Options

Replies

• seekingjoyandfitness
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • angelzxy321
    angelzxy321 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I just tried the recipe with some substitutions as I do not like the aftertaste. I did not want to add the sweetener so I used vanilla instead of plain yogurt and added a scoop chocolate protein powder. I also added a pinch of pure stevia.

I could only wait so long for it to cool so when I cut it it was still warm. The consistency is good. Chewy. It's a bit bitter but that's because I did not add a lot of sweetener. I was saving a Klondike ice cream bar as a treat and I had it when the brownie on top. Yumm. The bitter from the brownie disappeared and and the bar actually tasted better with the brownie than without.

Aldi Fit & Active - Vanilla Nonfat Yogurt, 0.75 cup
    Aldi Friendly Farms - Unsweetened All Natural Vanilla Almond Milk, 2 fl oz
    Hersheys - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, 0.5 cup
    Aldi-Millville - Old Fashioned Oats, 40 grams (1/2 Cup Dry)
    Eggs - Whole, raw, 1 large
    Nestle's Chocolate Chips-semi-sweet 1 tbs
    Fit 15 - Protein Powder, 1 Scoop
    Baking powder, 1 tsp

Sliced into 9 pieces

Total:........calories - 589....Fat - 19.....Protein - 40........Carb - 246
    Per Serving: ............ 65 .............2 ...................4.................. 27
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Made 2 pans yesterday and served with fresh raspberries and cool whip light. Was a HIT
  • tarcotti
    tarcotti Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So I just tried these... with what I had on hand.. here's what I used...

142g Dannon Greek Yogurt Light & Fit Vanilla
    60ml Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    40g Nestle Toll House Cocoa Powder
    40g Quaker Old Fashioned Oats
    20g Splenda Sugar Blend
    47g Whole Large Egg
    3g Baking Powder
    >1g Salt

Servings: 9
    Calories: 58
    Carbs: 9g
    Fat: 1g
    Protein: 3g

To be honest... they came out flat and tasted less than stellar. Hubby took one bite and said it's disgusting. I ate a whole square. It was... okay... but not something I'd eat again. It was worth a shot but it left me pretty disappointed.

You can't make substitutions and expect it to be good. The original recipe on the website clearly states not to use Splenda. You have to use sugar or something that pours like it (like Stevia).

The recipe says: (or any natural/stevia based sweetener that pours like sugar)
  • tarcotti
    Options
    Did I do something wrong? I made these and they were unbearable. I didn't have Stevia so I used Splenda, which always tastes OK when I use it in other desserts such as banana bread, pumpkin pie, pudding, etc. The other parts of the recipe I followed to a T.

HEY EVERYONE!! Before making this recipe, you HAVE to read the blog post. Everything you do in baking matters. You can't just substitute things and expect them to be perfect. The blogger that posted this recipe says you can NOT using anything but something that pours like real sugar. If you add real sugar, the calorie count goes up to 92. Still not bad!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Made 2 pans yesterday and served with fresh raspberries and cool whip light. Was a HIT

Thank you for this update. I'm going to try to make it based on it's popularity with whoever you served it to.
  • ashthecat15
    ashthecat15 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    These sound so good! Chocolate is my downfall.
  • tomatosoup3
    tomatosoup3 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Red_sparkling_Titania
    Options
    ilt.gif
  • rkemp86
    rkemp86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious!
  • gersloyal
    gersloyal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CuteMonkeyGal
    CuteMonkeyGal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    bump! :D
  • focused4health
    focused4health Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    For those followers who are really into numbers and nutritional data I ran the recipe through a nutritional analysis and came up with a slightly different number... 52.5 calories each if cut into 9 small squares. Being predisposition for diabetes, I run this analysis on most recipes to get the sugar counts.

Is there a link for the tool that you used?
  • luckygirl51
    luckygirl51 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    yet another great recipe... thanks!
  • pippadeedippity
    pippadeedippity Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    For those followers who are really into numbers and nutritional data I ran the recipe through a nutritional analysis and came up with a slightly different number... 52.5 calories each if cut into 9 small squares. Being predisposition for diabetes, I run this analysis on most recipes to get the sugar counts.

Bottom line is most people don't need or want to be so precise with the numbers... AND THIS SNACK RECEIVED AN A- RATING. Can't do much better than A-... enjoy!

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 371 g
    Amount Per Serving 1
    Calories: 473 (52.555 per serving when cut into 9 squares)
    Calories from Fat: 122

% Daily Value*
    Total Fat: 13.5g (21%)
    Saturated Fat: 5.2g (26%)
    Trans Fat: 0.0g
    Cholesterol: 165mg (55%)
    Sodium: 326mg (14%)
    Potassium: 2007mg (57%)
    Total Carbohydrates: 68.0g (23%)
    Dietary Fiber: 17.9g (72%)
    Sugars: 11.8g
    Protein: 39.6g
    Vitamin A 7% • Vitamin C 1%
    Calcium 57% • Iron 59%
    Nutrition Grade A-
    * Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Thanks for the analysis! It helps tremendously! Can't wait to try these!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Made them with real sugar. Yum! Next time I'll try stevia but I'm not too sure I'll like them that way.
  • tarcotti
    Options
    Just made these today with real sugar instead of Stevia. I've been eating too much fake sugar lately with all those 0 calorie sodas. The calorie count went up to 92 with real sugar. (Everything else I kept the same). They were pretty good for what is in them! They aren't perfect brownies, really gooey and a little bitter. But honestly, when you put whip cream on top, I barely notice. I have to keep in mind that they are low calorie brownies, if that makes sense. The taste reminded me of chocolate mousse. Pretty good!
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Good to hear..... Sometimes you just need that chocolate !!!!!!!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    BUMP (so I can find the recipe when I want to try it)