Options
Hello,

I started IF 9 days ago. I fast 22 hours and eat one meal between 3-5pm

I am currently having a hard time meeting my nutritional goals
I have opened my diary to the public.

MY FAT 64
PROTEIN 68
but my protein alone needs to be in the 150s
I love IF and have lost 12 pounds this week. I love how it makes me feel and eating is no longer a hassle. But I want to make sure that while I make changes on the outside, i am also making the right changes on the inside. So if anyone could advise me on how to reach my nurtrional needs. Thanks so much,

Starting weight 378

Replies

• MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'd never heard of that diet plan! Is it meant to be long term?

Meanwhile... For this one meal a day, what calorie range are you striving for?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    So roughly 1400 calories in one meal. Do you think this makes sense?
  • Romyarts2014
    Romyarts2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I can sense your sarcasm , i didint post to get rude comments!
    IF works, and people have different ways of losing !

SO YES ! 1400 calories in one meal..

Im sure you have had a big mac and fries in one meal ??? one point in your life??

Mine is just healthier!

You didint have to comment or let alone post on my thread..

THANKS!!!
  • Romyarts2014
    Options

IF is something you can do for life, which is what I am doing. It is my new lifestyle. I am just needing to get a better grip on it
  • Romyarts2014
    Options

IF is something you can do for life, which is what I am doing. It is my new lifestyle. I am just needing to get a better grip on it
    and 1300-1500 calories
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity. Why would one want to fast for 22 hours? Would that not make someone cranky? I know when I have had to fast for medical procedures I was very very cranky.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    Just out of curiosity. Why would one want to fast for 22 hours? Would that not make someone cranky? I know when I have had to fast for medical procedures I was very very cranky.
    [/quote

Not at all, im either at the gym, keeping busy .
    Everyday I take my bike to my market and buy my meal for the day.

I am never hungry.
    I used to get frustrated having to decide what to eat everyday and I would never be full leading me to over eat.
    Now I am full and never have cravings.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    A 2 hour window is quite unusually small - most IF has a longer eating window than that.

150g protein is a tough one too - how did you come up with that as a target? What is it about this version of IF that's important to you?
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    its actually quite easy. i recently switched to a 20:4 IF style and i felt more hungry while eating 4 meals a day than i do with eating all my food in a 4 hour or less window

OP, just google calorie dense foods. other than that you just need to adjust to your new style of eating. it will get easier with time
  • s_pekz
    Options
    ALso in order to know how much to eat you need to caculate your TDEE and BMR. I worry you are not eating enough for your weight. 12lb in a week seem a little crazy
    Read this posting. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your caloric goals and macro goals. Personally, I find that a large steak (~16 oz), and a vegetable side with butter and/or cheese, will get me right to my protein and calorie goals. If you're falling short on your protein, look at adding more meat or increasing the number of servings.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    A 2 hour window is quite unusually small - most IF has a longer eating window than that.

150g protein is a tough one too - how did you come up with that as a target? What is it about this version of IF that's important to you?

I did not set my protein goal it was MFP and my friend on my profile was telling me to make sure to hit proteins etc.

I like not having to do breakfast and lunch (I never was hungry around than anyway) so when it came to my favorite time (dinner) i had 300 calories left and still left hungry. and at night I would go to sleep with a bag of chips next to my bed that I had cheated on.

So with IF, I eat 3-5 im full , gym , tv and bed.

There are many ways of IF. This is one of them and someone I know did the same and lost 173 pounds in 10 months!
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    its actually quite easy. i recently switched to a 20:4 IF style and i felt more hungry while eating 4 meals a day than i do with eating all my food in a 4 hour or less window

OP, just google calorie dense foods. other than that you just need to adjust to your new style of eating. it will get easier with time

Yes exactly!!

and thank you will do!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Im sure you have had a big mac and fries in one meal ??? one point in your life??

Mine is just healthier!

THANKS!!!

Nope no sarcasm, sorry you read it that way. Personally, I couldn't do this. I was asking more to see if you think you could do this for a period of time, long or short Health aside, and my eating aside, IF is affective for short periods of time, and some people use it for lifting and maintaining their weight. People also use it for other reasons I'm sure. As a public forum I can certainly post to your thread. If you think eating one meal per day makes sense best of luck. If you think long term it makes sense then best of luck. You may however, want to consider a different approach.

What are your goals and have you calculated your daily needs by using a website like fat2fitradio for BMR?
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    There are many ways of IF. This is one of them and someone I know did the same and lost 173 pounds in 10 months!

I certainly hope this isn't your motivation/goal. 4 lb/week for an extended period of time is unsustainable and dangerous unless you are super-morbidly obese (and is probably still unsustainable and dangerous even for those who are).
  • Romyarts2014
    Options
    It really depends on your caloric goals and macro goals. Personally, I find that a large steak (~16 oz), and a vegetable side with butter and/or cheese, will get me right to my protein and calorie goals. If you're falling short on your protein, look at adding more meat or increasing the number of servings.

mmm good idea! thank you!
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I follow IF but I do 18:6 and I love it. I can eat pancakes, bacon, cereal, hamburgers, practically whatever the hell I want! Start adding peanut butter, mayo, meats, and poptarts to help meet your goals!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Add a couple of glasses of full fat milk.
  • Romyarts2014
    Options

Mine is just healthier!

THANKS!!!

Nope no sarcasm, sorry you read it that way. Personally, I couldn't do this. I was asking more to see if you think you could do this for a period of time, long or short Health aside, and my eating aside, IF is affective for short periods of time, and some people use it for lifting and maintaining their weight. People also use it for other reasons I'm sure. As a public forum I can certainly post to your thread. If you think eating one meal per day makes sense best of luck. If you think long term it makes sense then best of luck. You may however, want to consider a different approach.

What are your goals and have you calculated your daily needs by using a website like fat2fitradio for BMR?

IF is affective for a short periods of time?
    thats not true! People do this as a lifestyle, there are groups and forums for this with people that do the same thing I am.

And yes this is a public forum, but negativity does not need to be posted.

I was simply asking about nutritional needs.
    I understand people might not understand this approach.
    But i also do not like eating a hand full of rabbit food at every meal just to get my calories
    I like feeling full, and this is how I do it.
  • s_pekz
    Options

I certainly hope this isn't your motivation/goal. 4 lb/week for an extended period of time is unsustainable and dangerous unless you are super-morbidly obese (and is probably still unsustainable and dangerous even for those who are).

Drives me nuts when people say stupid stuff like this.
    I am morbily obese. I am eating within my calories, and yes I plan to do this for the rest of my life.
    I do not expect to lose as much but if I do GREAT ! was giving this as a example.

I'm sorry stuff like that drives you nuts. My concern with the plan is the low number of calories for your weight. How did you come up with the number you did? Losing weight fast can be nice but it can also be somewhat dangerous. I just worry that this will negatively impact your health.