5'4-5'5 women goal weight

Options

Replies

• cjl2535
    cjl2535 Posts: 89
    Options
    Hello :)
    I've been on both the low and high end of the "healthy" bmi range (Currently on the high end)

I've been bmi 18 (95 - 100 lbs): I got down to this due to an eating disorder...i looked extremely sick and I would NEVER ever go back...this may be a natural bmi for some women but it's definitely not for me

I've been bmi 28 (166 lbs): and I didn't feel like myself and it was not a good weight for my body type

I would say my goal weight at the moment is somewhere in the 125 - 140 range (bmi 22 ~ 24) ? with enough muscle now :D

Be realistic with your goals please and don't ever undereat :(
  • allycolli
    allycolli Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and I started out at 222, currently at 162. My goal weight is 149 which would be a 33% loss of my starting weight. My body fat is about 31% and I'd like to get it to 25%. My body frame is medium sized and I'm at 31% lean muscle mass which is in the high range for women. This is the smallest I've ever been (size 10 pants) which is thrilling. I don't know what I'll look like at 149 and may need to adjust, but it's really more dependent on my muscle tone and body fat than my weight.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"5.5. My first goal was 140lbs. I then changed it to 135 and I'm getting close, today I'm at 138.4. It feels weird being close to goal because then I'll need to figure out a maintenance plan. I like being this size (4) and weight now. I just want my abs to "pop" a little more.
  • NessaR2011
    NessaR2011 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My original ultimate goal was 135 (I'm 5'4) but I'm not sure now. I'm 164lbs and I know I'm not done yet but for now my UG is undetermined.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    5'4, my highest was 232, my lowest 119 (I did not look good!). Now 212. Would be satisfied at 150, pretty happy with 145, very proud at 140 and ecstatic at 132 (100 pounds loss), I mostly want to be in the single digits (size 7 sounds pretty nice too me!). Sooooo, if I have to pick a number, for now it's 145 pounds.
  • Siigh_duck
    Siigh_duck Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5''5 1/2 and I weigh roughly 125ish , I'm aiming for 110lbs, I have a small frame and I tend to carry most of my weight around my lower stomach so I have to get lower to achieve a flat tummy :) currently a UK size 10 - aiming for a definite size 8
  • cidalia1973
    cidalia1973 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my goal weight is 125ish (give or take for muscle). I've been lower than that, but looked sickly.
  • MrsAzriel
    MrsAzriel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and wanting to get to 128. This is only because it will put me solidly into one of the weight classes for Brazilian jujitsu competitions and I won't have to cut weight. I'm 134 right now.
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I started at 167 pounds at 5'4". My original goal weight was 140 pounds, then I got there and changed it to 130 lbs. Now I'm at 130 and am working towards 125 pound. I may go as low as 120, but that is getting on the pretty low end of the BMI scale and I'll probably be majorly tiny lol.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for 145. Originally when I started I thought I wanted to be 135 but I am really liking my new body and just want to have my new clothes fit a little better to have that window of five lbs or so when I go back into maintence. I like curves and so does my hubby.
  • TJB1012
    TJB1012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5 and I found myself the healthiest and happiest at 146. I stupidly got myself to 200.2lbs. now im at 194lbs and trying to get down to 150 and kind of try to stay 150 or lower and build muscle.
  • pinkvici
    pinkvici Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I am so pleased I clicked this thread. I;m 5'4, currently at 129lbs, original goal was 128. However, I have been saying I want to get to 120-125 and all my family are telling me not to go any smaller. I am medium build, and havent actually got below 135 before now (in my adult life). Reading this has got me thinking that maybe my current weight is okay and it's the toning I need to keep going with?!
  • kimberlyblindsey
    kimberlyblindsey Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" My original goal was 125. I started at 218 and thought that would be impossible (if you are gonna dream, dream big). I hit that one and then wanted a bit of vacation cushion so I went down to 123. I tried to adjust to my maintenance calories and ended up down at 115. I like how that looks on me better than 125 so my new range is 115-120. I try to get down to the low part of the range in the summer so that I can fluff up a bit in the winter season (or cookie season for me).
    ^this is brill!
    Cookie season, omg, I love that. I'm 5'5" and 119. I thought I'd aim for 113, but I think 115 is more my style, or whatever weight will get me in the bf range I want to be.
  • grubb1019
    grubb1019 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal is around 145 - 150. I started at a miserable 227 and my current weight is 187lbs. I was 128 when I was in my early 20s and I looked sick. I starved myself to get there, had no muscle, so I'm thinking 145 my look pretty good with muscle. I will see when I get there. I would like to wear a size 6 or 8.
  • katieai
    katieai Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 1/2" and my goal weight is 150. I have a naturally larger frame and have been 150 before and been satisfied with that size. I'm curvy by nature (baby-bearing hips and D cup bust) and do wish to keep an hourglass figure, just a little (okay, a LOT) less padding, please. 42 more pounds to go...

;)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I am on a diet and exercise plan. I am 5'5". My goal is 150. I think being thinner than that you run the chance of looking sickly. However, if you are young, (I am 41) your skin and body should respond to more weight loss.

I would like to say most women want to be thinner than that but if you line up a woman with a few extra pounds in just the right places and a very skinny girl, they will always pick the one with the curves! Men love curves! not bones!

Sweet mother of body shaming, Batman. Do what makes you feel best but don't resort to the "men want curves not bones" crap. Seriously? This is coming from someone who naturally has prominent rib bones when I'm at a healthy weight and it hurts my feelings knowing this is what women do to one another to justify their own personal body goals. Men want women. Period.
  • AdventureVix
    AdventureVix Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Im 5'4'' currently around 160lbs. My goal is 130lbs or to be in a healthy bmi range and around a size 4-6 pants size. Im carrying weight round my middle which I know is really bad for you so if I can get my waist size down in the 20s instead of 32" that would be a main goal also. I have a big frame so I'm not expecting miracle models body, just in a healthy range would be nice :)
  • kvansanity
    kvansanity Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and I'm a little below 120 right now. I'm satisfied with how I look but I think I would prefer to be at 115 so even when I'm a little bloated I'm not feeling pudgy. I was at 135 before I started and to me it was unhealthy looking and unsatisfying, even if it was in a healthy BMI range.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and perfectly happy at 150 :) but I started at 340 so 150 is a very big deal for me. And I am naturally curvy and I think 150 balances everything well.

It really is what you will be happy at that should be the defining factor of where to stop... Also remember that we are all shaped differently so others people's goals might not work for you...
  • marecoff
    marecoff Posts: 3
    Options
    I finally got out of the 150's!! My lowest weight after 2 kids was 130 lbs. Honestly looking back at pictures I looked too skinny. Now my goal is to be STRONG! I workout 5-6 times a week burning around 600-700 calories a workout. Ideally I think 140 would be good for me but since I am doing more strength training that may be a while off. It has been hard to get away from the number on the scale but I love seeing the definition of my guns!