37 Calorie Brownie

Replies

• JMRod
    JMRod Posts: 86 Member
    I just made some and they are tasty! I didn't add as much stevia and they are sweet. I will adjust this amount down to make them less sweet.

I input the recipe and based on my brand of ingredients, the calories were 47.

Awesome recipe! Thanks for sharing.
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    just trying to figure out what your point is. The recipe that I posted has slightly different ingredients in it so yes it is less than the original from the site you looked at.. If you want to try that one ... Go for it and have your 100 calorie brownie... Enjoy either waydrinker

My fault for apparently doing a poor job explaining.

I suppose my point is that the brownies from the "original" recipe are said to have 100 calories each when you omit the nuts. The brownies from the "changed" recipe are said to have 37 calories.

Which is fine. You're right that two different recipes will have two different calorie counts. But... the differences in ingredients between the two recipes seem VERY slight to me. These aren't entirely different recipies--they're almost identical.

So I appeal to the experienced recipe-tweakers here: Where is the savings coming from? These calorie-saving tricks are exactly the sorts of things I'd love to learn more of.

Is the difference in calories between 3/4 cup of low-fat yogurt and 3/4 cup of non-fat greek yogurt really that big? Are regular Quaker Oats different from "wholegrain rolled oats"?
  • Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Yeeees
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    just trying to figure out what your point is. The recipe that I posted has slightly different ingredients in it so yes it is less than the original from the site you looked at.. If you want to try that one ... Go for it and have your 100 calorie brownie... Enjoy either waydrinker

I suppose my point is that the brownies from the "original" recipe are said to have 100 calories each when you omit the nuts. The brownies from the "changed" recipe are said to have 37 calories.

Which is fine. You're right that two different recipes will have two different calorie counts. But... the differences in ingredients between the two recipes seem VERY slight to me. These aren't entirely different recipies--they're almost identical.

So I appeal to the experienced recipe-tweakers here: Where is the savings coming from? These calorie-saving tricks are exactly the sorts of things I'd love to learn more of.

Is the difference in calories between 3/4 cup of low-fat yogurt and 3/4 cup of non-fat greek yogurt really that big? Are regular Quaker Oats different from "wholegrain rolled oats"?

I guess the question is why do you keep referring to the original recipe when people have been very kind to say exactly what is in this one????. Don't get it. Is it that important when it is such a negligible difference. I can understand if it were a couple hundred calories, but like I stated earlier don't understand why it is soooooo important. Not being rude. Just sayin.....
  • luvsunshine1
    luvsunshine1 Posts: 878 Member
    Looking forward to trying these. Thanks
  • bump
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member

I guess the question is why do you keep referring to the original recipe when people have been very kind to say exactly what is in this one????. Don't get it. Is it that important when it is such a negligible difference. I can understand if it were a couple hundred calories, but like I stated earlier don't understand why it is soooooo important. Not being rude. Just sayin.....
    ut oh.
    brownie drama, aisle 3
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Ohhhhhhh thank you for this! Bump!
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member

Oh well. Not the first time someone hasn't "gotten" me. Probably not the last! :tongue:
  • niouinon
    niouinon Posts: 3
    Tried them yesterday, and I counted 54cals per serving too. But, who cares? They are really good!

I added nougatine and chocolate chips to a second batch and it totalled 120 cals per serving, but frankly, the texture is so amazingly gooey that this number is still ridiculously low for a brownie that good!

I was really sceptical about baking with stevia, but this brownie changed my mind!
  • db34fit69
    db34fit69 Posts: 189 Member
    Did I do something wrong? I made these and they were unbearable. I didn't have Stevia so I used Splenda, which always tastes OK when I use it in other desserts such as banana bread, pumpkin pie, pudding, etc. The other parts of the recipe I followed to a T.
  • Muffie22
    Muffie22 Posts: 77 Member
    i've been making these : http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2012/06/10/skinny-peanut-butter-swirl-brownies/

Obviously they're higher in calories cos of the peanut butter but still yummy and healthy. I switched the sugar for honey too.
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Bump
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    made a batch yesterday certainly did not taste like 50ish calories.. I was thoroughly impressed.. since its the 4th today I will be adding vanilla ice cream on top of these another win into the equation.

cx2BgcF.gif
  • bloom7staunko1
    bloom7staunko1 Posts: 3 Member
    I will give them a try today. Thank you for sharing.
  • greengoddess0123
    greengoddess0123 Posts: 417 Member
    I have all the ingredients for this! Yay! I'll have to make them today (once my appetite returns after reading the "What's the grossest thing you've ever eaten" thread). :laugh:
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    bumping for later!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    bump!
    sounds good :)
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    bump