5'4-5'5 women goal weight

Options

Replies

• yellowsaphire2016
    Options
    i'm just shy of 5'5. my most comfortable weight is around 128, with good muscle tone. my current is closer to 140. put on the worst kind of weight..the belly fat. it's all in my mid section! so it's been tough to see results right away. working hard.
  • Von2bslim
    Von2bslim Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to posting here but found your question interesting and it got me thinking about my goal weight. Great to see so many have done so well with their weight loss, :heart: those tickers - gotta get me one of those! I am 5'4',' currently 172lbs was 181, according to BMI guide I should be between 107 - 145 lbs, I think 107 sounds very low I am aiming for 150/140 and will reassess when/if I ever get there. I am stuck which is why I have come back to MFP to track again to see where I am going wrong!
  • TutuMom41
    TutuMom41 Posts: 278
    Options
    I am 5'5 1/2 and I weigh 128 I wear a size 2-4 and am happy at this weight ")
  • TutuMom41
    Options
    ... Sorry misquoted and cant delete it so I am just editing it :)
  • Linnaea27
    Linnaea27 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I'm shorter than all of you, but my mom is 5'4" with a very slender frame (33" hips or something like that) and was healthy at 109 lbs for much of her life, until menopause, which caused her to lose weight! She's muscular but very light indeed now, although she is very healthy and eats a LOT.

I think good-looking weights vary greatly by one's frame size and muscle mass.
  • TutuMom41
    Options
  • TierraButler
    TierraButler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
  • TutuMom41
    Options
    I am on a diet and exercise plan. I am 5'5". My goal is 150. I think being thinner than that you run the chance of looking sickly. However, if you are young, (I am 41) your skin and body should respond to more weight loss.

I would like to say most women want to be thinner than that but if you line up a woman with a few extra pounds in just the right places and a very skinny girl, they will always pick the one with the curves! Men love curves! not bones!

I think its rude to say people who weigh less run the risk of looking sickly. Americans have lost touch with that a normal size is.

Underweight = <18.5
    Normal weight = 18.5–24.9
    Overweight = 25–29.9

BMI for a woman who is 5'5" is 25 is over weight, Just barely but it is. My insurance company raises its premiums $300 a year on anyone who falls into the category over weight.

I am also 41

weight 128 BMI 21.3 <
    Not sickly

and who the hell cares about what men like. This is about health and really there are men out there that like all types
  • lcangelini
    lcangelini Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My goal weight right now is 125. I'm comfortable at my weight right now (~140) but I think an extra -15 would be healthier. I'm also much more muscular now so I'm not looking to much lower than 125
  • marecoff
    marecoff Posts: 3
    Options
    Welcome back! This site is the best way to get fit. I agree with you the low end sure is low! not for me that's for sure. Just take it one day at a time and enjoy the melting !
  • _Clarana_
    _Clarana_ Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    110lbs for me, maybe a little more if it looks a bit too thin. I'm 5 ft 5, pear shaped with a round face, so, yeah..
  • erialcelyob
    erialcelyob Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    5"4 with quite a bit of muscle also mainly on my legs and not much in the booby department - I am atm 137lbs and am currently aiming for 125 and will then re-evaluate ;)
  • TutuMom41
    Options
    110lbs for me, maybe a little more if it looks a bit too thin. I'm 5 ft 5, pear shaped with a round face, so, yeah..

110 is underweight for your height. Maybe you should talk to a therapist.
  • R_ckThisBody
    R_ckThisBody Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'4 i would like to be 120 lbs, all depends how my bodys looks first
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am a hippy 5'5". At my heaviest I weighed 199 pounds. My goal is to lose 50 pounds, so my goal weight is 149. I am 47 so it is not as easy as it was when I had my babies back when I was a baby.

Thanks for starting this thread. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and fluctuate between 116-119.
  • dubbledizzle
    dubbledizzle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and a half and my goal weight is 135 because that's the lowest I remember ever being. I have more of a muscular build so I don't think I can get much skinnier than that, but we'll see when I get there!
  • tryingharder123
    tryingharder123 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    at 5'5" when i was healthy i was 136. i was squishy but had good curves and felt very comfortable with my appearance. = )
    unfortunately due to stress and not eating right im down at 107 lbs. i want me squishy back!!! But also its whatever you feel comfortable with.. try making a goal for 150-160 and see how you feel.. adjust then to lower or mantaining it. good luck!
  • amandagriffiths9
    Options
    I have forgotten what being anything less than 180 is. Well above this at the moment and in adulthood have never been below 150.... Going for 160 at the moment
  • mszsun
    mszsun Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'5 and I'm aiming to reach 130lbs. I've been underweight my whole life and I really want to change.