitter for homecoming. Not sure what their stance is but I heard rumors they're Catholics..... :)
  • Swaggs51
    Swaggs51 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    No Hobby Lobby or Michaels. Rural South Dakota, we have a Kleins, kind of a hole in the wall place that smells funny, they have everything you need including giant bottles of glitter for homecoming. Not sure what their stance is but I heard rumors they're Catholics..... :)

Its those rumors that will get you
  • lmhbuss
    lmhbuss Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm a total hobby snob. I buy all my craft supplies off Ebay or Etsy from international sources. No way am I stepping into these stores with the riffraff. Next thing, I'll be *shudder* buying groceries at Walmart and Aldi.

Between Aldi and Walmart, I'm not sure which is "worse" to claim for buying groceries...

I have come to love Aldi I can seriously buy so much food for less than $100... Walmart is a hell to the no...
    Plus, Aldi's starts their cashiers out at $11.50/hour while walmart pays it's people crap and tells them to go sign up for food stamps. It's been a long time since I stepped foot inside a walmart, and I have no regrets.
  • Tilim
    Tilim Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Not if I refuse to step on one :)
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options

they changed a lot of business practices that still save you money (on average)...
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

they changed a lot of business practices that still save you money (on average)...
    Not to mention, that when there are other stores competing with Walmart... often times you can get the same or better deals at the other stores than at Walmart. :)
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Hobby Lobby can suck a fart. They don't sell Chanukah items and they wouldn't provide for my birth control if I was brainwashed enough to work for their mediocre bassackwards company. I'll take my money to Joann's and Michael's.

^^this :explode: :angry: :sick: :grumble:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind working for Hobby Lobby... supposedly their full time wage is $14.50 an hour... I can hang with that....
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    OP, thank you for this. I'm a lawyer and everywhere I turn I'm reading about the SCOTUS opinion. I clicked on this and got a much needed laugh! :flowerforyou:

I'm not a lawyer and everywhere I turn I'm reading about the SCOTUS opinion. What could it mean?
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options

Ok, I'll give you that... Because that's pretty much the reason I don't go into Walmart... Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Sprouts are all farther than I care to drive. The Aldi's I go to isn't all bad... and then I supplement with Tom Thumb (a Safeway... or now Albertson's **vomit** brand).

Albertsons is the Walgreens with produce though...NOBODY shops there, so it was never crowded. At least in College Station. You could go to HEB at 3 AM there and it would STILL be packed...Walmart is always a freeforall.

I shop at the 'whole foods' version of HEB called Central Market. Love. It. I won't shop anywhere else now. They have all kinds of stuff there. It's amazing.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Ok, I'll give you that... Because that's pretty much the reason I don't go into Walmart... Whole Foods, Trader Joes, and Sprouts are all farther than I care to drive. The Aldi's I go to isn't all bad... and then I supplement with Tom Thumb (a Safeway... or now Albertson's **vomit** brand).

Albertsons is the Walgreens with produce though...NOBODY shops there, so it was never crowded. At least in College Station. You could go to HEB at 3 AM there and it would STILL be packed...Walmart is always a freeforall.

I shop at the 'whole foods' version of HEB called Central Market. Love. It. I won't shop anywhere else now. They have all kinds of stuff there. It's amazing.

Central Market is amazing but I have to be careful or I wind up walking out with only two bags and short $200. If I hit produce, meat/seafood and head straight for checkout, I'm golden. If I wander to another part of the store, I'm f*cked.